Page 1308 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 308808120812581298130613071308130913101318 ... LastLast
Results 13,071 to 13,080 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Oh come on, you mean you don't like this look? LOL

Harvest helmets and maaaaaaaybe.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Harvest helmets and maaaaaaaybe.
    As long as they are all shaped like Rodgers ridiculous lollipop shaped helmet. Looks like Beebe's helmet just without the extra layer.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    As long as they are all shaped like Rodgers ridiculous lollipop shaped helmet. Looks like Beebe's helmet just without the extra layer.
    Safety first!!!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CFP is moving to a 5+7 model: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...+7-model-board

Effectively : the G5 conferences plus PAC will get one team in.
    I think they are presuming the PAC is dead, but this is bad news for all the G5 conferences if PAC rebuilds.

If WSU/OSU rebuild the PAC, they will have a strong chance of landing that bid.
    If WSU/OSU join the MWC, then MWC will have the edge for the G5 playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CFP is moving to a 5+7 model: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...+7-model-board

Effectively : the G5 conferences plus PAC will get one team in.
    I think they are presuming the PAC is dead, but this is bad news for all the G5 conferences if PAC rebuilds.

If WSU/OSU rebuild the PAC, they will have a strong chance of landing that bid.
    If WSU/OSU join the MWC, then MWC will have the edge for the G5 playoff spot.
    Do you have any guesses how the Wazzu/OSU thing will play out? I have no idea at all..It seems like they are determined to stay the Pac 2 for a couple years. I am not sure how that will work.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Do you have any guesses how the Wazzu/OSU thing will play out? I have no idea at all..It seems like they are determined to stay the Pac 2 for a couple years. I am not sure how that will work.
    Best case is they merge with the MWC in some fashion and continue as G5 programs. Very real chance their arrogance of trying to pretend they're still P5 turns them into total irrelevance like UMass or drop even further like Idaho. Their finances are a total basketcase.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Best case is they merge with the MWC in some fashion and continue as G5 programs. Very real chance their arrogance of trying to pretend they're still P5 turns them into total irrelevance like UMass or drop even further like Idaho. Their finances are a total basketcase.
    Arizona’s finances are a mess, too…talking about cutting sports or privatizing athletics…

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I don't know what will happen but if they do join up with the MW they will be flush with cash from this year's revenue distribution. Maybe 40 million bucks or so each. No MW school will have that sort of bread coming in. I believe they fully understand that they will not be a P5 conference going forward. They are far from finacial basket cases. However, they will have to adjust to the same tv revenue the mountain west schools get now. There are a bunch of G5 schools doing just fine with what they have. They will be alright.

Unrelated to the discussion, but on the FSU-Miami game, the announcer just relayed that FSU coach Mike Norvell has 112 recruits in attendance today. That seems crazy high to me.

We went to the FSU-Duke game a couple weeks ago and I gotta be honest, I was a little let down by the atmosphere. I'm not an FSU fan, but was expecting an elite atmosphere, and it wasn't what I expected.

FSU is a great experience.

JMU #19. & 10-0.

COULD BE NDSU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?