Page 1128 of 1352 FirstFirst ... 12862810281078111811261127112811291130113811781228 ... LastLast
Results 11,271 to 11,280 of 13517

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

San Diego St has made no secret of their desire to move to a power conference. I believe they do have an invitation to the Big 12 in hand but may be waiting for the Pac 12 to iron out their contract. I think that would be their preferred destination. Like most things money is at the root of it all. If they officially retire from the MW before June 30, they will be responsible for a 16.5 million exit fee. If they don't officially leave by June 30 they have to pay 34 million to skeedaddle. They have asked for a 1 month extension to retire at 16.5..I am not sure the MW will give them that extension.

There will be fallout but that pretty much all depends on what happens with the Pac 10.

I don't understand SDSU's move.

The MWC may tell them "no extension, pound sand, and pay the exit".
    That just gives more power to PAC and BXII to lower offers (because SDSU jammed itself up).

I don't understand the SDSU move at all.

Ndsu fbs. Dominos falling!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I don't understand SDSU's move.

The MWC may tell them "no extension, pound sand, and pay the exit".
    That just gives more power to PAC and BXII to lower offers (because SDSU jammed itself up).

I don't understand the SDSU move at all.
    I am not sure they jammed themselves at all. They haven't officially asked to leave yet. They just asked for an extension for 1 month to decide. If nothing is cooking by June 29 they can just stick around and leave after next year. If something does gel then they can get to getting now. I believe they have two offers at least close..the Pac and the Big 12. Neither conference will low ball them as both would like to be in SoCal..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    San Diego State “exploring all options”, but no official invite from any other conference. Looks like they want to leave. What dominos will fall as a result of that if they leave?
    Suspect the PAC invite is basically done. They likely know the media deal details, and are locked in.
    Just because something isn't announced yet doesn't preclude it being already all lined up.

Another article https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...est-plans-exit

The article does suggest there is some back and forth on this being an official withdrawal.
    SDSU is just trying to line up all the pieces at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    NDSU BABY!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NDSU football > San Diego State Football
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Some Wyoming pages have NDSU as their top canidate. This could be our chance!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Some Wyoming pages have NDSU as their top canidate. This could be our chance!
    If this works out, we can thank God our AD didn't listen to the whiners here who wanted us to join a crappy conference.

It's been obvious for a year now this could develop, just a matter of time. Now the dominoes could fall any day.

if we go to the mwc bros i'm going to hawaii and drinking mai tais while watching the bison hang 50 on the rainbows i don't think they can stop qb power 60 times like SDSU can.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes