Page 115 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 15651051131141151161171251652156151115 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I love how you compare video games to real life. I see you have some valuable life experience to draw upon.
    No one here has the type of life experience to draw upon as far as an FBS move goes.

Honestly, you are probably like 40? Too late for you to see the light if you haven't already.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    No one here has the type of life experience to draw upon as far as an FBS move goes.

Honestly, you are probably like 40? Too late for you to see the light if you haven't already.
    Close. Dangerously close.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Close. Dangerously close.
    If I throw enough shit at the wall some of it sticks
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.

If I throw enough shit at the wall some of it sticks
    For the record, I'm not dead set against moving to FBS. I just would want NDSU to be able to do it successfully...and lots of things need to happen/change before that could take place.

For the record, I'm not dead set against moving to FBS. I just would want NDSU to be able to do it successfully...and lots of things need to happen/change before that could take place.
    Hmm must be late 30's. Have your mind made up soon, once you are 40 you won't be able to change it again.

Hmm must be late 30's. Have your mind made up soon, once you are 40 you won't be able to change it again.
    I did not know this. I better do some research, I don't have much time left...

This. Students don't know who we play or care at this point.a lot of people on bv suffer from the same d2 illness my dad suffers from. People remember the old days of playing st cloud and mankato and can't comprehend the idea of playing big boys instead of teachers colleges (nothing against teachers).

You want the brand to grow you move up. Graduates will give money if they know ndsu is moving onto a new challenge. This league is pud.
    Really? But YOU said you wouldnt give a dime. So I wont take your word for what other graduates will and wont do.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Who posted that Boise State was irrelevant? The selection committee has them ranked 20th and they were selected for a quality bowl game. With 2 losses, this would never have happened during the BCS era. As ESPN correctly pointed out, the new system affords more opportunity for the group of 5 conference teams. NDSU can be the next Boise State.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Who posted that Boise State was irrelevant? The selection committee has them ranked 20th and they were selected for a quality bowl game. With 2 losses, this would never have happened during the BCS era. As ESPN correctly pointed out, the new system affords more opportunity for the group of 5 conference teams. NDSU can be the next Boise State.
    You don't know what you are talking about. Research the criteria and get back to us. FYI, it would have been Marshall except they crapped the bed. There's room for ONE G5 team. Yippee!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    How does that make Boise relevant? The G5 gets 1...one....ONE...UNO...team into a guarenteed New Years day bowl. Being ranked 20th makes Boise just as relevant on the FBS scene as NDSU was when we were receiving votes. The new system doesn't give anything to the G5 teams other than a new years bowl. And thats one team. They have zero chance at the playoff which means zero chance at a national championship. The things you are saying is like saying the SWAC is relevant in the ovaral picture of FCS football.

Would you like another straw to grasp at?