Page 1298 of 1357 FirstFirst ... 2987981198124812881296129712981299130013081348 ... LastLast
Results 12,971 to 12,980 of 13561

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Like Chaves says, strength in staying together. Going as a group makes for more stable, predictable budgets.
    oh of course he will BEG for that. what a sad pathetic place of delusion up there.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Massey, today, top nine of each:

63 Liberty/SDSU 57
    75 WKU/S Ill 79
    92 Jacksonville St/NDSU 93
    125 Louisiana Tech/USD 118
    141 MTSU/UNI 120
    143 New Mexico St/UND 129
    152 Florida Intl/YSU 157
    153 Sam Houston St/MoiSt 160
    154 UTEP/IllSt 165
    How about the bottom nine? The top 29.4% of each conference? The middle 90%? Take our best team and multiply their score by 5 and then divide by CUSA’s worst?

Or just objectively compare them head to head without needlessly manipulating data.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    How about the bottom nine? ... Or just objectively compare them head to head without needlessly manipulating data.
    I did pick the bottom nine of CUSA.
    CUSA has ... nine, so I picked nine.

Objectively?
    The numbers are Massey ratings.
    The "/" denotes nothing but a separator in a side-by-side comparison.

I did pick the bottom nine of CUSA.
    CUSA has ... nine, so I picked nine.

Objectively?
    The numbers are Massey ratings.
    The "/" denotes nothing but a separator in a side-by-side comparison.
    Taking three teams out of one conference because it helps one’s argument is the opposite of objective.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Taking three teams out of one conference because it helps one’s argument is the opposite of objective.
    Nope. The facts are the top MVFC teams are better than the top CUSA teams.

This vaunted JSU team is now Sagarin #123, and the MTSU team they beat is #129. That’s like UND beating Incarnate Word, only UND is better than JSU.

For FBS, it’s the bottom conference and absolute garbage. It would be a decent FCS conference.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 10-05-2023 at 09:47 PM.

I guess we’re either forgetting or ignoring that Sagarin conference ratings are a central mean?

top and bottom teams get less weight in the average. For a 9 team league it would be 123454321.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Some will bitch because it's not a move directly to a P5 conference.
    I think only two Dakota schools that should move up. Und and USD bring nothing to the table
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I guess we’re either forgetting or ignoring that Sagarin conference ratings are a central mean?

top and bottom teams get less weight in the average. For a 9 team league it would be 123454321.
    I mean we’re just making stuff up here to shoehorn into a narrative so why care about how the ratings are made?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Nope. The facts are the top MVFC teams are better than the top CUSA teams.

This vaunted JSU team is now Sagarin #123, and the MTSU team they beat is #129. That’s like UND beating Incarnate Word, only UND is better than JSU.

For FBS, it’s the bottom conference and absolute garbage. It would be a decent FCS conference.
    I mean obviously you have something against CUSA. Yes, it’s the worst G5 conference of all time. You still have to remove the worst teams from the best FCS conference to bring their average up to TRY to make the argument that it is better. Tells a person all they need to know about the Valley and FCS.

If your point is that the two best teams in the valley are better than the two best teams in CUSA, why not just say that? I can agree with that because it’s probably true. The conference as a whole, however, no.

There was a time when the valley was rated as high or higher than the MW and MAC, Sun Belt, etc. I was fully on board then saying that the MVFC was better than those conferences because it probably was. That is no longer the case. The MVFC and most of FCS are way down from those high water mark years.
    *one day later*

BigHorns is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean obviously you have something against CUSA. Yes, it’s the worst G5 conference of all time. You still have to remove the worst teams from the best FCS conference to bring their average up to TRY to make the argument that it is better. Tells a person all they need to know about the Valley and FCS.

If your point is that the two best teams in the valley are better than the two best teams in CUSA, why not just say that? I can agree with that because it’s probably true. The conference as a whole, however, no.

There was a time when the valley was rated as high or higher than the MW and MAC, Sun Belt, etc. I was fully on board then saying that the MVFC was better than those conferences because it probably was. That is no longer the case. The MVFC and most of FCS are way down from those high water mark years.
    CUSA is flat out a FCS level conference. The competition is not good. The play is sloppy. I've watched some of those games and MVFC play is often better.

I think some people here are clinging onto it as a chance to move, and then move again later. First, its a false hope, CUSA won't be inviting us, they have a candidate pool in their own geography already. And yes, they would absolutely take SFA and Tarleton over us due to geography and school demographics. They also have no desire to expand right now, it would reduce their revenue per school. Second, we would not get a quick exit elsewhere, it might actually be harder to move to MWC in 3 years than if we stay put. Third, no team from that conference will get a sniff of the CFP ... they have 5 teams ranked Sagarin 130 or below. At best you are looking at low tier toilet bowls for postseason. Fourth, midweek games suck, and they have a whole month of those.

Beyond all of that ... the PAC/MWC fallout has not settled yet, and there could be real openings there within this next year. And even MAC is better and looks open to expansion. Why anyone would advocate for CUSA blows my mind. Its desperation to gain a label, instead of looking for the best long term home.