Page 127 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 27771171251261271281291371772276271127 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    That's why I oppose the wait and see strategy.

Yea I get why people are for it. And it'd make sense if things in the higher ups weren't moving so fast. But it's gotta be in ndsu's best interest to keep up and covering their own ass first and foremost.

those wait and see'ers would've never survived the Titanic.
    unless you count the ones that opted to book for the second crossing.......I apologize for the stupid drift.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Teams like uni play more than one FBS because they say they need the money. Don't know how many others do and won't say so.
    That was brought up at AGS by Bison4Life/Nodak4ever and you should have seen the epic backlash by our favorite UNI fan Clenz. According to him UNI is doing just fine money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    That was brought up at AGS by Bison4Life/Nodak4ever and you should have seen the epic backlash by our favorite UNI fan Clenz. According to him UNI is doing just fine money wise.
    Did they explain why the ex-Youngstown coach was crying about not feeding the players enough?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Question---since you want to move now where would we go? I have not seen any invitation to any conferences. Before you say we need to sell ourselves---You cant make conferences take you.
    And this is where you are 100% correct. The basis of my earlier argument was that we should at least have the feelers out there. I wasn't aware that they were already out there.

As it currently stands, we have no choice but to wait and hope for a conference invite. But, if the FBS games dry up and we should happen to receive a FBS conference invite, I am of the opinion we should do everything we can to make it happen. However, I really don't expect anything like this to happen anytime soon.

Either way, I will personally be comfortable with whatever happens. If we stay in the FCS with no FBS games, I would be disappointed, but would still be a fan and would still go to as many games as I currently do now. FCS football will still have exciting games to be played and I still contend the playoffs have a level of excitement that is hard to replicate in FBS. On the other hand, P5 games have their own level of excitement, unmatched exposure, and are very good for the program on many, many levels.

So I guess by default we are in the wait and see mode weather we like it or not.

Question---since you want to move now where would we go? I have not seen any invitation to any conferences. Before you say we need to sell ourselves---You cant make conferences take you.
    IDK, hopefully the guys in the higher ups are campaigning

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    And this is where you are 100% correct. The basis of my earlier argument was that we should at least have the feelers out there. I wasn't aware that they were already out there.

As it currently stands, we have no choice but to wait and hope for a conference invite. But, if the FBS games dry up and we should happen to receive a FBS conference invite, I am of the opinion we should do everything we can to make it happen. However, I really don't expect anything like this to happen anytime soon.

Either way, I will personally be comfortable with whatever happens. If we stay in the FCS with no FBS games, I would be disappointed, but would still be a fan and would still go to as many games as I currently do now. FCS football will still have exciting games to be played and I still contend the playoffs have a level of excitement that is hard to replicate in FBS. On the other hand, P5 games have their own level of excitement, unmatched exposure, and are very good for the program on many, many levels.

So I guess by default we are in the wait and see mode weather we like it or not.
    I think this is the nub. There isn't a G5 conference out there that wants to do anything until everything is done shaking out. We don't want to do anything until everything is done shaking out. Nothing can happen, well, until everything is done shaking out. If the P5s go 16 each, there will be a lot of movement. The MWC, AAC, and a couple of other conferences will get dissected. Heck, by sheer default, NDSU might be in discussions to make a larger jump if there was a state commitment simply because its a football school with new state of the art facilities for everything else and a Boise like draw out in the middle of no competition for 3 states. Instead of stupid nickname legislation, the state will call one of the big three back to introduce national legislation to introduce some stupid bill that makes it mandatory for every state to have an institution in the P5 by their choice, not the NCAAs. There is so many unknowns, no one wants to make a move.

Honestly, that's not too much of a hindrance. If NDSU felt they absolutely needed to go FBS, I have no doubt they could wrangle an invite within a couple/few months. They'd just need to pull a UCONN: Go to the MAC and buy an invite. Get a football-only invite to the MAC and agree to forgo all conference money for something like 5 to 10 years, and also pay some stupid-large entrance fee of a million or three. Then agree to part ways within 5 years. All the while staying in the Summit. It's ugly, but it gets your foot in the door. In principle, it's not all that different from the initial DI move; no invite? find another way to kick down the door until someone wants you.

That being said, it's something that should only be considered as a last resort. Just saying that the "no invite, no discussion argument" isn't really all that valid.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    IDK, hopefully the guys in the higher ups are campaigning
    So you dont know but regardless you want to move now?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 01-22-2015 at 06:33 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Honestly, that's not too much of a hindrance. If NDSU felt they absolutely needed to go FBS, I have no doubt they could wrangle an invite within a couple/few months. They'd just need to pull a UCONN: Go to the MAC and buy an invite. Get a football-only invite to the MAC and agree to forgo all conference money for something like 5 to 10 years, and also pay some stupid-large entrance fee of a million or three. Then agree to part ways within 5 years. All the while staying in the Summit. It's ugly, but it gets your foot in the door. In principle, it's not all that different from the initial DI move; no invite? find another way to kick down the door until someone wants you.

That being said, it's something that should only be considered as a last resort. Just saying that the "no invite, no discussion argument" isn't really all that valid.
    Of course you can. With enough money you can trick fuck anyone to get what you want. But you were the only person to present that scenario. Which of course you already know would get very ugly. Ive been waiting for the "we must move now" crowd to come up with a viable scenario. But when that question is asked it gets very silent. Of couse the operative word"viable" could be the main hindrance.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 01-22-2015 at 06:32 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Of course you can. With enough money you can trick fuck anyone to get what you want. But you were the only person to present that scenario. Which of course you already know would get very ugly. Ive been waiting for the "we must move now" crowd to come up with a viable scenario. But when that question is asked it gets very silent. Of couse the operative word"viable" could be the main hindrance.
    Well we could join the Big Sky, then we know for sure we will be FBS......it's set in stone

How's that for a viable option?

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant