Page 1215 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 21571511151165120512131214121512161217122512651315 ... LastLast
Results 12,141 to 12,150 of 13495

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    So $4.5M per school.
    I wonder if that covers the interest on Cal's FB renovations annual mortgage payment ($18M).
    Well... if the MW pays 4 million per school and its further dilluted... beggers cant be choosers.

Also the 50 million the conference owes Comcast will be taken from the $420 million revenue due to the conference this year. That leaves 370 million split amongst 4 schools. Almost 100 milliom each

They made their own mess. Unless the Big 10 or 12 save them, which is unlikely. They may need to set a budget amd make that money go far

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well... if the MW pays 4 million per school and its further dilluted... beggers cant be choosers.

Also the 50 million the conference owes Comcast will be taken from the $420 million revenue due to the conference this year. That leaves 370 million split amongst 4 schools. Almost 100 milliom each
    What don't you understand about this? The last year of payments is split 12 ways, not 4.

Reading some speculation that some in the MWC might team up to get enough votes to dissolve or waive the exit fees....then leave to the PAC. This could leave Nevada and a few others stuck alone.

No idea if this is likely, but the XDSUs and Montana Schools could fit nicely with Wyoming, Nevada, and a couple more.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

The lack of an exit fee was the undoing.
    It was the reason behind the schools leaving for sure. But I don't think it kills the conference. Maybe weakens it into a G5 but their is still too much money on the table by G5 standards. They get 18 millon a year in basketball credits split between the remaining teams. That itself will incentivse them to keep the conference going until that falls off the books. They will get that money after the MW deal expires. To a Conference USA school who only gets 750k a year from their TV deal, I guarantee the PAC 4 can do better if they can get up to 8.

Also they should be able to at the very least secure a mediocre TV deal on par with the MW if they can add 4 teams.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Reading some speculation that some in the MWC might team up to get enough votes to dissolve or waive the exit fees....then leave to the PAC. This could leave Nevada and a few others stuck alone.

No idea if this is likely, but the XDSUs and Montana Schools could fit nicely with Wyoming, Nevada, and a couple more.
    I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I'd take that in a heartbeat.
    Me too, but it could be a long shot, I have no idea how the MW schools look at things, but I would think a number of them would want to be in a PAC with OSU and WSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    MWC by-laws only require simple majority vote to eliminate buy-outs or dissolve.
    If motion on either of those came to vote, and I were Wyo or UNM, I'd be worried.

MWC by-laws only require simple majority vote to eliminate buy-outs or dissolve.
    If motion on either of those came to vote, and I were Wyo or UNM, I'd be worried.
    Interesting, I agree with you. I wasn't sure it only required simple majority. That could increase chances of something still happening here that would open a move for NDSU.

Seems like all the activity on Friday could still either be a very good thing or a very bad thing for the MWC. In any case, if a spot opens up for NDSU in the MWC it seems very likely that the conference will look completely different than it does today. Although that's probably an ideal scenario for NDSU IMO because it means potential for multiple regional partners to make the move with them which will be crucial for the non-revenue sports.

SDSU, Montana, Montana St, Idaho, and Missouri St would all be viable FBS candidates IMO - one or all of those first 3 going with NDSU would be as good of an opportunity as they could hope for but there would be plenty of scenarios for MWC east and northward expansion should the PAC pull out the undertaker gif and figure out a way to raid the MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    What don't you understand about this? The last year of payments is split 12 ways, not 4.
    I thought the Pac 12 was withholding payments for the 2023-2024 season? If not, nothing really changes other than Cal will be more fucked