Page 1133 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 13363310331083112311311132113311341135114311831233 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,330 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/rep...cement-schools

Good explanation here with reasonable predictions from yet another random MWC guy
    Dark Horse: Texas State (get into the San Antonio / Austin markets; already FBS)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Dark Horse: Texas State (get into the San Antonio / Austin markets; already FBS)
    The Fightin' Armadillos?? Not sure if the MWC wants that level of talent in their conference but Scott Bakula's getting pretty old, maybe they could beat him now.

Kathy Ireland was the best part of that team..By a very large margin..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    My belief is if Texas St moves it will be to the AAC.

In the AAC they would have other Texas schools to associate with like UNT, UTSA, Rice, etc. There’s not enough upside to them moving to MWC, and their fans don’t seem to think that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    My belief is if Texas St moves it will be to the AAC.

In the AAC they would have other Texas schools to associate with like UNT, UTSA, Rice, etc. There’s not enough upside to them moving to MWC, and their fans don’t seem to think that would happen.
    Yeah, that’s my hope. May be hard to explain to the MW presidents why you added NDSU if Texas St was on the table…

But if I’m Texas State I’m waiting for bigger things and certainly not going to lock in a major clawback clause before I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Herder wants to stay FCS and always has, so you tell me ... is he reputable? He's a bit new to the G5 party, so I'll cut him some slack here

But yeah, there's a good chance the MWC sits tight for now, so he might be right

But the point is, NDSU is at or near the top of the list, and will be for the AAC too, despite your constant exclaiming otherwise
    Constant made me lol.

According to Gloria Nevarez, the MW already knows what they will do if 1 school leaves, 2, 3 or more etc., leave.

The rumblings I have heard most frequently are my heartburn and excess stomach acid. However, I am willing to make a guess on what I think possible. In descending order of maybe...

1. If 1 or 2 leave..No addition

2. One west coast olympic sports addition to balance football and basketball membership. SDSU leaving creates a shortage in the non revenue sports. i.e. Swimming and diving, tennis and baseball and softball etc. Think St Mary's, Pacific, Davis, UC Santa Barbara, Irvine etc..

3. Add UTEP only. Long time former WACster with CSU,AFA,WY, NM, Fresno and HI. They are also in the neighborhood.

4. Add anyone else for all sports. This seems unlikely to me..But then, who am I ?

5 Add anyone for football only. See 4

The Summit trembles with anticipation

https://letsgodu.com/2023/06/20/coul...mountain-west/

Summit FB as a preemptive strike? Too funny

Hey MWC, would you consider DU under #2, or not west coast enough? DU is consistently pretty good on the oly front

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting article. Would still have to think SDSU gets this done.

One theory I saw floated was this letter was a way to put pressure on PAC to get the deal done. Have seen it floated they may have an invite to the B12 also. The article casually mentions B12 expansion.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...s-san-diego-st

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Interesting article. Would still have to think SDSU gets this done.

One theory I saw floated was this letter was a way to put pressure on PAC to get the deal done. Have seen it floated they may have an invite to the B12 also.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...s-san-diego-st
    Can't imagine they'd do this without high confidence in a landing spot
    You don't spend years building potential just to gamble it away