Page 1339 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 339839123912891329133713381339134013411349 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,390 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Not that this would happen but could NDSU if it had funding in place choose to opt into the highest level? Dellinger has stated that ANY d1 school could opt in.
    I'd expect a P4 conference invite would still be required, at least to feasibly put a schedule together.
    We won't have the cash to buy those home games like Liberty did, and P4 aren't likely to give us enough home and away games.

This is a move to lock the gates of upper tier football, and let them spend as many millions as they please on players.

The more interesting question is what happens with G5 now, and how do they restructure.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    P4 will take the major bowls with them, and the NY6 will be part of the playoffs.

The smaller bowls like Frisco may keep their G5 tie-ins.
    The more they expand the playoffs the more likely we'll see the end of the use of bowls or neutral sites. You won't see fans travel 3-4 weeks in enough numbers to see their team play. Add in the conference championship game for some of the teams and it could be as many as 5 straight neutral site games. Plus the bowl games are much more than just the games. Will those organizations invest their time, money, and energy for a quarter final week?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Preemptive? I’m not sure what’s preemptive about finally doing something only after you’ve lost in court and no doubt will only continue to lose in court until you compensate your employees for their work.
    What about the other 98% of college athletes who don’t generate any revenue? Should they have their scholarships revoked since many sports don’t generate enough revenue to even cover that cost?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The more they expand the playoffs the more likely we'll see the end of the use of bowls or neutral sites. You won't see fans travel 3-4 weeks in enough numbers to see their team play. Add in the conference championship game for some of the teams and it could be as many as 5 straight neutral site games. Plus the bowl games are much more than just the games. Will those organizations invest their time, money, and energy for a quarter final week?

I'm not sure how many of the G5 Bowls will survive. Some of those like Frisco bowl aren't always well attended.

I think nearly all the P4 ones do though, either as playoff games, or essentially holiday exhibitions. Those schools have huge fanbases that travel well, and its good for the cities and fills television slots.

Maybe we see 5-10 bowls disappear, but the vast majority stick around is my prediction. All about the television, travel, and money involved.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

G5 Bowls are largely junk.

Now a G5 playoff would be awesome.

I'm not sure how many of the G5 Bowls will survive. Some of those like Frisco bowl aren't always well attended.

I think nearly all the P4 ones do though, either as playoff games, or essentially holiday exhibitions. Those schools have huge fanbases that travel well, and its good for the cities and fills television slots.

Maybe we see 5-10 bowls disappear, but the vast majority stick around is my prediction. All about the television, travel, and money involved.
    Will the Rose Bowl be interested in hosting the 13th and 18th ranked teams (or 26th and 29th if they expand to 24 teams)? It won't have the same cache, especially since it will be happening around the time of playoff games getting all the hype.

The G5 bowls may still exist if they go that route but I don't know how successful they'll be. A similar number of fans may still travel to them but they likely have a smaller viewing audience and broadcast fees. There are some D2 conferences that play bowl games between teams that don't make the playoffs. The G5 could become similar, but I don't know if they would sustain them.

Will the Rose Bowl be interested in hosting the 13th and 18th ranked teams (or 26th and 29th if they expand to 24 teams)? It won't have the same cache, especially since it will be happening around the time of playoff games getting all the hype.

The G5 bowls may still exist if they go that route but I don't know how successful they'll be. A similar number of fans may still travel to them but they likely have a smaller viewing audience and broadcast fees. There are some D2 conferences that play bowl games between teams that don't make the playoffs. The G5 could become similar, but I don't know if they would sustain them.

Rose Bowl will BE one of the quarterfinal or semifinal playoff games every year, as will the other NY6 bowls.
    This is already worked out and agreed to. The major bowls are in no danger. They will be hosting the hype.

What happens to the smaller G5 bowls when the P4 and G5 split is a bit more up in the air.

Rose Bowl will BE one of the quarterfinal or semifinal playoff games every year, as will the other NY6 bowls.
    This is already worked out and agreed to. The major bowls are in no danger. They will be hosting the hype.

What happens to the smaller G5 bowls when the P4 and G5 split is a bit more up in the air.
    That will not be successful. 3-4 consecutive neutral site games will not be supported. Many fans already choose between either the conference championship game and a bowl game. Two fanbases now have to choose between 3 neutral and that may be the maximum. Plus the NY6 games being a quarterfinal greatly reduces everything else around them that generate revenue. They will need to go to hosted sites for round 1 and quarterfinals at least. If they stay neutral for semifinal, they'll put them up for bid like the championship game.

That will not be successful. 3-4 consecutive neutral site games will not be supported. Many fans already choose between either the conference championship game and a bowl game. Two fanbases now have to choose between 3 neutral and that may be the maximum. Plus the NY6 games being a quarterfinal greatly reduces everything else around them that generate revenue. They will need to go to hosted sites for round 1 and quarterfinals at least. If they stay neutral for semifinal, they'll put them up for bid like the championship game.

Yep. There is maybe a handful of teams with the requisite fanbases to routinely support such a team through several neutral site games.

I guess the alternative is local football fans buy up the remaining balance of tickets?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yep. There is maybe a handful of teams with the requisite fanbases to routinely support such a team through several neutral site games.

I guess the alternative is local football fans buy up the remaining balance of tickets?
    Yeah, probably somewhat similar to March Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*