Page 171 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 711211611691701711721731812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    No such thing.
    Hold my beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    kabl1one... you cant say $0 $0 $0. because once youre in a conference you'd be a part of those..
    No sam you don't understand. If NDSU brings less additional revenue to conference then their pro rata share, everyone gets diluted. So it costs, in the MWC case, Wyoming, Boise, Utah State, etc. money to have NDSU in the league. Instead of dividing the pie by 10, its divided by 11 cause NDSU doesn't bring enough additional revenue. So NDSU revenue from media is 0. Cause they aren't getting a piece of the piece.

Same for Big Dance. NDSU you going to another conference isn't going to increase their take. The pie is finite (defined), you are diluting with new members. NDSU going MWC isn't going to mean a second or third team to the dance. They will have 1. So no additional revenue.

And I am sure your last point didn't make sense either, so I am not going to go back.

You in many ways use the same math as Adrian Peterson. Somewhere he thought it would all work out.

As todays ticket debacle shows us.

All Sold out in Minutes....

Then the entire area (especially western nodakers) LITERALLY GIVE UP TRYING OR EVEN PLANNING TO GO.

its Obvious NDSU is losing revenue and fans buy not having a bigger stadium.

Going FBS will be the only way to push the NDSU admin into a newer stadium
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

A larger stadium would wind up being a disaster. It would have to be outdoors because there is not enough money to build a large indoor stadium. Second, a large outdoor stadium would wind up with late season games going largely unsold. Just like here in Wyoming. Most fans aren't going to freeze their ass off sitting outside.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Damn, I wonder what percentage of folks on here saying that we could never make it in FBS were the same ones saying a DI move would never work back in the late 90's? Of course once the ball got rolling and they saw that this might actually work these same naysayers jumped on board the bandwagon. Nobody really has a good answer in how to fund an FBS move yet but to say we must stay FCS because things are comfortable is asinine and screams of the D2 mindset all over again. NDSU belongs in that 2nd tier of college athletics, the one that is commonly called the G5. Most of our peers have left FCS and moved up with JMU being the likely next one. As things change and the P5 continue to distance themselves from everyone else, we need to start preparing now for that opportunity so that when it comes we are ready. Thankfully ADML has done that to some extent by prioritizing getting our facilities up to the G5 standard. Once everything is complete, it will be time to determine what and where the future home of NDSU football is.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Damn, I wonder what percentage of folks on here saying that we could never make it in FBS were the same ones saying a DI move would never work back in the late 90's? Of course once the ball got rolling and they saw that this might actually work these same naysayers jumped on board the bandwagon. Nobody really has a good answer in how to fund an FBS move yet but to say we must stay FCS because things are comfortable is asinine and screams of the D2 mindset all over again. NDSU belongs in that 2nd tier of college athletics, the one that is commonly called the G5. Most of our peers have left FCS and moved up with JMU being the likely next one. As things change and the P5 continue to distance themselves from everyone else, we need to start preparing now for that opportunity so that when it comes we are ready. Thankfully ADML has done that to some extent by prioritizing getting our facilities up to the G5 standard. Once everything is complete, it will be time to determine what and where the future home of NDSU football is.
    Who are these peers? Georgia Southern and App St that we spent all of 10 years in the same subdivision with? Coastal Carolina? Liberty? Charlotte? Old Dominion? All those schools are 1000 miles away or more and share very little in common with NDSU. NDSU's peers are schools like SDSU and Montana St.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Who are these peers? Georgia Southern and App St that we spent all of 10 years in the same subdivision with? Coastal Carolina? Liberty? Charlotte? Old Dominion? All those schools are 1000 miles away or more and share very little in common with NDSU. NDSU's peers are schools like SDSU and Montana St.
    our peers are pussies. time to.rise above

El Chapo has a buddy! PUMP IT UP!

Forum needs to work on the headline... NDSU is Division I except football is in the FCS subdivision. Maybe Kolpack can set them straight.

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/lett...-to-Division-I

"I am told that the minimum seating capacity for a Div 1 team stadium is about 30,000 seats."

hey Rob, its actually 15,000, you're hurting my cause.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    El Chapo has a buddy! PUMP IT UP!

Forum needs to work on the headline... NDSU is Division I except football is in the FCS subdivision. Maybe Kolpack can set them straight.

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/lett...-to-Division-I
    I am told that the minimum seating capacity for a Div 1 team stadium is about 30,000 seats. If so, NDSU would have to have the Fargodome expanded or build another stadium to increase the capacity from the current 20,000. That's a relatively small order given the stakes.