Page 11 of 287 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 2868

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    15,154
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well we should start now because it took us 12 years to raise 30 million for the SHAC. So it's going to take us roughly 30 years to raise 100 million for the stadium we want but in 30 years to build the stadium we want we are going to need to raise 200 million but that will take us 60 years to raise 200 million but in 60 years we are going to need 400 million to build the stadium we want so we'll need to raise.....etc..etc.
    No offense to wrestling and basketball, but I see more people donating for a football building faster than the BSA.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,543
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well we should start now because it took us 12 years to raise 30 million for the SHAC. So it's going to take us roughly 30 years to raise 100 million for the stadium we want but in 30 years to build the stadium we want we are going to need to raise 200 million but that will take us 60 years to raise 200 million but in 60 years we are going to need 400 million to build the stadium we want so we'll need to raise.....etc..etc.

    NDSU FOOTBALL SELLS I bet they could raise $100 million in 1 year if a concentrated effort was made.

    $10 million from scheels Sanford rdo
    $5 million from pro seed, bobcat, burgum NDSU student fees.

    That's $50million.
    1000 donors at $2000/year over 20 years= $40 million.
    500 donors at $500/year over 20 years = $10 million.

    Bada Bing, Bada BOOM
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think you are wrong since those road games would be on national TV. I think NDSU football could be a force in the MWC, basketball would struggle but at least you would have a quality conference to sell. Suddenly in the region NDSU basketball would be in a very strong basketball conference and that might allow NDSU to go after a different class of recruit, it would elevate us above most of the other mid-major programs. Again the basketball program would get national TV games much more regularly. I think the MWC would take NDSU athletics to a whole different level.

    That said I don't think MWC would give much thought to add NDSU. It is hard to sell schools in California and Nevada that adding a school in North Dakota is a good idea.
    I'll agree to disagree about the first paragraph. Primarily because I simply have zero interest in those MWC programs (and I see myself as typical). Wyoming? I never watched a single football game until they played NDSU and I've never watched one since. Same is true of most of the rest of the conference. I totally agree with the last part. I'll trust John's input since he lives in Vegas and has stated they simply aren't interested in NDSU. Until, and unless, that changes, the discussion tends to be pointless.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,543
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What drives NDSU to the 2nd Tier, the FBS G5 Level, instead of staying in the current FCS??

    1) When NDSU is no longer able to schedule FBS P5 games. MN, IA, NE, KS State and other regional FBS P5 schools will no longer schedule FCS schools, especially good ones. This Time is NOW.
    2) NDSU can't schedule games with the FBS G5. They don't want to play FCS schools unless its an easy win, and NDSU is a definite NO for the group. This Time is NOW.

    Why are the two questions above so important for NDSU?

    Playing FBS P5 & G5 schools are what have made NDSU relavant in the college Football landscape, and what the fans Want and Need. If the only games that NDSU is able to schedule and play are FCS games, it is TIME to move to the next level. That TIME appears to be NOW.

    What stay FCS? Another Title or Two is the only reason. NDSU's national relavance will peak in 2014, and decline going forward without P5 and G5 games.

    Hell yea.

    #3. Average joe NDSU ticket buyer CANT BUY A TICKET. THAT TIME IS NOW



    Hey 104 posts in 8 hours. Not too shabby. Lots of interest in this FBS MOVE
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    29,238

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What drives NDSU to the 2nd Tier, the FBS G5 Level, instead of staying in the current FCS??

    1) When NDSU is no longer able to schedule FBS P5 games. MN, IA, NE, KS State and other regional FBS P5 schools will no longer schedule FCS schools, especially good ones. This Time is NOW.
    2) When NDSU can't schedule games with the FBS G5. They don't want to play FCS schools unless its an easy win, and NDSU is a definite NO for the group. This Time is NOW.



    Why are the two questions above so important for NDSU?

    Playing FBS P5 & G5 schools are what have made NDSU relavant in the college Football landscape, and what the fans Want and Need. If the only games that NDSU is able to schedule and play are FCS games, it is TIME to move to the next level. That TIME appears to be NOW.

    Why stay FCS? Another Title or Two is the only reason. NDSU's national relavance will peak in 2014, and decline going forward without P5 and G5 games. Iowa in 2016 might help it linger, but after that . . . decline.
    Please explain how you expect to make this move when we dont have a conference that wants us?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    14,554

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hell yea.

    #3. Average joe NDSU ticket buyer CANT BUY A TICKET. THAT TIME IS NOW



    Hey 104 posts in 8 hours. Not too shabby. Lots of interest in this FBS MOVE
    Playing in the famous Idaho Potato Bowl on December 20 will cure the demand problem. No purple.
    [COLOR=#252525][FONT=sans-serif]I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie[/FONT][/COLOR]

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,543
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Any bowl game is viewed by more people than fcs title game, every bowl game gets a whole day dedicated to it.......fcs title game on espn 2 waiting for St. John's vs villinova basketball game to get done does not.

    Haven't all of you seen frisco enough now? Time to broaden your travels.

    NDSU should be selling these conferences and asking them if they would add NDSU. NOT SIT AND WAIT!
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Prairiewest Golf Course
    Posts
    2,529

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Any bowl game is viewed by more people than fcs title game, every bowl game gets a whole day dedicated to it.......fcs title game on espn 2 waiting for St. John's vs villinova basketball game to get done does not.

    Haven't all of you seen frisco enough now? Time to broaden your travels.

    NDSU should be selling these conferences and asking them if they would add NDSU. NOT SIT AND WAIT!
    Like this:
    NDSU: We are very interested in joining the MWC and we think we could bring a great product to your conference.
    MWC: sorry, we have no plans for expansion at this time.

    NDSU: We are very interested in joining the MAC and feel we would be a great addition to your conference.
    MAC: We are not interested at this time, thanks for calling.

    NDSU: Um... anybody got the number for the Sunbelt?

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    29,238

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Any bowl game is viewed by more people than fcs title game, every bowl game gets a whole day dedicated to it.......fcs title game on espn 2 waiting for St. John's vs villinova basketball game to get done does not.

    Haven't all of you seen frisco enough now? Time to broaden your travels.

    NDSU should be selling these conferences and asking them if they would add NDSU. NOT SIT AND WAIT!


    And when they say NO what then?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bison Nation
    Posts
    6,060
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

    And when they say NO what then?
    We keep calling until they accept us because we're the mighty Bison, who the F*#@ are you!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

    If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

    I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •