Page 1311 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 311811121112611301130913101311131213131321 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,110 of 13495

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    take away the top 6 members of the MWC and what do you see?

But I do like the idea of being in same conference as Cats and Grizz.
    Big Sky level teams….

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Why wouldn’t the top teams want to dump the bottom of the MWC??? WSU and OSU are far better than WY or Nevada. The bottom of the MWC should be in the big sky anyways. The top Big Sky teams would no doubt consider backfilling the MWC along with others in the CUSA. Question is if the PAC 2 has enough money to help buy outs???
    One thing people seem to miss is conferences don't want 12 Alabamas in their membership. This leads to very good teams going 4-6 or 5-5 in their conference schedule. They are good with a mix to a point. The MWC may be very happy with the bottom of their conference if they are adequate academic institutions, geographic sense for the level, appropriate budget, etc. The focus here is football, but maybe those other schools have great programs in other sports.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    One thing people seem to miss is conferences don't want 12 Alabamas in their membership. This leads to very good teams going 4-6 or 5-5 in their conference schedule. They are good with a mix to a point. The MWC may be very happy with the bottom of their conference if they are adequate academic institutions, geographic sense for the level, appropriate budget, etc. The focus here is football, but maybe those other schools have great programs in other sports.

Why were OSU and Wazzu not even considered for a power conference when absolute football stiffs like Colorado and Arizona received invitations?

What exactly would be the draw for schools to pay exit fees and join them?

Would the addition of several G5 schools make the Pac a P6 conference?

Where is the tv deal?

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Pac 2 to take their significant cash windfall and try to buy their way into the ACC or Big 12 then to pay exit fees for MW schools they could get for free with a merger?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Why were OSU and Wazzu not even considered for a power conference when absolute football stiffs like Colorado and Arizona received invitations?

What exactly would be the draw for schools to pay exit fees and join them?

Would the addition of several G5 schools make the Pac a P6 conference?

Where is the tv deal?

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Pac 2 to take their significant cash windfall and try to buy their way into the ACC or Big 12 then to pay exit fees for MW schools they could get for free with a merger?
    Don't see that working for OSU/WSU.

Stanford/SMU brought more prestige to the table (academics, Stanford Olympic program is a major feeder to US Olympics), plus big new markets that translates to a larger ongoing revenue stream. ACC network carriage fees go way up by having a presence in the Dallas market. Automatically occurs due to the contract with ACCN/ESPN and Cable Co's.

It wasn't simply that they agreed to join for "free", they also brought new/bigger revenue stream to the conference.
    OSU/WSU don't move the needle as much on the TV markets, its a big part of why they were left out to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Do you think Nevada and Wyoming want to lose Boise St on their schedules??? I think not

The only way I think they can poach is if they can convice the best of the AAC to merge with the best of MWC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Do you think Nevada and Wyoming want to lose Boise St on their schedules??? I think not
    Neither Wyoming or Boise are on my must have list.

https://sports.yahoo.com/oregon-stat...134733816.html

A very interesting symbiotic relationship

We are Venom

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    We are Venom
    If you're hungry for brains why are you at Bisonville?

C'mon, it was so easy it had to be said. :