Page 1154 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 15465410541104114411521153115411551156116412041254 ... LastLast
Results 11,531 to 11,540 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Surprised you weren't beat up more for that.

And Brookings should be on that list ... or does their Taco John's still being open (all in FM closed) get them a pass.
    We all rolled our eyes. Being top 3 in all sports attendance for the Summit League is not something that's really that remarkable. None of those schools are going to move with NDSU to the FBS, no matter how much Taper talks about it. SDSU is a possibility but they likely feel that they have room to grow where they are. I would guess that if they were asked to move with NDSU to the MWC they would probably try to make that happen but they aren't going to push for it.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    what did Chris Vaninni say on 1660am today. he was talking NDSU MWC expansion
    By Monday "MWC expansion" may well mean adding WasSU and OrSU after the PAC collapsed due to a meager media deal offering.

Default Re: Boise State agrees NDSU to MWC

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    Not at all, in fact the same would be true and likely worse if the income bracket increased. Kids on the fence academically with more parental income would be even more likely to take a free shot. I am biased as hell because the state of MN treats the MN State system as like trash. We (MN) have over 5m people with one public research institution. The MN State system should have had a rural flagship university 40 years ago, but anything that impacts the UofM is off limits. Said differently this isn't income and achievement its about having a second in-state public university with a good academic profile. If you want a good laugh go to the US News profile for MSU, Mankato. Not sure what is more compelling for the flagship MN State system university the profile pic of a used Prius or the tie for 75th best regional university in the Midwest.
    That’s an interesting perspective especially around here where one of the major problems is the profile of the 2nd in-state public institution. Curious that you seem to feel MN would be better off with something that looks more like ND Higher Ed structure and a number of people in ND think their state would be better served with a system that looks more like yours.

Also, I’m not sure what’s bad for society about people on the margin academically taking a shot.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    By Monday "MWC expansion" may well mean adding WasSU and OrSU after the PAC collapsed due to a meager media deal offering.
    Bullshit
    He said he had no idea, and that nobody outside PAC leadership really knows, despite many claiming they do

But it's nice to know that you listen to Bison 1660
    Embrace the future bro
    It's coming with a vengeance ...

If only SDSU leaves in this go around, the MW does not really need another football school right away. However, they could use an olympic sports only team in the neighborhood. Not so much for basketball but for other sports not all MW schools sponsor. That helps with scheduling immensely. Were I king, I would add UC Davis.

1. AAU school..That would be an excellent feather in the cap for the MW and open all sorts of cross research with the conference members.

2. Fairly large athletic budget and sponsors a jillion sports.

3. Very easy and cheap travel to and from. Also balances out the PST and MST map a bit..

4. 30 plus thousand students

5. 250 thousand living alumni

6. Though Davis, along with the rest of Yolo County, doesn't have a whole lot of people (around 220 thousand), Davis is 11 miles or so from Sacramento and there are a whole bunch of folks in that metro area. Fairfield and Vallejo aren't far away either

7. Temperate weather, year round.

8. Lot's of really really really deep pockets in Northern California

9. Massive recruiting area that MW schools tap every year..

I would add them with a provision that if they meet certain facility upgrades, i.e expand the football stadium over the next 5 years, they would become all sports members..SJSU had to do some of this too. They have met most of the stuff required.

They would have to earn their keep first. Good for them and good for the MW.

To be sure, NDSU has an excellent football program but Davis checks far more boxes that make a bit more sense..IMHO.

Rip away..

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If only SDSU leaves in this go around, the MW does not really need another football school right away. However, they could use an olympic sports only team in the neighborhood. Not so much for basketball but for other sports not all MW schools sponsor. That helps with scheduling immensely. Were I king, I would add UC Davis.

1. AAU school..That would be an excellent feather in the cap for the MW and open all sorts of cross research with the conference members.

2. Fairly large athletic budget and sponsors a jillion sports.

3. Very easy and cheap travel to and from. Also balances out the PST and MST map a bit..

4. 30 plus thousand students

5. 250 thousand living alumni

6. Though Davis, along with the rest of Yolo County, doesn't have a whole lot of people (around 220 thousand), Davis is 11 miles or so from Sacramento and there are a whole bunch of folks in that metro area. Fairfield and Vallejo aren't far away either

7. Temperate weather, year round.

8. Lot's of really really really deep pockets in Northern California

9. Massive recruiting area that MW schools tap every year..

I would add them with a provision that if they meet certain facility upgrades, i.e expand the football stadium over the next 5 years, they would become all sports members..SJSU had to do some of this too. They have met most of the stuff required.

They would have to earn their keep first. Good for them and good for the MW.

To be sure, NDSU has an excellent football program but Davis checks far more boxes that make a bit more sense..IMHO.

Rip away..

No ripping here. I think that is a fair perspective on things. I think there are some boxes that NDSU checks that UC Davis doesn't but it will all come down to how much "weight" is given to which boxes and that is up to the MWC Presidents to determine. So much of what is stated here on Bisonville comes from the perspective that we just really want to compete against schools that invest in their football program at a similar level. We're hoping to find a spot that does that and quite frankly there are likely two conferences that are even (1.) remotely possible and (2.) a noticeable step up from our current situation. Those are the MWC and the AAC. Almost all NDSU fans are hoping that this shakeup gives us an opportunity but I also think most of us are realistic enough to understand that NDSU isn't a slam-dunk, no brainer for any conference. Here's to hoping that there is enough boxes checked by NDSU that they are given a chance.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remember when the "FCS Forever" crowd scoffed at the notion that NDSU needs to move up now while there may be a door open? Well the NCAA is trying to make that door much harder to open for FCS schools going forward...
    https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/sta...27079640649729
    https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/6/28/...s-schools.aspx
    https://herosports.com/fee-to-transi...increase-bzbz/

The NCAA is proposing raising the fee to move up to the FBS from the current $5,000 to $5 Million... Talk about inflation
    This is not approved yet, but it is reported that it would be effective immediately once approved. This apparently won't apply to schools already in the FBS transition process (like Sam Houston, JMU, etc. right now).

Who gets the 5 million bucks..?

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Who gets the 5 million bucks..?
    Probably goes towards paying the NCAA's lawyer fees from all of the lawsuits they've been in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    No ripping here. I think that is a fair perspective on things. I think there are some boxes that NDSU checks that UC Davis doesn't but it will all come down to how much "weight" is given to which boxes and that is up to the MWC Presidents to determine. So much of what is stated here on Bisonville comes from the perspective that we just really want to compete against schools that invest in their football program at a similar level. We're hoping to find a spot that does that and quite frankly there are likely two conferences that are even (1.) remotely possible and (2.) a noticeable step up from our current situation. Those are the MWC and the AAC. Almost all NDSU fans are hoping that this shakeup gives us an opportunity but I also think most of us are realistic enough to understand that NDSU isn't a slam-dunk, no brainer for any conference. Here's to hoping that there is enough boxes checked by NDSU that they are given a chance.
    This is great discussion. I also think the bigger the shake ups, the better. I think NDSU becomes a lot more palatable if South Dakota SDSU is paired. Then, we less on an island in the middle of nowhere. I'm very glad that SDSU seems to be thinking the same as NDSU at this point; a joint moved served as well before, and I really think it would again. It would also be great to have one regional rival. Lord knows SDSU has earned that level of respect; still can't believe how much they have improved!