Page 110 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

So let's say hypothetically speaking, NDSU is invited and joins the MAC. Things go well and a few years later the Mountain West were to come calling. Oh no, if NDSU were to leave to the Mountain West, NDSU would have to pay the MAC a buyout. In 2012 when Temple left the MAC, they had to pay a $6 million buyout fee. When the old Big East was going through their period of losing their teams, there was talks of making the buyout be $15 million. Not exactly chump change to NDSU's athletic department.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    We are the envy of the league we are in now. They all still draw small crowds and are still pud schools and teams. Who's to say that things won't change in the MAC?

And as far as we better move up to another conference then, that's why you don't join that conference in the first place and wait and make sure everything is taken care of first then seek out that conference and join it instead of wasting time and money on something that is full of "puds".

Hey I want Mountain West...we all do. But MAC & Sun belt are our other 2 choices so we must monitor them such as tonight's game. It's been exciting game good talent but NDSU would still beat both of them. Mountain west could help pay the buyout...boosters.
    So you already have us in MAC then getting MWC bid already? You are moving faster than me, bravo welcome aboard the pro FBS crowd!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Looks like he boxed himself in. Now lets wait and see the spin to get out.
    Boxed me in with his own personal opinion? All he said was that he "guarantees" that the same people calling for the move up now will be the same ones wanting to move up. I see potential in the MAC. and they're a level up above where NDSU is.

I could box him back and say when the FCS dies because of lack of money around programs in every part of the country, itll be a huge waste of opportunity if NDSU resorts to stay pact.

also, my personal opinion is the MVFC is crap outside of NDSU, nobody has done anything in this conference in 20 years. It'd be below the Big Sky if NDSU wasn't in it. Far below it. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Boxed me in with his own personal opinion? All he said was that he "guarantees" that the same people calling for the move up now will be the same ones wanting to move up. I see potential in the MAC. and they're a level up above where NDSU is.

I could box him back and say when the FCS dies because of lack of money around programs in every part of the country, itll be a huge waste of opportunity if NDSU resorts to stay pact.

also, my personal opinion is the MVFC is crap outside of NDSU, nobody has done anything in this conference in 20 years. It'd be below the Big Sky if NDSU wasn't in it. Far below it. Let that sink in.
    Not talking about you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Correct longhorn. Imagine the last 3 years what fcs would be without NDSU. Frisco would of had 8500 there for title games. The attendance in the mvfc the last few games. At misery state, at western Illinois was 2500-3000 each, NDSU players must have a hard time getting up for that

Same can be said about the MAC. They also have done nothing. The one time they were given a shot to show what they can do, Northerm Illinois got embarrassed and if it wasn't for a bailout from the conference, they would've lost money on that game.

Toledo going up 27-20 !

BP4eva With our crappy fargodome capped at 20,000 the Mac is the only viable option really.

Let's build a 35,000-40000 stadium and petition the mountain west or big 12!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Toledo going up 27-20 !

BP4eva With our crappy fargodome capped at 20,000 the Mac is the only viable option really.

Sam stop it. Youre killing me.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Toledo going up 27-20 !

Shit, let's build an 80,000 seat stadium and join the SEC. Have you gotten anywhere with the former Mrs Hamm?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Shit, let's build an 80,000 seat stadium and join the SEC. Have you gotten anywhere with the former Mrs Hamm?
    Yep. Dont know why they arent shooting for the big dogs. They sit around pounding there puds about pud conferences that they say we can win every year. Thought they wanted to reach for the stars and be the best we can be? Well what can you expect from message board blow hards?