Page 145 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 45951351431441451461471551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Making a public announcement has two immediate impacts.

First of all, it invites the powers in Bismarck to crawl up the ass of the Administration with the intent to scrutinize and deny any extra funding the University might ask for. For ANYTHING. The reasoning? If you are that flush with cash, don't come knocking on our door.

The second effect is to further destabilize the Summit. Sort of like burning the lifeboats.

So yeah, a public announcement could hurt.
    Ding, ding.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Big 12

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    So lakes needs a messenger boy now? Why the hell can't he do it?
    I cant post, Freedom of Speech or something don't apply here
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Hey I'm just the messenger. Refer questions to el chapo.

IMO, it can't hurt to make a public announcement IF the school is interested. Maybe it could though idk

And a public announcement to whom? Only FBS conferences that have a semi close footprint are MWC, MAC, Big Ten. MWC likely has indicated strongly in conversations what intentions are. MAC we might as well stay FCS as we'll be just as irrelevant there as we are here, Big Ten - never. So all we do is irritate our conference mates in the MVFC/Summit league.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Well from what I hear from people on the forums... NDSU couldn't possibly get shafted any worse than they already do so seems like a no lose situation.
    First of all, don't believe everything you read or hear. Second, no matter how bad things seem, they can get infinitely worse (true of life in general). Third, very few "No lose" situations exist. You might remember the minor furor raised by the President's comment about AAU as a goal. Words mean something, especially when they come from the President of the University. I think that any specific comment from him about a move would indicate that a deal was already done. The reason for that is because, IMO, while the decision on a move CAN be made by the President, the authority probably isn't absolute and you don't open that discussion unless you have something real to decide.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2.3 million? Let's leave fantasyland for a second and look at the actual numbers. These were reported by the Coloradoan. I have no idea why the money is distributed the way it it, but best case scenario NDSU would receive less than a million for football. As of 2013, the conference was getting about 2 million/year in basketball, or a whopping $167,000/team. Best case scenario, NDSU would receive slightly over a million from the conference in basketball and football payouts combined.

Boise State: $1.6 million
    Nevada: $880,000
    San Diego State: $880,000
    Wyoming: $880,000
    Fresno State: $680,000
    Utah State: $680,000
    AirForce: $580,000
    UNLV: $380,000
    CSU: $80,000
    New Mexico: $80,000
    San Jose State: $80,000

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So now your lakes bitch?
    lakes gave me a negative rep ( only guy to give neg rep to me ) because I asked about his messenger boy. Of course he isn't allowed to post so that tells you everything you need to know about him. Pretty sad one is not allowed to post on his favorite college team's fan site.
    Last edited by pucknut9; 01-19-2016 at 12:17 AM.

lakes gave me a negative rep ( only guy to give neg rep me ) because I asked about his messenger boy. Of course he isn't allowed to post so that tells you everything you need to know about him. Pretty sad one is allowed to post on his favorite college team's fan site.
    Did they ban him on Gopherhole?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Did they ban him on Gopherhole?
    Green chicklets for you sir. Well played.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

lakes gave me a negative rep ( only guy to give neg rep to me ) because I asked about his messenger boy. Of course he isn't allowed to post so that tells you everything you need to know about him. Pretty sad one is allowed to post on his favorite college team's fan site.
    Scottie must have left him alone. Not doing your job there Hottie!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin