Page 117 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 17671071151161171181191271672176171117 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    #buttMVFChadCOchampionsaswellbutnicetry,Melvin
    You're not following the discussion too well. Last I checked, the MVFC isn't an FBS conference trying to get its Champion into the 4 team FBS playoff. Try to keep up.

#butt24>4soyea
    #Buttchanceatnationaltitle>who'syourmamabowl

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    You're not following the discussion too well. Last I checked, the MVFC isn't an FBS conference trying to get its Champion into the 4 team FBS playoff. Try to keep up.
    i was talking about how making fun of Co champions, when your own conference did the same damn thing...

For the record Im happy neither TCU or Baylor made the playoffs, so carry on.

i was talking about how making fun of Co champions, when your own conference did the same damn thing...

In the era of making money off of playing one more game...it amazes me that the Big12 CHOOSES to remain under the number of team to play a conference championship game.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remember. Texas does things on their own. Screw this conference thingy. BXII Hwat? Longhorn Network 4 Life!

I wasn't making fun of co-champions. My original statement was that FBS Conference Champions have a "high probability" of getting selected for the 4 team playoff. The response was that there are 4 spots and 5 conferences. My counter to that was to point out that one conference had co-champions. I haven't heard anybody deny that impacted Baylor and TCU. Back to what Strongman posted, the current system gives 100% of the P5 programs a chance to win the National Championship. Any failure is on each specific program. If Northwestern goes 13-0 and wins the B1G, they should expect to be in the playoff. Marshall could have been 13-0 and they would not have been selected. The criteria used by the committee would almost certainly have kept them out. It's true for really any of the G5 conferences and their programs.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    In the era of making money off of playing one more game...it amazes me that the Big12 CHOOSES to remain under the number of team to play a conference championship game.
    They're getting $20 million per school per year in TV money right now, without a championship game which is on par with the other 4 conferences who do play one. They're probably not going to get an extra $40 million in TV money which is what it would take at minimum if they're going to add 2 schools and play a title game.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They're getting $20 million per school per year in TV money right now, without a championship game which is on par with the other 4 conferences who do play one. They're probably not going to get an extra $40 million in TV money which is what it would take at minimum if they're going to add 2 schools and play a title game.
    So another game (2 more teams)/week with ad revenue, plus a conference championship, probably in Jerry world, televised. I think with the right 2 teams they'd be just fine. They need to get rid of the Longhorn crap and I would bet there would be more money in it for everyone but Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You are probably correct about the money. I THINK there are more scenarios that result in their Champion getting screwed as long as the playoff remains at 4 teams. I know there were people who rolled out a scenario this year where TWO Big 12 teams could have gotten in but I think that was pretty far fetched. In the end, 13 games give you a better chance than a 12 game resume does. IMO.

As a fan, I really do like all the late season games we play on the road to the title game. What could be better than Saturday morning on ESPN with almost NO other competition on TV. Football fans all over the nation will be getting their football fix by watching the BISON!