Page 135 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 35851251331341351361371451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The P5 already has broken off . Now the only question is who from the G5 drops out and will they entertain their own playoff.
    I always thought any "Shake-up" would really be more of a gradual progression. The post you quoted above makes me even more convinced that it will be GRADUAL and might not even happen. That $60 Million for the G5 is chump change. Heck, even the larger amounts for the P5 conferences isn't really all that much money. Consider that the B1G will probably distribute $25-30 Million to each school from their TV network (That's about $400 Million for the conference as a whole). The money is staggering and $60 Million to keep some cupcakes hanging around to beef up the W/L records doesn't seem like such a bad deal for the P5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They'll have to. With no chance for any P5 teams participating, the bowl sponsorships are going to dry up pretty quickly. I'd be surprised if any remain.
    Doesn't ESPN own a ton of the small bowls? It may take some time. They've got broadcast hours to fill and even a big playoff would constrain when they could air games. The whole bowl thing makes it easy for them to program because they can play the games more or less whenever they want.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So maybe if after everything falls into place and it appears we need to move up...maybe it will seem the same to peer institutions like Montana, SDSU, etc. Maybe then it would be time to form a new conference in FBS? This would only work if we could still keep our yearly deal with St Cloud St.*

*Now that this game has been mentioned I don't want to jeopardize it!
    Whats the deal? How many tickets do we get. Will they pay travel expenses. Will gameday be there? What about tailgating? Will they charge for it? How much? Where will the alumni tent be?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Doesn't ESPN own a ton of the small bowls? It may take some time. They've got broadcast hours to fill and even a big playoff would constrain when they could air games. The whole bowl thing makes it easy for them to program because they can play the games more or less whenever they want.
    This year, seven of the 35 college football bowl games played are owned and operated by ESPN Regional Television: the BBVA Compass Bowl, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl, Bell Helicopters Bowl, MAACO Bowl Las Vegas, Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas and Sheraton Hawai’i Bowl. Each of the seven bowls is broadcast on either ESPN or ESPN2.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

This year, seven of the 35 college football bowl games played are owned and operated by ESPN Regional Television: the BBVA Compass Bowl, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl, Bell Helicopters Bowl, MAACO Bowl Las Vegas, Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas and Sheraton Hawai’i Bowl. Each of the seven bowls is broadcast on either ESPN or ESPN2.
    Only 2 of those bowls, the New Mexico and Hawaii Bowls didn't have P5 schools in them. They still need the P5 to keep the system going to generate any interest.

Whats the deal? How many tickets do we get. Will they pay travel expenses. Will gameday be there? What about tailgating? Will they charge for it? How much? Where will the alumni tent be?
    I heard we have to go there twice with no return visits. The buyout is North Dakota has to cede the oil fields to Minnesota.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Visiting team ticket allotment. Carry on.
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs
    Just take it out of the student section...they never show up anyway. Purple
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Watching espnu this morning and Auburn is thinking cost of attendance for them will be around $6,000. This will ruin college athletics if it becomes that much. But NCAA has allowed the p5 to put college sports on a slippery slope.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Watching espnu this morning and Auburn is thinking cost of attendance for them will be around $6,000. This will ruin college athletics if it becomes that much. But NCAA has allowed the p5 to put college sports on a slippery slope.
    In 2013 the Auburn football team generated $75 million in revenue. Paying these athletes to got to school, guaranteeing them the opportunity to get an education and health care in the event they're injured generating that money for the institution and the people who run it is not going to ruin college athletics. It just may save college athletics from itself.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting read "The big 2015 Georgia Southern football guide: Could've moved up years ago"

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...chedule-roster