Page 1151 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 15165110511101114111491150115111521153116112011251 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,510 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    FBS also comes with 22 more full scholly kids.
    Definitely, but it takes a few years to get those on board typically, its not immediate.
    My pushback was on those living in an alternate reality where we waltz thru MWC undefeated and grab the CFP first year.

We'd be incredibly fortunate to see the CFP in the first 5 years, its not super likely. Would take amazing results and luck also. There's 60+ established FBS teams vying for that spot. Some of them are very very good, and have much bigger budgets and fanbases.

It's also not entirely decided on the field, it comes down to how a ranking committee views your results vs all the other G5 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok I will.... NDSU vs Boise & NDSU vs Wyoming an NDSU vs Colorado State would be 3 Instant Rivals for NDSU!
    Why is NDSU and Boise a rivalry? The schools aren't similar. They aren't nearby. There isn't any history. I am not following here?
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Why is NDSU and Boise a rivalry? The schools aren't similar. They aren't nearby. There isn't any history. I am not following here?
    They both play on team colored fields.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Because they will know the NDSU is their big competition in the MWC. Rolling them on the blue turf will send a message

Boise is not the Boise from 10 years ago..They are okay but hardly great..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Boise is not the Boise from 10 years ago..They are okay but hardly great..
    It's all relative though. Sagarin had them ranked #52 last year.
    They'd be a lot tougher than Arizona was last year, and a really big challenge for us.

I don't think they are necessarily a CFP or even MWC title contender right now.
    Fresno St at #36 is on paper the best MWC team until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    It's all relative though. Sagarin had them ranked #52 last year.
    They'd be a lot tougher than Arizona was last year, and a really big challenge for us.

I don't think they are necessarily a CFP or even MWC title contender right now.
    Fresno St at #36 is on paper the best MWC team until proven otherwise.
    I would say Fresno has been the most consistent football program in the conference over the last 10 years. Boise State has been okay most years but not at all dominate any more. There is more parity in the conference these days..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Speaking of. When you guys come onboard to replace San Diego State you will inherit their protected rivalry games. Every season you would play Utah State and Hawaii. The rest of the conference schedule would be fairly random.

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2022/1...ules-rivalries
    Keep the Utah State game but trade SJSU the Hawaii game for the New Mexico game.

NDSU | USU = Morrill Trophy to celebrate the Land Grant Act.

NDSU | New Mexico = 1889 Trophy to celebrate ND statehood and the founding of UNM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    As much as I want a full conference invite the more we keep talking on here I see a football invite as the most likely scenario. We could play BB games in the Fargo dome but are we really going to see 9k fans to every BB game?
    For basketball, I think I prefer the SHAC layout really. It could use an expansion, but I like the seating there better. Maybe the dome works as a temporary home if we sold out everything.

If we go MWC, it should be all sports I think. We get even more upside there in basketball and other sports. Being one foot in with football feels like we'd be a junior member, and being stuck in Summit would kinda suck then.

Not even sure if MWC would allow us to join football only, but I guess its more likely there than other conferences since they've done it before. Its kind of rare overall for FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Macomb(at least spell it right) is already gone.
    Cedar Falls(not Cedar Rapids) is generally considered a rival we want to bring with us, and Sagarin ranked higher than 6 MWC teams.
    Vermillion is top 3 in all sports attendance and a travel partner. Not last place in MWC according to Sagarin.
    Terre Haute is visited once every 2 years in a single sport for a cupcake win.
    Grand Forks is top 3 in all sports attendance and a travel partner. Ahead of 4 MWC in Sagarin.
    If we get an invite, I hope at least 1 of these come with.
    The point is MW isn't a ticket to the big time FBS, but let's be honest about where our current ticket takes us. And I hope like hell none of those places listed move up with us. SDSU is the one travel partner I'd grudgingly understand. As for those I listed.... Hellllllll nah.