Page 129 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 29791191271281291301311391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

The big question is how much TV money will be available when the G5 are totally separate from the rest of college football. Will interest in the MAC, WAC, et al go down?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Everybody assumes that the P5 and the G5 are going to break away. I don't know if that is going to happen. Granted the rich are going to get richer. Here, is the breakdown for the College Football Playoff shares (This does not include any bowl shares from the 30 plus bowls):

SEC ... $87.5 million
    ACC ... $83.5 million
    B1G ... $60.0 million
    PAC ... $60.0 million
    B12......$58.0 million

MWC....$16 million
    AAC .... $12 million
    MAC.... $12 million
    CUSA.. $12 million
    SunB... $12 million

Of course, if this trend continues, there will only perhaps be 8 or 12 teams in the non G5 that could realistically compete for a shot at a major bowl (NY DAY 6) or shot at a playoff berth. But the G5 teams and conferences are still getting a hell of a lot more $ than they would if they moved down to FCS or if they formed a "new" second tier division.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The big question is how much TV money will be available when the G5 are totally separate from the rest of college football. Will interest in the MAC, WAC, et al go down?
    A very good question! No idea, but I suspect you are right that it may go down. There is a reason they call the other conferences the "Power 5".

BTW, the WAC is no more for football

Everybody assumes that the G5 will break from the P5. I don't think that is a given. Under the current system, the rich get richer, but the have nots are still getting more TV revenue than they would in the new second tier or the FCS. Each Sun Belt team received a $1 million for their share in the College Football Playoffs. It pales compared the SEC or other P5 teams. But is still better than the alternative.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2...rence-payouts/

Oregon journalist just tweeted Vernon Adams visiting Oregon this weekend

Ok I've asked my fox sports guy dom Jeff beth/jamal. Not 1 can answer my question.

Has Gene or Dean or New ad called the mountain west or MAC.

Answer is NO. And why the hell haven't they? Will someone answer me that. They should be flying to thier conference meetings. Show a 5 minute video of fanbase gameday frisco iowa state Kansas State roadtrips. Show them the huge tv shares and great economy here!!

Get it done $ but they won't even do the first sales call. Embarrassing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok I've asked my fox sports guy dom Jeff beth/jamal. Not 1 can answer my question.

Answer is NO. And why the hell haven't they? Will someone answer me that. They should be flying to thier conference meetings. Show a 5 minute video of fanbase gameday frisco iowa state Kansas State roadtrips. Show them the huge tv shares and great economy here!!

how about because it would cost a minimum of $100 million to do it? I think that money could be spent doing way more.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Yes Gene did. He confirmed so in an interview. So quit lying.

So a question to you. Lets say Gene ,Matt---who ever you want to pick has done EVERYTHING you say and they still say NO THANK YOU. What do you propose then?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 02-03-2015 at 12:23 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yes Gene did. He confirmed so in an interview. So quit lying.

So a question to you. Lets say Gene ,Matt---who ever you want to pick has done EVERYTHING you say and they still say NO THANK YOU. What do you propose then?
    Doesn't matter as we don't have the money to do so.... But hey pl meet you in Dallas at the Ferrari or lamborgini dealer maybe they will let us get some seat time.... I mean hey everyone wants to make moves we can't afford right

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Doesn't matter as we don't have the money to do so.... But hey pl meet you in Dallas at the Ferrari or lamborgini dealer maybe they will let us get some seat time.... I mean hey everyone wants to make moves we can't afford right
    I hear you. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is a huge barrier. Its not a one year thing. Its every year. There are plenty of other obstacles as well. But no need bringing those up as well.

Ive ridden in a Ferrari. Besides being over rated(imo) I still don't have the $$$$ to run with that crowd. I think there is a message their some where.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."