Page 13 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

My take on this whole topic is this. If we have a sound plan and all our ducks in a row in regards to conference affiliation, funding, stadium, title IX, etc, then sure I'm all for moving to FBS. But moving just for the sake of being FBS without any sound plan is dumb. This isn't like playing NCAA Football dynasty mode on XBox or Playstation where you control some crappy MAC or SunBelt team and after having one awesome year you get invited to he Big12, SEC, etc.

Until then let's just enjoy our awesome teams and support them while they continue to kick everybody's ass.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Not true. The State would be responsible for maintenance.
    We own it, we maintain it. How many millions are we behind on campus buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I would love to see skarpoll lee Carlson kelsch faces when NDSU starts a $100 million PRIVATE FOOTBALL STADIUM DRIVE. Nothing they could do to stop and if they did NDSU fans should have a bison walk at the Capitol
    This is pretty naive. Remember each session when we go to Bismarck to beg for money? I do.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We own it, we maintain it. How many millions are we behind on campus buildings?

This is pretty naive. Remember each session when we go to Bismarck to beg for money? I do.
    There is no reality there, we beg for money every session, it wouldn't fly.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Not true. The State would be responsible for maintenance.
    I would love to see skarpoll lee Carlson kelsch faces when NDSU starts a $100 million PRIVATE FOOTBALL STADIUM DRIVE. Nothing they could do to stop and if they did NDSU fans should have a bison walk at the Capitol
    Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    There is no reality there, we beg for money every session, it wouldn't fly.
    Precisely. See the thread discussing funding.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I guess my reasoning would be that if we jump now, we're stuck with whatever conference we're tied to. If we wait, who knows what doors will open up. Now granted I understand all of the conference re-alignment that's going on, but with a wait and see approach, I feel NDSU controls its destiny a little more.
    I agree with this. There will be a home for the Bison after the shake up. I think Boise State moves up with a couple other G5 schools into the P5 to fill out the Big 12 and such, and then there will be a reset in the G5 conferences to make them competitive and relevant. They will develop their own playoff system and it will look very much like today's FCS.

That's the sprit! You fly out to the conference offices, you wine them and dine them and show them a 10 minute presentation of what we've accomplished the fanbase that travels and new basketball arena and dome lit up. Sell them Fargo and the #1 economy in the USA. NORTH DAKOTA. Sales people!!

SDBISON you are also correct, the average joe in Jamestown would love to go see the bison play, but they can't buy a ticket and they won't pay $75-100/ticket. We are missing out on growing the product.
    FSN would help.
    Step 1: wine 'em
    Step 2: dine 'em
    Step 3: sixty-nine 'em
    Step 4: profit

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    We keep calling until they accept us because we're the mighty Bison, who the F*#@ are you!
    If el chumpo was on the phone that would be his arrogant answer.
    This is all mute until there is a conference invite. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still don't see the P5 splitting away from the NCAA. They already have autonomy and will make their own rules. And it's just a matter whether or not the rest can follow. They still need to schedule G5 games to fill out their schedule. So I don't understand the let's see what the P5 does before we doing anything logic. I definitely don't buy the theory that the upper FCS and G5 would combine to have their playoff system. To me that's a pipedream also.

I'm against, and I side with many arguments in this thread. I know people here disagree, but I'm with NDSUstudent on the MWC. They are a huge jump up in football and basketball as a WHOLE. Much better programs and much more supported than our MVFC and Summit mates.

I would love for NDSU to be FBS... But logically, without a conference invite or $$$, we are stuck where we are. And I'm OK with that. For now at least...

This conversation is old.
    Here is a fresh idea. We get the teams and fans of the teams we beat down, to build the stadium so we will leave

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This conversation is old.
    Here is a fresh idea. We get the teams and fans of the teams we beat down, to build the stadium so we will leave
    Treasurer - John Stiegelmeier