Page 1226 of 1361 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612241225122612271228123612761326 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,260 of 13601

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

wouldn't be surprised with everything und has done academically and athletically in the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So you're saying Cook doesn't want FBS? Doesn't really matter what the AD thinks then, does it, despite all the heat he takes here?
    I think he's open to it, but it's not a priority. He has a number of other things on his plate right now that are more pressing and more important--I know that's not a popular thing to say here. I think he'd consider it if the opportunity were there, but I don't think it's something he's actively pursuing. I think Bresciani was pretty much a "no". And yes--the AD is doing what the president wants. Both DB and Cook have shown their willingness to fire people who don't do what they want, so the fact that ML still has a job is telling.

Another thing that struck me ... When MM interviewed Aresco, the AAC commish said "we don't talk about schools that are interested in us, and who we might be interested in too"

You suppose he got that just from Entz's media quote? He sure as hell didn't get it from Bisonville (sorry lakes). Would seem to suggest some communication had occurred

Side note but I wish tony would block the und bots. He can block me too if he wants, to make it fair, even though I always use facts instead of bs

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I think he's open to it, but it's not a priority. He has a number of other things on his plate right now that are more pressing and more important--I know that's not a popular thing to say here. I think he'd consider it if the opportunity were there, but I don't think it's something he's actively pursuing. I think Bresciani was pretty much a "no". And yes--the AD is doing what the president wants. Both DB and Cook have shown their willingness to fire people who don't do what they want, so the fact that ML still has a job is telling.
    gee no kidding

what did entz say about the aac ?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    what did entz say about the aac ?
    That we will be there when UND goes D2 soon.

return of the ncc 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Doesn't it come down to what a school can bring to a conference in regards to media rights. If the MWC is getting $4 million per school today, NDSU has to have at least that value. What does NDSU generate today with their media package(s)? $1.5-2 million range. As a result from a pure media exposure standpoint NDSU is not a viable option.

Take Stanford and Cal. Why did they get left behind? Not competition or alumni support. But they don't have the media value. Oregon State and Washington State, same issue.
    Yes and no.

A conference will generally only add schools that raise the media values for everyone if they are in a stable situation.

If they are backfilling lost members and feel they "need" new members for survival, they will take the best available. Best can sometimes be defined differently by different members/schools. Some may look at media value, others the academic side, travel can be a factor, etc.

The idea that we can force our way in is dumb, we do need the right opening in a conference that wants us.

there is a reason why the Big10 only takes AAU schools (99.9% of the time...nebraska).....and it aint always because of media markets

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    there is a reason why the Big10 only takes AAU schools (99.9% of the time...nebraska).....and it aint always because of media markets
    There is also a reason Big10 hasn't added CaliStan, and it has nothing to do with academics.