Page 1229 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 22972911291179121912271228122912301231123912791329 ... LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,290 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Perhaps. I just don't get why a few want to harp on the non-realistic options now when the door may be opening for a good path.
    Its been pretty clear, and reported what the conferences/conditions we need for a move are. I'm good with it.

Now, just have to see how this all plays out.
    This was never going to happen fast enough to please everyone. We don't control the timing.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Perhaps. I just don't get why a few want to harp on the non-realistic options now when the door may be opening for a good path.
    Its been pretty clear, and reported what the conferences/conditions we need for a move are. I'm good with it.

Now, just have to see how this all plays out.
    This was never going to happen fast enough to please everyone. We don't control the timing.
    You may end up right and you may end up wrong. Waiting for a better path is subjective. If I have harped previously it was on the fact that there seemed to be absolutely no acknowledgement from NDSU that there was growing apathetic fan sentiment. In my opinion, they have at least acknowledged that and seem to be making a more proactive effort to explore their options. I may wish personally for them to push more aggressively but I also understand that it may not matter so I am not sweating that stuff right now. I'm ok with the fact that I believe they are trying. Personally, I also get frustrated with the sentiment from you and others that CUSA is this significant step down from the MVFC. Comparing just the football side between the two, there would be pros and cons to both. CUSA would be short term pain for potential long term gain (if you believe we could parlay it into something better down the road). MVFC would be short term gain for potential long term pain (if you believe that the fan apathy continues). There is no easy answer here but I do lean towards the thinking that our time to sit back and wait is over and we need to be a bit more aggressive (not desperate) in our pursuit. You feel a bit different than me. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You may end up right and you may end up wrong. Waiting for a better path is subjective. If I have harped previously it was on the fact that there seemed to be absolutely no acknowledgement from NDSU that there was growing apathetic fan sentiment. In my opinion, they have at least acknowledged that and seem to be making a more proactive effort to explore their options. I may wish personally for them to push more aggressively but I also understand that it may not matter so I am not sweating that stuff right now. I'm ok with the fact that I believe they are trying. Personally, I also get frustrated with the sentiment from you and others that CUSA is this significant step down from the MVFC. Comparing just the football side between the two, there would be pros and cons to both. CUSA would be short term pain for potential long term gain (if you believe we could parlay it into something better down the road). MVFC would be short term gain for potential long term pain (if you believe that the fan apathy continues). There is no easy answer here but I do lean towards the thinking that our time to sit back and wait is over and we need to be a bit more aggressive (not desperate) in our pursuit. You feel a bit different than me. So be it.
    Sums up my stance very well. And a lot of fans I know in my generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

none of the above...wyoming fan

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's hard to believe people still look at CUSA as a good thing. That would have been an absolute disaster.
    Less than half our media deal.
    Massively increased travel costs.
    Leaving ALL our rivals behind, which hurts attendance.
    Laughing stock conference that everyone is trying to get out of.
    0% chance at a CFP berth due to crappy SOS.

But hey, you can brag to your bar friends that we're FBS in name only. I guess there's that.
    Ever notice that the rumors about MWC adds don't include ANY of the CUSA adds but do include Dakotas and Montanas? This idea that you need to be any FBS to be a decent FBS is total crap.

Taper.

dude. the longer we stay fcs, the longer we get sucked into the vortex and remain in NCC 2.0 or worse yet. add murray state, st thomas freakin lindenwood, etc...

the FATIGUE is upon us, started 2 years ago and last year reared its ugly head completely. staying put takes ndsu trajectory only 1 way. many of us have the vision..... and wanted this in 2014 and 2017

AAC or MWC
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Hoping for stars to align is not a plan. Same ol' back-footed, "see how things shake out" approach to FBS as always. What we've always needed, and have always lacked, is a will to go to FBS come hell or high water because we belong there. And have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C to get there. And then go after each plan one by one until we are in FBS. This has never been our mentality.
    We have an aging fanbase that likes the FCS, the MVFC and Frisco....that is part of the problem and it makes things very comfortable for our administration. Our fanbase has warped views on how good the FCS and MVFC are. Some treat the MVFC like it is the SEC when it is really just a collection of basketball schools that somewhat care about football while the FCS is mostly schools that don't even really care at all or don't have the resources to even try to do anything more than just have a football team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

what ends all this FBS/FCS bullcrap is my manifesto....all D1 football...no varsity and jr varsity...you win...you win it all

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    It's hard to believe people still look at CUSA as a good thing. That would have been an absolute disaster.
    Less than half our media deal.
    Massively increased travel costs.
    Leaving ALL our rivals behind, which hurts attendance.
    Laughing stock conference that everyone is trying to get out of.
    0% chance at a CFP berth due to crappy SOS.

But hey, you can brag to your bar friends that we're FBS in name only. I guess there's that.
    Ever notice that the rumors about MWC adds don't include ANY of the CUSA adds but do include Dakotas and Montanas? This idea that you need to be any FBS to be a decent FBS is total crap.
    It’s hard to believe that some deny that NDSU doesn’t belong in the FCS. WIU left the MVFC/Summit because NDSU raised the bar for budgets especially for football and the other 3 Dakotas are chasing them. We spend like a G5 school. We don’t belong here and it’s not good for anyone. Not for NDSU and not for the rest of the FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    It’s hard to believe that some deny that NDSU doesn’t belong in the FCS. WIU left the MVFC/Summit because NDSU raised the bar for budgets especially for football and the other 3 Dakotas are chasing them. We spend like a G5 school. We don’t belong here and it’s not good for anyone. Not for NDSU and not for the rest of the FCS.
    +++++++++++++++++++

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk