Page 113 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 13631031111121131141151231632136131113 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You were talking about the votes we got right? Are you that uninformed that you dont know why he voted that way?It was posted on BV.
    But hey I know you got bigger fish to fry on making the moves to get us in the SEC so I will give you a pass. If you need funding for the gray dog let me know I can hook you up with a ticket.
    I was saying wouldn't it be cool for NDSU to get those votes on a yearly basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Do you think 30,000 fans would attend an outdoor Bison game at the new El Chapo field on a Wednesday night with temperatures in the teens?
    18000 wouldnt even attend a game in the FFD withe those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Such a PANSY excuse. You will leAve Bismarck/Minneapolis at Noon from work NDSU be drinking on the "BOWL CRUISER BUS" at 3pm for 7pm game on ESPN 2 !!!
    Nope, would just sit at home have my own beer, on my comfy couch in my man cave.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would one of you FBS guys please tell me how playing some crappy MAC or Mountain West school in the middle of the week would be so exciting. Serious question. How is Toledo any different than playing Missouri State? Paint me a picture. I don't get it.

Cheney Wa to Frisco 1869 miles
    Newark DE to Frisco 1422 miles

Two teams with nowhere near the following as NDSU bringing what they can to a NEUTRAL site game nowhere near their campuses.

These MAC games are are home games located on campus, many on national TV, and they still can't draw even half full stadiums.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Teammakers should hire us or ndsu athletics . We'd be in a FBS CONFERENCE like mountain west in no time I'd even take Kab1one out to Utah to schmooze, wine and dine the mwc commissioners. Show me the money would be on my name plate a regular Tom Cruise moment.

TOLEDO IS FBS. What's in a name duh. Mountain west doesn't play weekday games so stop with that crap!

Missing number don't go there's thousands of NDSU fans looking for tickets
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'll have to agree.

When NDSU is unable to promote its brand anymore than it has(its coming to that, student interest is failing, lack of big time opponents coming to town, 1 FBS game on the future schedule), we'll start seeing things going the other direction. The options where NDSU is now is so limited, I just don't see why some of you are actually debating this.

FBS games on the schedule generate the most hype. Whether its national media heads who write way more articles on the damned Iowa State win over playoff wins and national championships, perspective from big time school fanbases, coaches & players.. or whatever.

Yea it's cute for the small time folk who get all of their jollies from it, but please, don't spew that crap on in this thread because you have that problem.
    This. Students don't know who we play or care at this point.a lot of people on bv suffer from the same d2 illness my dad suffers from. People remember the old days of playing st cloud and mankato and can't comprehend the idea of playing big boys instead of teachers colleges (nothing against teachers).

You want the brand to grow you move up. Graduates will give money if they know ndsu is moving onto a new challenge. This league is pud.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    This. Students don't know who we play or care at this point.a lot of people on bv suffer from the same d2 illness my dad suffers from. People remember the old days of playing st cloud and mankato and can't comprehend the idea of playing big boys instead of teachers colleges (nothing against teachers).

You want the brand to grow you move up. Graduates will give money if they know ndsu is moving onto a new challenge. This league is pud.
    Who are these big boys we'd be playing? P5 will never happen so who?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Would one of you FBS guys please tell me how playing some crappy MAC or Mountain West school in the middle of the week would be so exciting. Serious question. How is Toledo any different than playing Missouri State? Paint me a picture. I don't get it.
    Weird, we brag about MVFC teams occasionally beating MAC schools. This year was great for the Valley in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Who are these big boys we'd be playing? P5 will never happen so who?
    Many P5 apparently want to be playing FCS games for SOS purposes soonish.

Most fun I've had at a Bison game was at the first two Gopher games(we didn't know better at the time) and K State game. That game meant 10x more than any of the title games. I can actually recall a former Bison(won't disclose) referring to another Bison's(won't disclose current or former) actions before the K State game saying something along the lines of "Why would you do that before the biggest game of your life?"

Right now we are playing teams I had never heard of before the D-1 move. I want the school I will graduate from in May to play against schools I actually know about. Teacher's colleges are the equivalent to our Mayville and Valley. No thanks. Time to go!
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Weird, we brag about MVFC teams occasionally beating MAC schools. This year was great for the Valley in that regard.

Many P5 apparently want to be playing FCS games for SOS purposes soonish.

Most fun I've had at a Bison game was at the first two Gopher games(we didn't know better at the time) and K State game. That game meant 10x more than any of the title games. I can actually recall a former Bison(won't disclose) referring to another Bison's(won't disclose current or former) actions before the K State game saying something along the lines of "Why would you do that before the biggest game of your life?"

Right now we are playing teams I had never heard of before the D-1 move. I want the school I will graduate from in May to play against schools I actually know about. Teacher's colleges are the equivalent to our Mayville and Valley. No thanks. Time to go!
    Gophers and K State are P5 programs. You FBS guys only think about BYU and Boise type programs outside the P5. They are the exception. Fact is, most FBS programs outside the P5 are "pud" by your definition. Wyoming is pud. Craig Bohl is pud with a pay raise. It's embarrassing that some think tonight's "big game" was big time. Look at the limited finances and quit listening to pud knockers who think there are these whales out there who are going to throw millions at NDSU football. Until Kab lathers and strokes potential benefactors (with fine wine of course) and Chapo's wife lets him woo the newly divorced Mrs Hamm, it ain't gonna happen. I say your dad is a man I'd respect.