Page 114 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 14641041121131141151161241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

One other thing. The typical NDSU grad or supporter values wealth and will work hard for it. We are not some gay ass liberal arts college like Concordia. You find me an engineer, farmer, agribusinessman or pharmacist that doesn't know the value of the dollar. A man/woman worth ten million who donates a million to an endowment is a fucking idiot IMO. Give it to a charity, the church or help out kids and family. I will give two grand here and a grand there to my alma mater, but I won't spend one cent that would hinder my ability to buy land for my son or set him up farming. I'm small time, but you people who think others should pay the way need to realize this is the attitude of the typical NDSU man. If you don't support TM or are some little college kid, shut the fuck up. I see these types talking about the "big boys" and FBS when it comes to football on this forum. Well, the big boys are the ones who actually financially support Bison athletics (at any level or $, those that give what they can afford). Some of you need to quit telling me and other TMs to carry your load. Step up or shut up.
    Last edited by Hail bison; 11-20-2014 at 07:38 AM.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    One other thing. The typical NDSU grad or supporter values wealth and will work hard for it. We are not some gay ass liberal arts college like Concordia. You find me an engineer, farmer, agribusinessman or pharmacist that doesn't know the value of the dollar. A man/woman worth ten million who donates a million to an endowment is a fucking idiot IMO. Give it to a charity, the church or help out kids and family. I will give two grand here and a grand there to my alma mater, but I won't spend one cent that would hinder my ability to buy land for my son or set him up farming. I'm small time, but you people who think others should pay the way need to realize this is the attitude of the typical NDSU man. If you don't support TM or are some little college kid, shut the fuck up. I see these types talking about the "big boys" and FBS when it comes to football on this forum. Well, the big boys are the ones who actually financially support Bison athletics (at any level or $, those that give what they can afford). Some of you need to quit telling me and other TMs to carry your load. Step up or shut up.
    +++++++++++++
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Teammakers should hire us or ndsu athletics . We'd be in a FBS CONFERENCE like mountain west in no time I'd even take Kab1one out to Utah to schmooze, wine and dine the mwc commissioners. Show me the money would be on my name plate a regular Tom Cruise moment.

TOLEDO IS FBS. What's in a name duh. Mountain west doesn't play weekday games so stop with that crap!

Missing number don't go there's thousands of NDSU fans looking for tickets
    Can't disagree with any if this.

I've seen lakes wine and dine ncaa president mark emmert, I can easily see him smooth talking mwc presidents and ad's to let ndsu in their conference.

Toledo and their aerial assault attack coming to Fargo? Have we ever seen such an explosive offense? Aren't you tired of unproven puds like costal and unh coming here and saying how great they are despite playing nobody worth a shit?

At least Toledo is battle proven on a weekly basis.

This city lost its load when southern miss came here for one bball game. Same will be done for Akron. Hosting k state is still remembered.

If ndsu can make this weekly instead of once a year., then we have something going on here.

53 yds passing last night for the vaunted Toledo aerial assault attack.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Off games we all have them. They're usually at or near the top in total offense

Yes, that would be fun. It would also be rare for a conference foe in the MAC, WAC, OR Mountain West to be nationally ranked!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    If its on national TV...sure why not. I mean could you imagine a nationally ranked team comin to Fargo? that'd be fun. We thought it was cool when NDSU was receiving votes for the AP poll. Wouldn't you want the opportunity to keep that going?

I just dont understand it.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Off games we all have them. They're usually at or near the top in total offense
    They were 50th in passing going into yesterday. Now running the ball, they do that well. But I figured somebody as well versed in MAC football like you would know that.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Teammakers should hire us or ndsu athletics . We'd be in a FBS CONFERENCE like mountain west in no time I'd even take Kab1one out to Utah to schmooze, wine and dine the mwc commissioners. Show me the money would be on my name plate a regular Tom Cruise moment.

TOLEDO IS FBS. What's in a name duh. Mountain west doesn't play weekday games so stop with that crap!

Missing number don't go there's thousands of NDSU fans looking for tickets
    OMG what an idea!!!!!!
    Sam I am sure with you and Blowhorns vast fund raising experience the 2.7 million raised by TM this past year would be a paltry sum.
    Your experience as the Bingo Chairman at the local Moose Lodge should be invaluable in future fund raising activities. Not to mention your already close working relationship with TM in the past. I believe you were on the committee for interpretation of tailgating rules and there implementation were you not? You also were a volunteer liaison between TM and the local car removal service if I am not correct.
    Those experiences should serve you well.

Then you have Blowhorns resume which even though short on fund raising activities he does deal with the youth of the FM area everyday for 4-5 hours. What a solid representative to build NDSUs fan base. Plus with him in your hip pocket 24-7 I am sure you will impart some of that fund raising accume from your vast knowledge on that subject. Your idea of the fund raising thermometer is absolutely brilliant!

I can just imagine the doors that will open for you when NDSU and TM find out about your interest in this position.

If I may I would like to offer a suggestion if its ok? I would first start off with a move to the BIG TEN. I know its not the SEC but it is in our recruiting foot print and it would be a stepping stone. Am I shooting too low? But I will defer that decision to you as You are the expert in these matters.

If I can be of any help please do not hesitate to call. 77 OU812.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Gophers and K State are P5 programs. You FBS guys only think about BYU and Boise type programs outside the P5. They are the exception. Fact is, most FBS programs outside the P5 are "pud" by your definition. Wyoming is pud. Craig Bohl is pud with a pay raise. It's embarrassing that some think tonight's "big game" was big time. Look at the limited finances and quit listening to pud knockers who think there are these whales out there who are going to throw millions at NDSU football. Until Kab lathers and strokes potential benefactors (with fine wine of course) and Chapo's wife lets him woo the newly divorced Mrs Hamm, it ain't gonna happen. I say your dad is a man I'd respect.
    I respect the hell out of my dad. But he is content to play in this division probably forever because it's a higher level than when he was young.

This is stale. These teams are lame. I quit playing a video game as soon as i have nothing left to accomplish. Its time to go.

P.s. Wyoming is pud but at least they have the balls to play ball with the big dogs.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    I respect the hell out of my dad. But he is content to play in this division probably forever because it's a higher level than when he was young.

This is stale. These teams are lame. I quit playing a video game as soon as i have nothing left to accomplish. Its time to go.

P.s. Wyoming is pud but at least they have the balls to play ball with the big dogs.
    I love how you compare video games to real life. I see you have some valuable life experience to draw upon.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]