Page 1173 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 17367310731123116311711172117311741175118312231273 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,730 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Yep, and that’s the standard way this is done. Lots of reasons to not make it public until it’s a done deal. Third party messengers also let them side step FOIA type requests.

San Diego St to the PAC is the exception, not the rule, and it created a huge mess for them with all the letters and parsing of whether they are actually leaving or staying. Normally nothing is said until you have a deal to move. Just creates headaches if it doesn’t work out with conference mates and the fanbase.
    Nevada and Fresno were invited and accepted over the course of a day or so. Of, course they had already been vetted as potential expansion targets much longer. I do believe that NDSU has been vetted for quite a while as a potential expansion candidate by all the G5 conferences. However, vetting and getting are two different things.

Fans rarely, if ever know, when the moment will come until it happens.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Yep, and that’s the standard way this is done. Lots of reasons to not make it public until it’s a done deal. Third party messengers also let them side step FOIA type requests.

San Diego St to the PAC is the exception, not the rule, and it created a huge mess for them with all the letters and parsing of whether they are actually leaving or staying. Normally nothing is said until you have a deal to move. Just creates headaches if it doesn’t work out with conference mates and the fanbase.
    There are many opportunities for the parties involved to have casual conversations about this. I've volunteered at enough NCAA basketball tournaments to see these conversations happening at the hotel bar, in the lobby, in the seats at the open practice, etc. I even got to listen in to a couple that were very interesting. They know each other at that level fairly well. Some of the informal conversations may go through third parties as well. The NDSU AD may be good friends with an associate AD at Memphis. He may have at one time worked at Grand Valley State with the head volleyball coach who is now at NC State. That coach is married to the sister of the Communications Director for the MWC. There are close connections everywhere.

I guarantee the MWC leadership is very aware of the value of the NDSU program and what they would bring to the conference. They also know the limitations. The NDSU AD publicly proclaiming any specific discussions or intentions will have no impact on any future decisions made. It's only the fact fans feel compelled to know this information so they feel can feel better about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    when did presidents & ad's turn into political hacks. this is pathetic.
    Legend has it that Cortez burned his ships once they got to Mexico so that the only way his men could get back to Spain would be by successful conquest, but what you are advocating is more like him burning his ships when they were still in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

You know who yapped a lot about changing conferences? San Diego State. It gained them nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You know who yapped a lot about changing conferences? San Diego State. It gained them nothing.
    Frankly, it did quite the opposite for SDSUred. They're a bit "in the wind" right now.

I'm yet to see any public negotiation of a business transaction (and that's what this is) turn out well for any party involved.

Brian Mclaughlin launching a G5 preview/season following online... and some fcs info as well.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football...ckoff-preview/

if Brian has moved up, NDSU should too!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

when did presidents & ad's turn into political hacks. this is pathetic.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG YOU DIP$HITS WITH SAYING

"HECK YEA We'd Love to be in the Mountain West, or BIG 12 or BIG 10 but no invite has come as of yet from either"

instead we get this pussyfooting wordsalad bullshit.
    Someone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here, but maybe they are trying to do right by their current conference (MVFC) and not risk passing them off if it doesn’t work out. Kinda like how SDSUr did with the MW and now they are getting the raw end of that deal.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

if Brian has moved up, NDSU should too!
    He got invited.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Someone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong here, but maybe they are trying to do right by their current conference (MVFC) and not risk passing them off if it doesn’t work out. Kinda like how SDSUr did with the MW and now they are getting the raw end of that deal.
    At this point, I am not sure who is getting the raw deal. I don't think anybody was pissed off that SDSU was likely leaving..That has been a pretty open secret for a year now. This is just an issue of exit fees. I am pretty sure things will work out where both parties found some sort of compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    He got invited.
    so did our video guy and all our ndsu transfer portal guys.. it's our time
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

so did our video guy and all our ndsu transfer portal guys.. it's our time
    Where did your big stud basketball player end up?