Page 126 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 26761161241251261271281361762266261126 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Matt Larsen was on kfgo and talking about this. Below is the podcast link.
    He said we are talking around 3500 each student but schools choose.
    Don't have to pay all sports.

I see schools like uni having a tough time financially. If we begin to do this they might have to play 3 FBS schools

http://kfgo.com/podcasts/mike-mcfeel...en-01-21-2015/
    This would also be an institutional decision according to Matt, so there could be different situations in each conference based on what the individual schools do.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    This would also be an institutional decision according to Matt, so there could be different situations in each conference based on what the individual schools do.
    Correct. I can see NDSU stepping it up and doing this.
    Where will the other MVFC schools go with this? Don't know.
    To hear uni with their so broke they have to play multi FBS schools and youngstown talking about feeding their players only one meal, how will they come up with more money for this?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

[QUOTE=LITTLEGUYSINGREEN;976148]
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Never said that at all. I will always be a Bison fan, no matter the division. However, FBS games are a big deal to a great number of fans and usually generate more interest than a normal FCS game. I'm not saying that the program will dry up and die if we lose the FBS games, NDSU will be OK if we keep winning at the FCS level. But, I really feel that fan and media interest would suffer if we lose the FBS games. The program won't generate quite as much excitement as is currently does.
    [QUOTE=56BISON73;976150]
    Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post

How could NDSU generate anymore excitement than it does now? You really cant if you are realistic. If some fans lose interest because of no FBS game I would question them being a real fan. And I usually wouldnt do that.
    Well, like it or not, some fans may lose interest if we lose the FBS games. But, if you look at my bolded I never mentioned fans losing interest, just the level of excitement for the program may go down.

I'll give you an example, how many Bison fans travel to any regular season away game? With the exception of SDSU, not many. But, how many fans travel to our away FBS games? Thousands, and if more tickets were available it would be many more thousands. The FBS games generate way more fan interest than any other regular season game and draw way more media interest than any other game we play all season, including playoffs and national championships. Don't kid yourself, recruits are very aware of the opponents we play and playing (and winning) these games is a feather in our hat when it comes to recruiting. Playing FBS games provides nothing but good for our program and losing these games would have a negative impact on the program. It may not be a huge blow for the program, but a blow still the same. Many fans, including myself, would much rather drive to Ames to see us play ISU than drive to Missoula to see us play Montana, even if Mont. is the better program.

[QUOTE=LITTLEGUYSINGREEN;976158][QUOTE=LITTLEGUYSINGREEN;976148]

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Well, like it or not, some fans may lose interest if we lose the FBS games. But, if you look at my bolded I never mentioned fans losing interest, just the level of excitement for the program may go down.

I'll give you an example, how many Bison fans travel to any regular season away game? With the exception of SDSU, not many. But, how many fans travel to our away FBS games? Thousands, and if more tickets were available it would be many more thousands. The FBS games generate way more fan interest than any other regular season game and draw way more media interest than any other game we play all season, including playoffs and national championships. Don't kid yourself, recruits are very aware of the opponents we play and playing (and winning) these games is a feather in our hat when it comes to recruiting. Playing FBS games provides nothing but good for our program and losing these games would have a negative impact on the program. It may not be a huge blow for the program, but a blow still the same. Many fans, including myself, would much rather drive to Ames to see us play ISU than drive to Missoula to see us play Montana, even if Mont. is the better program.
    I am not saying I dont like the FBS games. I am also not saying that they dont have an impact. If we lose them we lose them but the sky wont fall down. I think without an FBS game we might get more people to the away games. I think thats part of the allure is the travel and a different location. Not saying the locations are exotic by any means.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

PL, how many fcs programs do you think will be hurt financially if fbs no longer decides to pay them the hefty 6 figure game checks.

I wonder how much revenue is generated for poorly attended home games for a fair share amount of teams. ..relying on that pay check and no longer getting it will be killer.

NDSU will be fine since the support is there.
    Some of these other teams. ..I don't know. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    PL, how many fcs programs do you think will be hurt financially if fbs no longer decides to pay them the hefty 6 figure game checks.

I wonder how much revenue is generated for poorly attended home games for a fair share amount of teams. ..relying on that pay check and no longer getting it will be killer.

Bet it would kill USD, they don't even pay all their coaches do they? Hell it will hurt lots of teams in the Power Conferences of FCS

I think you will see lots of teams go bye bye...and UNI would be banded at Farley's nuts also
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Teams like uni play more than one FBS because they say they need the money. Don't know how many others do and won't say so.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Bet it would kill USD, they don't even pay all their coaches do they? Hell it will hurt lots of teams in the Power Conferences of FCS

I think you will see lots of teams go bye bye...and UNI would be banded at Farley's nuts also
    That's why I oppose the wait and see strategy.

Yea I get why people are for it. And it'd make sense if things in the higher ups weren't moving so fast. But it's gotta be in ndsu's best interest to keep up and covering their own ass first and foremost.

those wait and see'ers would've never survived the Titanic.

I am sure some will get hurt. Those that rely on the game will have to change their business model-funding sources. If they dont adapt they fall to the level they can afford.

Thats why this is going to take time to settle out.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That's why I oppose the wait and see strategy.

Yea I get why people are for it. And it'd make sense if things in the higher ups weren't moving so fast. But it's gotta be in ndsu's best interest to keep up and covering their own ass first and foremost.

those wait and see'ers would've never survived the Titanic.
    Question---since you want to move now where would we go? I have not seen any invitation to any conferences. Before you say we need to sell ourselves---You cant make conferences take you.