Page 148 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 48981381461471481491501581982486481148 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ok Naysayers, putting aside your OBVIOUS BIAS AGAINST GOING FBS..... Answer me this:

HOW BIG COULD NDSU GET? seriously, tell me, I'm all ears..

NDSU could be much bigger than where we are at now, if we took the Mountain West by storm , we'd make a huge story nationally on ESPN.
    Craig Thompson the commissioner graduated from the U of Minnesota, he would invite us if NDSU admin make a huge push persuading them!

Get into the MWC somehow, hell offer to pay travel vouchers, dominate that league for 4-5 years while building an on campus (practice fields) 45,000 seat stadium for $150 Million. Control all revenue from it, ads, sponsors, suites, etc. *pay fargodome for parking lots like we do now*
    Find 4 big sponsors for $1 million year for 25 years.

Lets do this!

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas; you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.[17]
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I wonder if this is something that could gain some traction and if it did, would it be the reason the P5 breaks away from the NCAA. He doesn't mention that in the article, but it would make for a good reason to just start their own association and create their own rules. I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start a new thread.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidri.../#63a616d11e9a

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I wonder if this is something that could gain some traction and if it did, would it be the reason the P5 breaks away from the NCAA. He doesn't mention that in the article, but it would make for a good reason to just start their own association and create their own rules. I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to start a new thread.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidri.../#63a616d11e9a
    Many school already have higher eligibility standards than the NCAA. When I was recruited they also had a different standard for athletes. So it looks like they are think of going back to that. Which I dont see as a problem because you still have to meet the NCAA rules of meeting certain levels of courses towards your degree-graduation.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Many school already have higher eligibility standards than the NCAA. When I was recruited they also had a different standard for athletes. So it looks like they are think of going back to that. Which I dont see as a problem because you still have to meet the NCAA rules of meeting certain levels of courses towards your degree-graduation.
    The two things I gathered from the article is: 1. Regardless if a school has a higher eligibility standard, the NCAA is still establishing the acceptance standard across the board. Especially with their newer academic redshirt track, the NCAA shouldn't have any say in who or how an institution accepts students and should only evaluate on the back end if they are meeting GPA requirements when they are eligible. 2. This kind of sounds like a guy like John Crockett, if he would have been a few years younger, would have had 4 years of eligibility with an academic redshirt year if NDSU could have had the freedom to admit him under their own standards and helped him catch up from within.

The author brings up a couple of good points with mainly saying the clearinghouse is a waste of time and money if you are allowing the academic redshirt year anyways. The onus is on the school and opening up the grade books would be a better measure rather than this redundant organization who is wasting time 99% of time when the 1% is being self-reported and managed by the schools themselves. If the system is corrupt, it will be corrupt and the clearinghouse isn't preventing it while having the emphasis on the backend would catch it faster.

I am just wondering if the schools themselves think this is another layer where they are sharing the pot with the NCAA and it is wasteful because it isn't all that effective over the course of a student/athletes college lifespan (it is effective over the long haul when there is institutional failure, but it is still slow), it sets the standard for all of them whether it is congruent with their academic goals or not, and is redundant with the compliance checks within the institutions. This guy is just writing an article about what he thinks about the current system. I don't think it is a manifesto for acceptance challenges by member institutions, but how much of this has been already considered by larger schools outside the Big 12? Is it just another limitation? Who needs who more? DOes the P5 schools need the NCAA or is it the other way around? Does there become a full blown game of chicken or is it already happening and these are the small volleys?

The two things I gathered from the article is: 1. Regardless if a school has a higher eligibility standard, the NCAA is still establishing the acceptance standard across the board. Especially with their newer academic redshirt track, the NCAA shouldn't have any say in who or how an institution accepts students and should only evaluate on the back end if they are meeting GPA requirements when they are eligible. 2. This kind of sounds like a guy like John Crockett, if he would have been a few years younger, would have had 4 years of eligibility with an academic redshirt year if NDSU could have had the freedom to admit him under their own standards and helped him catch up from within.

The author brings up a couple of good points with mainly saying the clearinghouse is a waste of time and money if you are allowing the academic redshirt year anyways. The onus is on the school and opening up the grade books would be a better measure rather than this redundant organization who is wasting time 99% of time when the 1% is being self-reported and managed by the schools themselves. If the system is corrupt, it will be corrupt and the clearinghouse isn't preventing it while having the emphasis on the backend would catch it faster.

I am just wondering if the schools themselves think this is another layer where they are sharing the pot with the NCAA and it is wasteful because it isn't all that effective over the course of a student/athletes college lifespan (it is effective over the long haul when there is institutional failure, but it is still slow), it sets the standard for all of them whether it is congruent with their academic goals or not, and is redundant with the compliance checks within the institutions. This guy is just writing an article about what he thinks about the current system. I don't think it is a manifesto for acceptance challenges by member institutions, but how much of this has been already considered by larger schools outside the Big 12? Is it just another limitation? Who needs who more? DOes the P5 schools need the NCAA or is it the other way around? Does there become a full blown game of chicken or is it already happening and these are the small volleys?
    The NCAA can set what ever standard they want. But if the recruit doesnt meet the schools standard they dont get accepted. Or am I misinterpreting your post?

I think the P5 needs the 2a so they dont have to come up with their own organization to administer them. May be further down the line if they truly break away completely then they will have deal with taking care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The NCAA can set what ever standard they want. But if the recruit doesnt meet the schools standard they dont get accepted. Or am I misinterpreting your post?

I think the P5 needs the 2a so they dont have to come up with their own organization to administer them. May be further down the line if they truly break away completely then they will have deal with taking care of themselves.
    If a recruit doesn't meet the ncaa standard a school can't accept him no matter what even though the ncaa now has the academic redshirt track for student/athletes who are in the non-qualified category. It ends up being that a school can't even take a recruit in and use that category if they don't meet the ncaa standards. It ends up being that regardless of the schools requirements for admission because the ncaa sets the standard. In the end, the school is on the hook anyways, so why administrate another level? That is what I am getting from the article. The schools should be able to take who they want and if they aren't meeting standards when they are playing, because the system will be transparent, the problem becomes automatically flagged immediately. Now the system is set up where the ncaa thinks they are being proactive but in reality wasting resources because the problems don't surface until months or years later because data isn't submitted until well after the fact.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If a recruit doesn't meet the ncaa standard a school can't accept him no matter what even though the ncaa now has the academic redshirt track for student/athletes who are in the non-qualified category. It ends up being that a school can't even take a recruit in and use that category if they don't meet the ncaa standards. It ends up being that regardless of the schools requirements for admission because the ncaa sets the standard. In the end, the school is on the hook anyways, so why administrate another level? That is what I am getting from the article. The schools should be able to take who they want and if they aren't meeting standards when they are playing, because the system will be transparent, the problem becomes automatically flagged immediately. Now the system is set up where the ncaa thinks they are being proactive but in reality wasting resources because the problems don't surface until months or years later because data isn't submitted until well after the fact.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    I see what you are saying. But if the NCAA standard is below the schools standard hes not going to school there. Thats all Im saying.

Complacency & Malaise has set in with NDSU football.

Winning 5 straight has become repetitive and fans are getting bored.

I see it on social media everyday. NDSU needs to recognize this & be proactive NOW

What do u people want 17 straight titles? The time is now for a full court press by ndsu admin
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Here we go, off to the Big 12! It's a jubilee year!!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Here we go, off to the Big 12! It's a jubilee year!!
    Im In. Call them Dean & MATT!! (they wont even call mountain west)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?