Page 1150 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 15065010501100114011481149115011511152116012001250 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,500 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ticket out of McComb, Cedar Rapids, Vermillion, Terre Haute, Grand Forks, etc etc etc
    Speaking of. When you guys come onboard to replace San Diego State you will inherit their protected rivalry games. Every season you would play Utah State and Hawaii. The rest of the conference schedule would be fairly random.

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2022/1...ules-rivalries

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea yea MWC , most of you are scared of NDSU walking in Day 1 and being top dog with Boise State for Football. its ok to be scared, we get it, you will be fine.

Mountain West should WANT an infusion of new blood with a Fanbase that actually cares about their program and would light a spark under the rest of the MWC fanbases.

So buckle up, WE COMING!!!

Ron Counts interview on 1660am today was dang good along with his twitter comments, his emails and Boise State bigtime donors who are on board wanting to play NDSU in Football............ we good, NDSU ADMIN needs to be calling Gloria the next 3 days, every day!!
    You could tamp your expectations down a bit. We did lose 3 games last year in the FCS
    And squeaked by a few games also. It’s hard for you I know. If you said we could win 8ish games then I’d more than agree with you.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ticket out of McComb, Cedar Rapids, Vermillion, Terre Haute, Grand Forks, etc etc etc
    Macomb(at least spell it right) is already gone.
    Cedar Falls(not Cedar Rapids) is generally considered a rival we want to bring with us, and Sagarin ranked higher than 6 MWC teams.
    Vermillion is top 3 in all sports attendance and a travel partner. Not last place in MWC according to Sagarin.
    Terre Haute is visited once every 2 years in a single sport for a cupcake win.
    Grand Forks is top 3 in all sports attendance and a travel partner. Ahead of 4 MWC in Sagarin.
    If we get an invite, I hope at least 1 of these come with.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    You could tamp your expectations down a bit. We did lose 3 games last year in the FCS
    And squeaked by a few games also. It’s hard for you I know. If you said we could win 8ish games then I’d more than agree with you.
    With 10 injured starters and a DC with 1 foot out the door

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Speaking of. When you guys come onboard to replace San Diego State you will inherit their protected rivalry games. Every season you would play Utah State and Hawaii. The rest of the conference schedule would be fairly random.

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2022/1...ules-rivalries
    I doubt that very much. Any time there is an addition/subtraction from a conference one of the first things to change is scheduling and protected rivalries/travel promises. It goes with the territory of expansion/change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we get into MW the basketball schedule would be immediately upgraded for men.

Home games against Mountain West teams would instantly be better competition than Summit.

We could still schedule home and homes with Jackrabbits, UND, USD and Saint Thomas pre-conference.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I doubt that very much. Any time there is an addition/subtraction from a conference one of the first things to change is scheduling and protected rivalries/travel promises. It goes with the territory of expansion/change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are probably right but the contracts are for the next 3 years. The reason SDSU got stuck with that weird mix was because the other protected rivalries were pretty ingrained. I don't think Wyoming would give up CSU for anybody. NV/UNLV, BSU /USU etc..Those are really long term rivals. You would be the new kid interlopers just looking for a stepping stone to some other conference..You just get what you get..

Some of the away game for football this past year were pathetic according to attendance and atmosphere....

I was at Indiana State and Southern Illinois - attendance was 4185 at ISUB but they probably counted the players / coaches and referees to get to that number. Not exactly a big-time atmosphere.

Southern said there was 4575 but there no way there was that many...half the crowd I saw from Illinois was nearly frozen before the game even started.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok I will.... NDSU vs Boise & NDSU vs Wyoming an NDSU vs Colorado State would be 3 Instant Rivals for NDSU!
    Will you actually go to basketball games if NDSU gets into the MWC? Do you now?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    If we get into MW the basketball schedule would be immediately upgraded for men.

Home games against Mountain West teams would instantly be better competition than Summit.

We could still schedule home and homes with Jackrabbits, UND, USD and Saint Thomas pre-conference.
    As much as I want a full conference invite the more we keep talking on here I see a football invite as the most likely scenario. We could play BB games in the Fargo dome but are we really going to see 9k fans to every BB game?