Page 1275 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2757751175122512651273127412751276127712851325 ... LastLast
Results 12,741 to 12,750 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

The concept sounds great to me and what a fantastic way to drive eyeballs and $$ for a media rights deal when at the moment the MWC has a set worth and the PAC2 are essentially worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go Chapo
    Multiple sources have told me the school's athletic department has made it known to the Mountain West, and perhaps other mid-major FBS leagues like the American Athletic Conference, that it would be interested in discussing membership if the opportunity arises.

FBS conferences have to invite potential members. NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen and President David Cook have said no FBS leagues have invited the school and it has not engaged in discussions with any conferences. McFeely quote

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Here you go Chapo
    mcfoolnuts isn't a reputable source

would the "champion" be eligible for the G5 CFP position?

Also when a team gets "relegated" wouldn't 75% of the players just leave thru the Portal instantly?
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 09-20-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The more I read about some proposed ideas for scheduling in the PAC/MWC relegation model the more I want this to happen. It truly is a great way to provide excitement and value to a core set of programs that have nothing but a middle tier bowl game to shoot for otherwise. Count me in.

From the little that was shared I do think the changing budget issue is almost a 100% deal breaker unless they can figure out a way soften that blow to one or two million or a way to average payments out over X years. But schools can't have 5-10m shift in budget year over year.

Late-season schedules would be flexible, allowing for on-the-fly matchups for maximum meaning and fan interest.

Dellenger wrote the schedule could include:

- a Bracket Buster Weekend in early to mid-November, where pairings are determined two weeks prior and are based off of current standings with the intent on arranging compelling, crossover matchups.

The entire season builds up to a crescendo of a final week that features three games:

- A Relegation Game between the sixth- and seventh-placed teams in the Pac-12. The loser is relegated to the Mountain West. The eighth-place finisher in the regular season is automatically relegated.

- A Promotion Game between the second- and third-placed teams in the Mountain West. The winner is promoted to the Pac-12. The regular-season champion of the Mountain West is automatically promoted to the Pac-12.

- The Pac-12 championship game, where the winner has a significant chance to advance to the newly expanded College Football Playoff.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 09-20-2023 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Now here would the the kind of opportunity that would be ideal for NDSU - a Pac-2/MWC merger that includes promotion/relegation and would likely require expansion: https://sports.yahoo.com/college-foo...l?guccounter=1

Note that this isn't just a random guy throwing ideas out there - this is a guy who is hearing from sources directly involved in the Pac-2/MWC talks that this is an idea that was floated. How serious it is being considered is anyone's guess. I can think of a whole slough of questions they'd have to answer to pull it off (many of which are addressed in the article) but it would be a unique and interesting narrative that would add excitement to both leagues and would make an ideal FBS landing spot for NDSU. Dellenger calls out NDSU and SDSU as "obvious expansion targets" in the article.
    Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The more I read about some proposed ideas for scheduling in the PAC/MWC relegation model the more I want this to happen. It truly is a great way to provide excitement an value to a core set of programs that have nothing but a middle tier bowl game to shoot for otherwise. Count me in.

From the little that was shared I do think the changing budget issue is almost a 100% deal breaker unless they can figure out a way soften that blow to one or two million or a way to average payments out over X years. But schools can't have 5-10m shift in budget year over year.
    There are ways to do this. Revenue sharing, parachute payments, etc. there are different models. Other places do this. It’s possible.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Never going to happen.
    Yeah, as much as I want it to happen - 100% agree.

Good f’n luck drawing up a charter that wouldn’t get ripped to shreds by the bigger schools. Power loves stability and status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    .... Power loves stability and status quo.
    How do you do travel budgeting a year in advance when you don't know where you're going?

And imagine the bad season that relegates SDSU(red) or ColoSt.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Good f’n luck drawing up a charter that wouldn’t get ripped to shreds by the bigger schools. Power loves stability and status quo.
    Who are the power schools though? Oregon State and Washington State??? They need the MWC more than the MWC needs them at this point.

Sounds awesome to me. But unlikely

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com