Page 1323 of 1354 FirstFirst ... 323823122312731313132113221323132413251333 ... LastLast
Results 13,221 to 13,230 of 13534

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher24 View Post
    Im really curious how many more teams go FBS before NDSU.

I live here in Fargo. 10 years ago I thought no chance NDSU ever goes FBS. Now so many other teams have it seems like they're back to Division II again.
    Pretty sure SFA is a lockfor CUSA's 12th spot. That leaves EKU, Missouri State, Illinois State, and Tarleton as FCS schools that have expressed interest in FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Good question and I see your point
    I thought 8 would be better this year, fwiw, and a grad transfer is a little different imo, so good luck with maxbro
    Yeah. What the hell is up with 8?
    Also, will Goldy be looking to add some OL from the portal? A RB perhaps?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah. What the hell is up with 8?
    Also, will Goldy be looking to add some OL from the portal? A RB perhaps?
    Too much time to think about it after last year and no heat from below? No idea who they got behind him tbh

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Your reasoning isn’t rational no matter how much you explain it. The WAC isn’t any less of a group of misfits than the CUSA and the CUSA is already FBS. The NCAA isn’t going to just look the other way on the WAC moving to FBS. It would open them up to any FCS conference wanting to do the same. Even if they stand a chance of losing, they will fight it. The WAC/ASUN schools want no part of that legal battle. The cost benefit does add up for a G5 conference. NDSU would also have to pitch the WAC/ASUN on being include which is no easier of a sell than it currently is to CUSA. Also, all of this is a moot point if the NDSU leadership doesn’t make an aggressive play for inclusion. Which seems highly unlikely.
    The NCAA doesn't give a single damn about how many G5 teams or conferences there are, maybe some of the G5 leagues will but the powers that be don't.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The NCAA doesn't give a single damn about how many G5 teams or conferences there are, maybe some of the G5 leagues will but the powers that be don't.
    The NCAA is made up of its member schools. The P4 don’t want anymore mouths to feed. It’s why they’re increasing the requirements for FBS. They aren’t going to just let the WAC into their group without challenging it. NDSU had a path to CUSA if they wanted it. They thought they had better options.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The NCAA is made up of its member schools. The P4 don’t want anymore mouths to feed. It’s why they’re increasing the requirements for FBS. They aren’t going to just let the WAC into their group without challenging it. NDSU had a path to CUSA if they wanted it. They thought they had better options.
    On this we agree. It's also why the B1G schools (and others) are talking about a P4 splitoff. They want all the money for themselves.
    The more schools that join, the closer that day is.

The G5 will be paupers if this happens, and to a degree already are a much lower level. P4 earnings are 10x plus now.
    I think recent moves are really just trembles before the coming earthquake at D1 level.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Calling Montana teams.........anyone listening?
    They want to stay out west. Recruit and play out west. The only conference they would think of joining would be the mountain west which may not expand any further anytime soon ( and won’t exist, all going to PAC)

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Pretty sure SFA is a lockfor CUSA's 12th spot. That leaves EKU, Missouri State, Illinois State, and Tarleton as FCS schools that have expressed interest in FBS.
    It would have to be fairly appealing for the MVC teams to leave their superior BB conference to join an entire other league. MVC is one of the best BB conferences outside of the P5

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So there surely have to be schools trying to get into the ear of Cam and Cole, no? Baton down the hatches bros ...
    YES. WSU QB has 10 offers for $1 million each right now they said.

Cam & Cole will 1000% be offerred $100k-$250k at a FBS school and how do they turn that down? I just honestly hope that they work together (and with Entz) and if 1 goes, 1 stays at this point.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

A couple things:

Why would Buffalo want to leave the MAC to go to CUSA?? I haven't looked into it at all ...

I like something Entz said in his presser Monday, to paraphrase "Schools just want to get into the FBS anywhere with anticipation that over the next 10 years there will be more shakeup ..." within context talking about Delaware and why they would go to CUSA.

He also said the gap is widening between FBS and FCS which was refreshing to hear because all we have heard for years is how the top of the FCS is on the same level or better than most of the G5. This WAS true. It was a short 3-4 sentence answer to a question about Delaware moving up but I liked what he had to say.

Of course it means nothing in terms of moving up other than as we have known most on the inside know we should move up and will most likely take any opportunity to do so at this point, imo.