Page 1312 of 1352 FirstFirst ... 312812121212621302131013111312131313141322 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,120 of 13519

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/oregon-stat...134733816.html

A very interesting symbiotic relationship
    The way that looks you see that Gloria/MWC has the power position.

The agreement, expected to include a lucrative financial package for Mountain West members, is likely to feature a long-term commitment to the conference with an intent at a full merger beyond this two-year cycle. Part of the agreement includes a financial penalty that can be levied upon Oregon State and Washington State if the two programs attempt to acquire only a portion of MWC schools in the future.

Watching JMU pop on Pat McAfee this morning - NDSU missed the boat big time.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Watching JMU pop on Pat McAfee this morning - NDSU missed the boat big time.
    OMG this is SO DEPRESSING .. JMU and PAT is electric! to watch JMU get ranked in TOP 20 and we have regressed.

thanks MATT!!! every NDSU program would be ELEVATED if we went FBS instead they are all fading as we speak. basketball volleyball wrestling baseball track all of them including football.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    We are Venom
    I like your commish and she's also a big PAC fan
    This looks like a win-win for both parties

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hold on, there's a lawsuit right now on if the 10 leaving PAC teams get a vote after they announce they're leaving. If WSU and OSU sign an intent to join the MWC isn't that the same thing? It's now PAC-0?

WOW watch this JMU clip with Mcafee there now (espn gameday tomorrow)

https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1...397291280?s=20
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Hold on, there's a lawsuit right now on if the 10 leaving PAC teams get a vote after they announce they're leaving. If WSU and OSU sign an intent to join the MWC isn't that the same thing? It's now PAC-0?
    It seems like that is why they are going with the "scheduling alliance" angle rather than a formal merger. This allows them the 2 year grace period to try to resurrect the PAC conference rather than just abandoning it all together. May result in the same thing (a MWC/PAC merger) but they technically aren't leaving the PAC. Also, personally I think Karma's a bitch for all the other former PAC schools who left. They're going to get their money in the B1G and the Big 12 but in order to do so they are likely going to give up the 35-40 million that was coming from the PAC 12. To me just seems right.

There has been no announcement that OSU and WSU are leaving the Pac. I am not even sure the scheduling alliance will happen. I think the Pac2 will ride it out for 2 years with a goal of buying their way into a P4 conference with all the revenue they will be getting by maintaining their conference.

" ... is likely to feature a long-term commitment to the conference with an intent at a full merger beyond this two-year cycle ..." <-- Is that enough to claim they're departing like all the rest. I bet it's weasel-worded just right to be non-binding, thus no 'departure'. But it'd be hilarious if just days after the 2PAC wins the suit for full control they screw it up with this.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    " ... is likely to feature a long-term commitment to the conference with an intent at a full merger beyond this two-year cycle ..." <-- Is that enough to claim they're departing like all the rest. I bet it's weasel-worded just right to be non-binding, thus no 'departure'. But it'd be hilarious if just days after the 2PAC wins the suit for full control they screw it up with this.
    With the bumbling incompetence the PAC has shown at every step so far I'd be somewhat surprised if it didn't end up that way.