Page 1243 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 24374311431193123312411242124312441245125312931343 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,430 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Your dream scenario would be amazing if it could happen. It would certainly shock FBS if PAC rebuilt with FCS schools.

From Notre Dame AD comments, it looks like Cal and Stanford will be added to ACC, and PAC will die. Most unfortunate if this happens.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...118071613?s=20
    I've seen SMU to the ACC too. The big selling point for all three to the conference is partial to no payouts. I've seen Stanford/Cal would be getting around a 1/3 or 1/4 payout for a while SMU is willing to take NO TV deal payouts for up to 7 years.

Theses additions would trigger the ESPN TV deal to pay pro rata for the new members, and with each of the newcomers taking way less or no money, the extra ~$75 mil would get divided up between current members. The top of the ACC has been clamoring for football performance and viewership to drive revenue distribution and I would bet a good chunk of the extra money would go towards some incentive program.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I've seen SMU to the ACC too. The big selling point for all three to the conference is partial to no payouts. I've seen Stanford/Cal would be getting around a 1/3 or 1/4 payout for a while SMU is willing to take NO TV deal payouts for up to 7 years.

Theses additions would trigger the ESPN TV deal to pay pro rata for the new members, and with each of the newcomers taking way less or no money, the extra ~$75 mil would get divided up between current members. The top of the ACC has been clamoring for football performance and viewership to drive revenue distribution and I would bet a good chunk of the extra money would go towards some incentive program.
    At some point it just seems wild to me. SMU admitting it’s so desperate and that it brings nothing to the conference that it won’t take any TV money? Doesn’t that set off alarm bells that “maybe you’re too good for her bro?” lol

Lot of teams signing up for a forever contract without getting paid what they should. Not going to end well. At the end of the day it’s in the conference’s best interest to allow its programs to have a chance to be successful.

If I was a president/AD I would call that bluff in a second. You’re there to compete on an equal playing field or you’ll find somewhere else to do it. Hell no to being a second class citizen in your own conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Your dream scenario would be amazing if it could happen. It would certainly shock FBS if PAC rebuilt with FCS schools.

From Notre Dame AD comments, it looks like Cal and Stanford will be added to ACC, and PAC will die. Most unfortunate if this happens.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...118071613?s=20
    I still argue that there is no reason (in my fantasy world) that the PAC couldn't try to survive using my scenario above. More realistic is that WSU and OSU will join the MWC

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    At some point it just seems wild to me. SMU admitting it’s so desperate and that it brings nothing to the conference that it won’t take any TV money? Doesn’t that set off alarm bells that “maybe you’re too good for her bro?” lol

Lot of teams signing up for a forever contract without getting paid what they should. Not going to end well. At the end of the day it’s in the conference’s best interest to allow its programs to have a chance to be successful.

If I was a president/AD I would call that bluff in a second. You’re there to compete on an equal playing field or you’ll find somewhere else to do it. Hell no to being a second class citizen in your own conference.
    NDSU could EASILY do this with the MWC or AAC as well.

NDSU could say "hey let us join, but we keep our LOCAL TV setup and only take 50% of your TV money"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU could EASILY do this with the MWC or AAC as well.

NDSU could say "hey let us join, but we keep our LOCAL TV setup and only take 50% of your TV money"
    You're asking for a Boise St style deal, and its unlikely we have the leverage to do that. MWC doesn't like it, it helps Boise.

It works for SMU because they bring the Dallas media market to ACC, which greatly improves the ACC network payout by many millions.
    And ... they agreed to take no payout, not even a local broadcast. They are providing all their media rights for FREE. They get nothing.
    On top of that they have the academic prestige ACC wants.

SMU can do this because they have HUGE piles of cash ($2 billion) to play with, and are thinking 10 years down the road. Same situation with Stanford looking at taking a reduced payout.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

That’s great, just don’t expect Clemson and FSU to be there when you arrive.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I still argue that there is no reason (in my fantasy world) that the PAC couldn't try to survive using my scenario above. More realistic is that WSU and OSU will join the MWC
    You are correct that it could be viable. The problem is those schools would view associating themselves with FCS schools as catastrophic. All 4 have been doing everything they can to keep the P5 status/label, and will only accept G5 membership as a last resort. That's why you see Cal and Stanford going all out on ACC. They even hired people like ex-president George Bush, etc to lobby for them.

If Cal/Stan can't get invited to ACC or Big12, then there is a chance the PAC 4 attempt to rebuild rather than join a G5. That would create the best cascade scenario/openings for us.

Well, if the MWC or AAC don't work out, I think I'm finally on board for Conference USA for football only. They just have to do something or they're going to lose the little of the momentum that is left. Bohl used to cite the quote of either being green and growing or ripe and dying. The program is no longer growing.

The competition isn't much of an upgrade from the Valley really but it would be FBS and might open the door to P4 money games. They would then be positioned well if the P4 end up completely breaking off to be at the FBS playoff level, which would really be where they belong.

I'm watching UTEP and Jack State now and it looks like JSU has a pretty cool setup (and I think they're still working on it).

As a fan would have some different road trips and matchups at least.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Pretty good article about the OSU/Wazzu situation.

Still a lot of stuff to be decided.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...und-labor-day/

You are correct that it could be viable. The problem is those schools would view associating themselves with FCS schools as catastrophic. All 4 have been doing everything they can to keep the P5 status/label, and will only accept G5 membership as a last resort. That's why you see Cal and Stanford going all out on ACC. They even hired people like ex-president George Bush, etc to lobby for them.

If Cal/Stan can't get invited to ACC or Big12, then there is a chance the PAC 4 attempt to rebuild rather than join a G5. That would create the best cascade scenario/openings for us.
    Chapo, gather your harem of grandma's and get on this!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk