Page 1266 of 1352 FirstFirst ... 2667661166121612561264126512661267126812761316 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,660 of 13514

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    There is lots of speculation that Delaware and SFA are going to go FBS soon and will likely join the other recent move ups in CUSA. The MWC or ASC are never going to add school directly from FCS. Are absolute and best opportunity is to grab SDSU and throw in on CUSA football only. If we can have a successful run in CUSA, we will get outr forever home invite. Obviously there is tons of risk and $$$ at stake, but what other choice do we have?
    Even though Delaware is on the fringes of CUSA territory, it is unlikely they will end up in CUSA.
    If you go look at the UD forum, all the fan chatter is about joining the MAC

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?t=29746

If CUSA adds, yes it would be from nearby schools like SFA, UCA, and Tarleton, though it looks like they want to "hold" for a while.

It is actually the MAC that appears open for business, not CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Even though Delaware is on the fringes of CUSA territory, it is unlikely they will end up in CUSA.

If CUSA adds, yes it would be from nearby schools like SFA, UCA, and Tarleton, though it looks like they want to "hold" for a while.

Fuck I’d take the MAC at this point.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CUSA would have jumped at NDSU in a heartbeat when they were looking to save their conference and I believe they would still be interested if NDSU showed interest. Their "footprint" isn't tight like the MAC. They aren't a bus league. They have "paired up" somewhat but their not all bussing. (i.e. NMSU/UTEP, SHSU/LA Tech, Jax St/Kennesaw) If NDSU/SDSU approached them they would likely seriously consider it. NDSU's media deal is more than the media deal share that CUSA members are getting. You pitch that as a negative but I see it as the path in. We have leverage because as you keep stating, the money needs to work. I see NDSU's media deal as proof that they can bring brand recognition to a conference desperately in need of some. NDSU wants a better situation than CUSA, the reality is there likely isn't going to be one. In order to get in, NDSU is going to have to take a risk and bet on themselves.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I would too but that is less likely than probably all of the G5 conferences except the Sun Belt.

Lol tarleton? Who the fuck is that bro
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    CUSA would have jumped at NDSU in a heartbeat when they were looking to save their conference and I believe they would still be interested if NDSU showed interest. Their "footprint" isn't tight like the MAC.
    I don't believe we were ever in serious consideration. Both CUSA and NDSU denied there were any discussions.

At one point CUSA cast a wide net to see who was available, but their footprint today is the same as it was before. Its a SouthEastern conference that covers Texas to Virginia. It's almost exactly the same territory as the Sun Belt, which is also considered regional.

https://conferenceusa.com/sports/202...embership.aspx

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2022/...w-members.aspx

If you look at a map, and see where the current gaps are, its obvious where they would add.

- Two more texas schools (they had 4 previously).
    - North Carolina
    - South Carolina
    - Mississippi

Kennesaw fit this strategy, and helped fill one gap on the map (Georgia)
    In time, they will add 2-4 more in the same region, and then split into East and West divisions like they had previously.

Despite the name, it's a very regional conference, and will remain so.

We would have had a better shot at the American, who has previously entertained westward expansion, but recently decided to refocus on staying in their footprint as well.

Aresco (AAC):
    we plan to focus any expansion efforts on schools that allow for sensible and sustainable competition and student-athlete well-being within our strong geographic footprint.
    "sensible" and "sustainable" are code words for reducing costs by staying regional.

That’s interesting I feel like the MAC has quietly sent the message they aren’t wanting to expand.

Maybe I’m way out of the loop. Any links to chatter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You could also turn that argument around and ask "why do tiny population states like ND and SD have multiple D1 football programs?"
    ++++++++++++

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take anything. I know some folks (me included) look down at CUSA, but I'd take that too. But I dont know how much longer NDSU is gonna be appealing to anyone. Fans are getting checked out for a variety of reasons.
    College of Business Alumnus

I'd have mixed feelings, but would accept it if our admin feels it is a good fit and can make it work.

My doubts are whether it can work financially for both us and the MAC.
    My fears are whether anyone would show up for a Wednesday night game vs Western Michigan or Ball State.

But, I recognize it is one of our few realistic pathways to FBS, so in the end would not complain.
    Marshall, UCF, and others got their start in the MAC. It has been good to some schools.

We would potentially be there a VERY long time, if the 20 year GoR rumor is true.
    This is why I'd want to see how the MWC shakes out first. There's still a 10-20% chance they rebuild the PAC.