Page 157 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 571071471551561571581591672072576571157 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Doing what he does best. All about the clicks. Lots of bitterness from WDAY vs FM media.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Just me or is McFeely taking a dig at Jorgenson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Interesting, I didn't get that vibe at all , plus what isn't factual.

Also I invite anyone that doesn't think the Fargo media treats NDSU athletics the kids gloves to listen to the Twin Cities media with regards to the Gophers.
    Jorgenson is not above criticism in my opinion. What does that have to do with the Gophers? Ski u mah is in a different situation. Jorgy can point to the scoreboard.

Jorgenson is not above criticism in my opinion. What does that have to do with the Gophers? Ski u mah is in a different situation. Jorgy can point to the scoreboard.

You missed my point... There are often comments on this board about Forum communications being hard on NDSU (McFeely specifically). I offer up the twin cities media as a comparison. If you read Ruesse or listen to Barreiro on KFAN (the home of the Gopher broadcasts) and their coverage of Minnesota athletics, I would argue NDSU gets very favorable coverage by the local media.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

You missed my point... There are often comments on this board about Forum communications being hard on NDSU (McFeely specifically). I offer up the twin cities media as a comparison. If you read Ruesse or listen to Barreiro on KFAN (the home of the Gopher broadcasts) and their coverage of Minnesota athletics, I would argue NDSU gets very favorable coverage by the local media.
    Sure I agree with you on the coverage disparity, but to be critical of what NDSU has done and is doing is simply a hot take. I am quite guilty of the armchair takes myself.

To be critical of what Minnesota has done and is doing... Possible room for improvement there.

That being said 1660 is homer radio similar to Paul Allen and the vikes- but Phil Hansen has pretty critical takes on game day. They have the best access and it’s a good format to hear the coaches- who really don’t need the reporters to hit them with the challenging question anyway.

Forum criticism has learned to play to what the fan base will accept before tuning out and provides decently balanced coverage.

Reusse is usually spot on and I like that he recognizes NDSU is continually superior to the Gopher team. Not afraid to call a spade a spade.

I avoid Barreiro.

Sure I agree with you on the coverage disparity, but to be critical of what NDSU has done and is doing is simply a hot take. I am quite guilty of the armchair takes myself.

To be critical of what Minnesota has done and is doing... Possible room for improvement there.

That being said 1660 is homer radio similar to Paul Allen and the vikes- but Phil Hansen has pretty critical takes on game day. They have the best access and it’s a good format to hear the coaches- who really don’t need the reporters to hit them with the challenging question anyway.

Forum criticism has learned to play to what the fan base will accept before tuning out and provides decently balanced coverage.

Reusse is usually spot on and I like that he recognizes NDSU is continually superior to the Gopher team. Not afraid to call a spade a spade.

I avoid Barreiro.

So you avoid the best talk show host in the entire area but love Reusse who peaked probably 15 years ago because he points out NDSU is more successful?

I avoid Barreiro.

Let me shift the focus a bit... How does the media in Fargo treat Dave Richman. In the twin cities he would be slaughtered.

Reusse, Barreiro and others were all ready cutting into Fleck before he hit town. Anyways I stand by my point, NDSU has a relatively friendly media market (even McFeely).
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Let me shift the focus a bit... How does the media in Fargo treat Dave Richman. In the twin cities he would be slaughtered.

Reusse, Barreiro and others were all ready cutting into Fleck before he hit town. Anyways I stand by my point, NDSU has a relatively friendly media market (even McFeely).
    Yes- friendly market overall. NDSU has valuable media content for the market and I think the fans will only accept so much criticism before tuning out.

If NDSU had hired outside for football there may have been more suspicion about the incoming coach.

Richman is getting a chance- fans come here to complain “privately” and even here the decorum is held to a pretty high standard via self policing and admin.

I have not been a fan of Richman, but would not be cool with a media person going after him much more than they have.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If things don't change drastically this year Richman needs to go.
    Yes- friendly market overall. NDSU has valuable media content for the market and I think the fans will only accept so much criticism before tuning out.

If NDSU had hired outside for football there may have been more suspicion about the incoming coach.

Richman is getting a chance- fans come here to complain “privately” and even here the decorum is held to a pretty high standard via self policing and admin.

I have not been a fan of Richman, but would not be cool with a media person going after him much more than they have.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I agree- my question is: if Fargo media goes after Richman hard, does the overall market tune in?

Fleck and his clown show are a bit of a unique situation. I don’t think Pitino the Younger came in for the same ridicule before he even started.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie