Page 1156 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 15665610561106114611541155115611571158116612061256 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,560 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    From the day USC and UCLA left for the B1G I've been saying/expecting/predicting:

- 4 corners to BXII
    - UW/UO to B1G
    - Cali-Stan to B1G sometime later
    - WasSU and OrSU to MWC

The wild card in that is SDSUred: Do they go PAC and help it survive.

Reading other forums, the PAC may end up with a streaming only deal. That would be death to the PAC.

So, you've confused my thoughts and opinions with someone on an FCC Class B license AM station that nary garners a preset button in any of my vehicles.
    Considering Netflix has more customers in the US than all cable TV providers in the nation combined, and they are smaller than Amazon. I would argue traditional cable is in thr same category as a flip phone or landline

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, I'm an attention whore, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
    Totally agree, dude.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Considering Netflix has more customers in the US than all cable TV providers in the nation combined, and they are smaller than Amazon. I would argue traditional cable is in thr same category as a flip phone or landline
    Not like the P12 is going to get paid $300M per year to be shown on Netflix for free.

Park the P12 on Netflix and charge even as little as $0.99 for a season subscription and they’ll get one tenth the eyeballs that the B12 is getting.

The Premier league and NBC learned this lesson with their Peacock app. Fans don’t go running to buy a subscription to a streaming service just to watch a single sports league.

As for why more people own a subscription to Netflix than cable, one costs $10 the other $50. Not exactly apples to apples
    Last edited by NDSU92; 06-29-2023 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's not "cable" but "linear" television, like you folks like to tout the Statewide ABC deal NDSU FB has.

Rumors are saying all streaming (Apple!) and under $30M per school. That'll implode the PAC.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can’t stand listening to Jack either. Glad he’s not our PxP guy.
    I did offer him when you folks were looking.

cmon 2 days left.. do something
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    cmon 2 days left.. do something
    like what for example? Your school isn't holding the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    like what for example? Your school isn't holding the cards.
    He was talking to Apple and their streaming deal with the PAC I'd assume.

The NCAA's release on these proposals.
    https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/6/28/...s-schools.aspx

Seems capacity of Alerus Center would fall out of concern should this pass.

About the "$6M in grants", here's 2022 data: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/f3039088

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The NCAA's release on these proposals.
    https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/6/28/...s-schools.aspx

Seems capacity of Alerus Center would fall out of concern should this pass.

About the "$6M in grants", here's 2022 data: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/f3039088
    The $6M in grants seems odd to me. So, if NDSU fully funded the proposed scholarship requirements but didn't hit $6M because of the cost of attending their school they would somehow be in jeopardy?

That makes no sense and if that was the case, why wouldn't NDSU just raise tuition/fees/etc. for athletes who are scholarship? They already have different rates depending on your field of education, why wouldn't they just jack rates for those on scholarship to cover the difference or come up with other "fees" that they could assess and "grant" to the athletes to meet the criteria?