Page 1276 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2767761176122612661274127512761277127812861326 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,760 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Who are the power schools though? Oregon State and Washington State??? They need the MWC more than the MWC needs them at this point.
    Exactly. So they set up the conference like you say, get on solid ground, and then the first order of business will be to scrap relegation and take the top half of the MW to create their own conference.

The bottom half of the schools won’t pass a charter allowing that to happen and I don’t think the top half will pass a charter that doesn’t allow it to happen.

#1 out of about a dozen deal killers that I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Who are the power schools though? Oregon State and Washington State??? They need the MWC more than the MWC needs them at this point.
    Value-wise ... San Diego State by a wide margin.

Then Colorado State, then it's a mosh pit of Boise State, WasSU, OrSU, and maaaaaybe UNLV. After that? "Field."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Exactly. So they set up the conference like you say, get on solid ground, and then the first order of business will be to scrap relegation and take the top half of the MW to create their own conference.

The bottom half of the schools won’t pass a charter allowing that to happen and I don’t think the top half will pass a charter that doesn’t allow it to happen.

Well, today the top half of the WMC are stuck in the MWC, so let’s not pretend there aren’t incentives for them to agree to a deal with no downside compared to what they’ve got today.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well, today the top half of the WMC are stuck in the MWC, so let’s not pretend there aren’t incentives for them to agree to a deal with no downside compared to what they’ve got today.
    Um the downside is they go through with this, have a bad year and get stuck on the wrong side of the fence once the gate gets welded shut.

And I see exactly 0 presidents and ADs signing up for a fun new system where they get fired if their football team has a bad year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Wouldn't that still be a good thing from NDSU's POV??? It was always in NDSU's best interest to have the Pac raid the MWC so if this is what it takes so be it. I'd agree that the promotion/relegation is unlikely but I don't think it's as outlandish as you do. If it gives value to the Pac-2 and enough of the MWC to make it so they can use it as an excuse to combine while maintaining the Pac name and assets while avoiding the gargantuan MWC exit fees it leaves the same expansion opportunities for western based FCS schools into (what's left of) the MWC.

The idea is interesting, but I have trouble believeing that schools that won't schedule XDSU now will willing jump at the chance to get pounded by us and take their "big boy" spot away.

Call it what it really is in the end game: a "creative" way for the top half to try to duck out on MWC exit fees.

Um the downside is they go through with this, have a bad year and get stuck on the wrong side of the fence once the gate gets welded shut.

And I see exactly 0 presidents and ADs signing up for a fun new system where they get fired if their football team has a bad year.
    They’re on the wrong side of the fence and the gate is welded shut today. If they do nothing it stays that way.

Pretty sure the Presidents and ADs are already worried about getting fired if their football team has a bad year.

I have no illusions about this thing actually happening but these seem like insubstantial reasons for why it won’t work.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by ringthebells View Post
    The idea is interesting, but I have trouble believeing that schools that won't schedule XDSU now will willing jump at the chance to get pounded by us and take their "big boy" spot away.
    Well, they don’t have a big boy spot today and they need more teams to make this go but I’m far from convinced we’d be at the front of the line even in the remote chance that this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    How do you do travel budgeting a year in advance when you don't know where you're going?

And imagine the bad season that relegates SDSU(red) or ColoSt.
    Do you really need to know exactly where you are going in order to budget for the same travel that you do 6 other times a year?? Does destination change the cost like 10% maybe??

Well, then don't lose ... seriously though that is exactly why the system would draw eyeballs, each game actually means something and there is something very real on the line and not an invite to the Detroit Motor City Bowl.

It's funny how so many instantly say it's impossible when 1) it's not 2) all the bullshit shakeup and changes with conference realignment have shit on NCAA football in more ways than this "crazy idea" would. This idea is actually directly combatting the one thing all the realignment has done and that is create actual meaning and must-see entertainment vs 90% of games on Saturdays truly being meaningless in the big picture of the CFP.

Do I think it will get done, doubtful but it is plausible imo. Necessity is the mother of all invention, can't move forward staying with the status quo, more flies with honey or something like that