Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

And when they say NO what then?
    Email them "or else"

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Any bowl game is viewed by more people than fcs title game, every bowl game gets a whole day dedicated to it.......fcs title game on espn 2 waiting for St. John's vs villinova basketball game to get done does not.

Haven't all of you seen frisco enough now? Time to broaden your travels.

NDSU should be selling these conferences and asking them if they would add NDSU. NOT SIT AND WAIT!
    I've been to both Boise (Idaho Famous Potato Bowl) and Frisco three times. Where I'd rather spend a mid winter's weekend is not a hard choice.

ARTHUR: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God
    with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the
    night he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail.
    GUARD: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen...
    Uh, he's already got one, you see?
    ARTHUR: What?
    GALAHAD: He says they've already got one!
    ARTHUR: Are you sure he's got one?
    GUARD: Oh, yes, it's very nice-a [To Other Guards] I told him we already got one.
    OTHER GUARDS: [Laughing]
    ARTHUR: Well, um, can we come up and have a look?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Lakes these conferences need to want to add a school first and then they need to add have interest in NDSU. That is when you sell, otherwise you just look desperate and will probably just scare people away. The best thing to do is just control what you can control and that is keep on winning and keep on building up our program.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Lakes these conferences need to want to add a school first and then they need to add have interest in NDSU. That is when you sell, otherwise you just look desperate and will probably just scare people away. The best thing to do is just control what you can control and that is keep on winning and keep on building up our program.
    Hard to build up the program when seating is locked at 19,000 and turning away 5,000 plus for most home games. In addition, just having ND Network for TV does not grow the product all that much. Getting regional TV coverage would be a big deal. A good portion of the fans going to FBS games and Frisco the past 3 years are not from ND.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    We keep calling until they accept us because we're the mighty Bison, who the F*#@ are you!
    That's the sprit! You fly out to the conference offices, you wine them and dine them and show them a 10 minute presentation of what we've accomplished the fanbase that travels and new basketball arena and dome lit up. Sell them Fargo and the #1 economy in the USA. NORTH DAKOTA. Sales people!!

SDBISON you are also correct, the average joe in Jamestown would love to go see the bison play, but they can't buy a ticket and they won't pay $75-100/ticket. We are missing out on growing the product.
    FSN would help.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Hard to build up the program when seating is locked at 19,000 and turning away 5,000 plus for most home games. In addition, just having ND Network for TV does not grow the product all that much. Getting regional TV coverage would be a big deal. A good portion of the fans going to FBS games and Frisco the past 3 years are not from ND.
    Well I would argue that those are things that need to be built up.

Ohio St. tickets average sale price on the secondary market is over $260 bucks. Their stadium must not be big enough either. Killing the program.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Getting regional TV coverage would be a big deal. A good portion of the fans going to FBS games and Frisco the past 3 years are not from ND.
    This here is much more important than the tactics of which conference you're in. Look at all the fans in the Twin Cities and the hoops they have to jump through to watch the game. How many people that are either casual fans or just folks that like to watch football are willing to go through all the ESPN3-Xbox-kinescope-webcam monkey business to watch most games? Either that or have to drive the kids to sensers and watch what you drink?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    SDBISON you are also correct, the average joe in Jamestown would love to go see the bison play, but they can't buy a ticket and they won't pay $75-100/ticket. We are missing out on growing the product.
    FSN would help.
    If only we could get someone else to pay for a new stadium that we could play in for free all of our problems would be solved.

VanClubPres is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trolls are getting fat on all the fresh feeding today...
    To the Herd!!!!