Page 1175 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 17567510751125116511731174117511761177118512251275 ... LastLast
Results 11,741 to 11,750 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buthockey View Post
    Can you skate eh?
    I don't like your profile pic.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I don't like your profile pic.
    Then you’re part of the problem.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Then you’re part of the problem.
    Oh how great it would be to come to Fargo halfway through October to watch NDSU take on Duluth, Mankato, St Cloud, etc on a Friday night at Scheels arena, go catch a Saturday football game, and then head right back to Scheels for the night cap.

Sounds glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Oh how great it would be to come to Fargo halfway through October to watch NDSU take on Duluth, Mankato, St Cloud, etc on a Friday night at Scheels arena, go catch a Saturday football game, and then head right back to Scheels for the night cap.

Sounds glorious.
    id rather piss out my ass........
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    id rather piss out my ass........
    I knew you didn't want NDSU to take that next level step up in athletics.

Ross Dellenger
    @RossDellenger
    ·
    26m
    The Mountain West has informed San Diego State that the school will remain a member, sources tell
    @YahooSports

The school will be responsible for covering fees that the conference expensed over legal work during a letter exchange with SDSU about its possible withdrawal.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Ross Dellenger
    @RossDellenger
    ·
    26m
    The Mountain West has informed San Diego State that the school will remain a member, sources tell
    @YahooSports

The school will be responsible for covering fees that the conference expensed over legal work during a letter exchange with SDSU about its possible withdrawal.
    Seems smart.

If SDSU announces next month they are leaving for PAC in 24, they would theoretically owe 34m now.
    My guess is maybe it all plays out in 2025 though. Everything depends on PAC media deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Seems smart.

If SDSU announces next month they are leaving for PAC in 24, they would theoretically owe 34m now.
    My guess is maybe it all plays out in 2025 though. Everything depends on PAC media deal.
    SDSU is unlikely to pay a 34 million dollar exit fee. Even if they were to receive an invitation from the Pac or the Big 12 they wouldn't leave until after the 25 season..Same goes for all the MW members. The deadline to leave after 24 has passed. It also sounds like the Pac may be getting a sufficient deal to remain at 10. I don't see any expansion in the interim but the MW will probably enter various negotiations with providers for the next deal in 25 after the current one expires in 26. I don't know how this plays out for NDSU but it certainly doesn't appear that anything will be done quickly.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    SDSU is unlikely to pay a 34 million dollar exit fee. Even if they were to receive an invitation from the Pac or the Big 12 they wouldn't leave until after the 25 season..Same goes for all the MW members. The deadline to leave after 24 has passed. It also sounds like the Pac may be getting a sufficient deal to remain at 10. I don't see any expansion in the interim but the MW will probably enter various negotiations with providers for the next deal in 25 after the current one expires in 26. I don't know how this plays out for NDSU but it certainly doesn't appear that anything will be done quickly.
    The whole situation still feels very fluid to me.

If the money is low, and Colorado decides to leave, that adds a new wrinkle. Outside of that, if the PAC needs SDSU for their media deal, they will be added. If the per school payout is higher without them, they likely won't.

So the question is - would adding SDSU raise or lower the average payout per school? That is the determining factor.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The whole situation still feels very fluid to me.

If the money is low, and Colorado decides to leave, that adds a new wrinkle. Outside of that, if the PAC needs SDSU for their media deal, they will be added. If the per school payout is higher without them, they likely won't.

So the question is - would adding SDSU raise or lower the average payout per school? That is the determining factor.
    I don't know whether SDSU would increase the value or not. It was supposed to be SDSU and SMU and that could have made a difference. However, if any MW school wants to leave they would be on the hook for 34 million to leave in 24 and 17 million to leave in 25 provided they give notice by June 30 2024. If Colorado leaves the Pac they can still add SMU. I, personally, don't think the PAC will lose any schools though they will probably sign a fairly short term deal..Maybe 5 years..At any rate this all delays any expansion by the MW for a few years, if then.