Page 120 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So the catalyst to moving up is the thought of us not being able to schedule a FBS team in the future?
    honestly I dont know how long a lot of FCS teams will survive long without an FBS paycheck, do you have any idea?

selfishly, I hate reading those comments by Klieman. Theyre really disturbing. FBS games, to me, are the pinnacle of the season, especially up against a P5 school. Going to Montana is fine and dandy...but thats after this year who knows when the next match up will be scheduled. EWU does nothing. The "payback" factor is over..its been 5 years. Going out to roos field vs 6000 opposing fans is boring as fuck.

If NDSU can somehow save its own ass, not worry about move up partners, and find a way into ANY G5 conference, start playing P5's on regularly..and even hosting some of those games...is where Id love to see this program be.

Losing the FBS games would be a major blow to the program

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Once we are in the FBS, we have the chance to possibly schedule 2 for 1s with P5 schools.
    oh man. even if, ever, NDSU has the opportunity to host a bottom feeding P5 team...itd be the biggest home game in school history

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    oh man. even if, ever, NDSU has the opportunity to host a bottom feeding P5 team...itd be the biggest home game in school history
    If you add "regular season" to that statement, I would tend to agree.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

honestly I dont know how long a lot of FCS teams will survive long without an FBS paycheck, do you have any idea?
    I think the very fact you see schools scheduling multiple FBS paychecks a year at the expense of missing the playoffs is proof enough it will be a killer for some.

I think the NCAA will have to step in and figure out a way to make the playoffs more profitable, like everyone is seeded and higher seed always hosts, unless they can maximize return by ceding hosting, with schools splitting playoff revenue rather than paying the NCAA. At least that softens the blow.

I can't think of any other way. The NCAA can't make schools schedule FCS. That doesn't make any sense. There are enough FBS programs that need the money. It would make much more sense to make them take care of their own level first.

The valley should be positioning themselves as one conference for all sports, first of all. Then they should positioning themselves as the next G5 conference as a whole. Someone should be in Bristol figuring out how they are going to help. That is a better solution then one of the crappy conferences out there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think the very fact you see schools scheduling multiple FBS paychecks a year at the expense of missing the playoffs is proof enough it will be a killer for some.

I think the NCAA will have to step in and figure out a way to make the playoffs more profitable, like everyone is seeded and higher seed always hosts, unless they can maximize return by ceding hosting, with schools splitting playoff revenue rather than paying the NCAA. At least that softens the blow.

I can't think of any other way. The NCAA can't make schools schedule FCS. That doesn't make any sense. There are enough FBS programs that need the money. It would make much more sense to make them take care of their own level first.

The valley should be positioning themselves as one conference for all sports, first of all. Then they should positioning themselves as the next G5 conference as a whole. Someone should be in Bristol figuring out how they are going to help. That is a better solution then one of the crappy conferences out there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    This is still the Valley we're talkin about...over half of the teams can barely sell out half of their games. ISUB, Mo St, USD, WIU, SIU(?) ISUR(?)

Its a basketball conference far and away. NDSU needs to be using its cash cow and finding a way to cash in with it, which happens to be the sport that rakes in billions for the NCAA.

Yeayea, new basketball arena to compete (sort of) with other valley teams...its still all about football. Id hope NDSU is looking around and covering their own rear first before planning on making a G5 move with the Valley.

just my .02

selfishly, I hate reading those comments by Klieman. Theyre really disturbing. FBS games, to me, are the pinnacle of the season, especially up against a P5 school. Going to Montana is fine and dandy...but thats after this year who knows when the next match up will be scheduled. EWU does nothing. The "payback" factor is over..its been 5 years. Going out to roos field vs 6000 opposing fans is boring as fuck.

If NDSU can somehow save its own ass, not worry about move up partners, and find a way into ANY G5 conference, start playing P5's on regularly..and even hosting some of those games...is where Id love to see this program be.

Losing the FBS games would be a major blow to the program
    So when you go to an away game you seem to be more concerned with fan base attendance than you do the game itself. Good thing is---you dont have to go.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Host???? How old are you? Dont know if you have enough years left in your life span.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

This is still the Valley we're talkin about...over half of the teams can barely sell out half of their games. ISUB, Mo St, USD, WIU, SIU(?) ISUR(?)

Its a basketball conference far and away. NDSU needs to be using its cash cow and finding a way to cash in with it, which happens to be the sport that rakes in billions for the NCAA.

Yeayea, new basketball arena to compete (sort of) with other valley teams...its still all about football. Id hope NDSU is looking around and covering their own rear first before planning on making a G5 move with the Valley.

just my .02
    I think we need to focus on basketball. Given the fact we are in a winnable conference we have a chance to make the big dance on a regular basis. Once we do that we will become more of a household name just by being on the bracket. Win a few games on a regular basis and it will make the entire program more appealing, for a move up including football

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So the catalyst to moving up is the thought of us not being able to schedule a FBS team in the future?

Yes, PL, I really believe that if we can't schedule any more FBS games in the future, the program will be stuck in mediocrity and fan support and interest in the program will become stagnant. Like it or not, the FBS wins are what put us on the map, not only in the football world, but with our own fan base as well. The FBS games have generated an excitement and interest about the program that FCS games just can't replicate. Even though the playoff and championship games are exciting as hell, the FBS games are the catalyst that drives the engine.

Think about when this program really took off. Was it when we won multiple national titles in the 60's, 70's, and 80's? No. It was big and there was a buzz in the air about Bison football, but it wasn't near the level it is now. Was it when we started to play FCS football? No. This program took off when we played and nearly beat the Gophers in 2006. That game put us on the football world map and generated an excitement about Bison football that had never been seen before, even bigger than the national championships of the 80's.

There is an old saying in business, which I am sure you are very familiar with. "If you are not moving forward, you are moving backwards." I look at a move to FBS in this light. The FBS games are the games that move this program forward. Not to say that FCS games aren't fun and exciting, but they no longer move the program forward.

So when you go to an away game you seem to be more concerned with fan base attendance than you do the game itself. Good thing is---you dont have to go.
    Can you answer my question?