Page 1181 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 18168110811131117111791180118111821183119112311281 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,810 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    It is interesting with how much basketball talking he does he’s talking about Sac State and UCD lol.
    The MW rarely has the best G5 football presence but they do put multiple schools in the NCAA's. However, the addition of Sac State or Davis would not be done to improve football or basketball.

Location location location...

If it’s true that Colorado asked the PAC commissioner for the latest media deal numbers and got told that there are none on the table, Sic is right.
    Another outfit is reporting that the best offer on the table is for about half what the B12 deal is, with only one game a week on network tv. If that’s the case, Sic is right.
    Scary, not the scenarios, but me potentially making a good prediction.

Dealing from strength right now? B1G, BXII
    Dealing from weakness right now? PAC*, SDSUred

UU has to really feel jammed: finally get to hob-knob with Cali-Stan but best (only?) option is BXII.
    And MWC is just waiting for the fog of war to clear to see what shot they do or do not have.

*closest to "strength" of that group are CU and AU; reports are those are BXII 'prime' targets, pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The MW rarely has the best G5 football presence but they do put multiple schools in the NCAA's. However, the addition of Sac State or Davis would not be done to improve football or basketball.

Location location location...
    Oh I get it, I’m just saying for all that “NDSU doesn’t check the basketball box” talk, go check out the basketball facilities at UCD and Sac lol

Makes the Bison Sports Arena (our old arena) look great in comparison. Yikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Scary, not the scenarios, but me potentially making a good prediction.

Dealing from strength right now? B1G, BXII
    Dealing from weakness right now? PAC*, SDSUred

UU has to really feel jammed: finally get to hob-knob with Cali-Stan but best (only?) option is BXII.
    And MWC is just waiting for the fog of war to clear to see what shot they do or do not have.

*closest to "strength" of that group are CU and AU; reports are those are BXII 'prime' targets, pun intended
    Yep, and the ultimate point is that the only thing holding any school in the PAC right now is that the other conferences aren’t actively expanding. I would guess that any school in the PAC is saying yes to the B10 now, and the majority are probably saying yes to the B12.

Colorado leaving and at least another big brand school to follow is not going to help the PAC get their media deal done. And it was already looking like a bad media deal.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Oh I get it, I’m just saying for all that “NDSU doesn’t check the basketball box” talk, go check out the basketball facilities at UCD and Sac lol

Makes the Bison Sports Arena (our old arena) look great in comparison. Yikes!
    I don't recall saying that NDSU doesn't check the basketball box. I am sure your basketball is fine. I have been in the the basketball arenas at Sac State and Davis. They are not impressive. However, as I said they would not be added for football or basketball..They would be added because they are in the neighborhood.

What I see is NDSU has two positives. Fine academics and an excellent FCS football program. You also have two things that may not be appealing enough to have MW presidents want to add you. Fargo is far away and not a large market. There are a lot of factors that go into adding schools to any conference.

Does that mean you are a no go? I would say not but I don't have a say.

Watch Buffalos trample the PAC in Prime time.
    CU Regents meeting is at 4 Central.

(Not sure if streamed, maybe: https://cu.new.swagit.com/views/92/ )

I don't recall saying that NDSU doesn't check the basketball box. I am sure your basketball is fine. I have been in the the basketball arenas at Sac State and Davis. They are not impressive. However, as I said they would not be added for football or basketball..They would be added because they are in the neighborhood.

What I see is NDSU has two positives. Fine academics and an excellent FCS football program. You also have two things that may not be appealing enough to have MW presidents want to add you. Fargo is far away and not a large market. There are a lot of factors that go into adding schools to any conference.

Does that mean you are a no go? I would say not but I don't have a say.
    I know I’m just giving you grief since I have the chance

I’m curious, any talk in the Nevada sphere about enough dominoes falling for a PAC invite? Or what’s the scuttlebutt around your neck of the woods?
    *one day later*

I know I’m just giving you grief since I have the chance

I’m curious, any talk in the Nevada sphere about enough dominoes falling for a PAC invite? Or what’s the scuttlebutt around your neck of the woods?
    I would not say Nevada is in the mix for the Pac at all. Maybe if some sort of merger occurred. One of the things that may keep the MW from being gutted is the cost to leave. 17 to 34 million is a lotta scratch to have to pay to go to a fairly unstable Pac ?

I would not say Nevada is in the mix for the Pac at all. Maybe if some sort of merger occurred. One of the things that may keep the MW from being gutted is the cost to leave. 17 to 34 million is a lotta scratch to have to pay to go to a fairly unstable Pac ?
    If it got to that point, could a majority vote to change the exit clawback? Or is it more difficult than that?
    *one day later*

If it got to that point, could a majority vote to change the exit clawback? Or is it more difficult than that?
    That would seem to be the question. I believe they could vote to change the bylaws...but...if you announce you are leaving, you no longer have a vote..Catch 22.