Page 11 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well we should start now because it took us 12 years to raise 30 million for the SHAC. So it's going to take us roughly 30 years to raise 100 million for the stadium we want but in 30 years to build the stadium we want we are going to need to raise 200 million but that will take us 60 years to raise 200 million but in 60 years we are going to need 400 million to build the stadium we want so we'll need to raise.....etc..etc.
    No offense to wrestling and basketball, but I see more people donating for a football building faster than the BSA.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Well we should start now because it took us 12 years to raise 30 million for the SHAC. So it's going to take us roughly 30 years to raise 100 million for the stadium we want but in 30 years to build the stadium we want we are going to need to raise 200 million but that will take us 60 years to raise 200 million but in 60 years we are going to need 400 million to build the stadium we want so we'll need to raise.....etc..etc.

NDSU FOOTBALL SELLS I bet they could raise $100 million in 1 year if a concentrated effort was made.

$10 million from scheels Sanford rdo
    $5 million from pro seed, bobcat, burgum NDSU student fees.

That's $50million.
    1000 donors at $2000/year over 20 years= $40 million.
    500 donors at $500/year over 20 years = $10 million.

Bada Bing, Bada BOOM
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think you are wrong since those road games would be on national TV. I think NDSU football could be a force in the MWC, basketball would struggle but at least you would have a quality conference to sell. Suddenly in the region NDSU basketball would be in a very strong basketball conference and that might allow NDSU to go after a different class of recruit, it would elevate us above most of the other mid-major programs. Again the basketball program would get national TV games much more regularly. I think the MWC would take NDSU athletics to a whole different level.

That said I don't think MWC would give much thought to add NDSU. It is hard to sell schools in California and Nevada that adding a school in North Dakota is a good idea.
    I'll agree to disagree about the first paragraph. Primarily because I simply have zero interest in those MWC programs (and I see myself as typical). Wyoming? I never watched a single football game until they played NDSU and I've never watched one since. Same is true of most of the rest of the conference. I totally agree with the last part. I'll trust John's input since he lives in Vegas and has stated they simply aren't interested in NDSU. Until, and unless, that changes, the discussion tends to be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What drives NDSU to the 2nd Tier, the FBS G5 Level, instead of staying in the current FCS??

1) When NDSU is no longer able to schedule FBS P5 games. MN, IA, NE, KS State and other regional FBS P5 schools will no longer schedule FCS schools, especially good ones. This Time is NOW.
    2) NDSU can't schedule games with the FBS G5. They don't want to play FCS schools unless its an easy win, and NDSU is a definite NO for the group. This Time is NOW.

Why are the two questions above so important for NDSU?

Playing FBS P5 & G5 schools are what have made NDSU relavant in the college Football landscape, and what the fans Want and Need. If the only games that NDSU is able to schedule and play are FCS games, it is TIME to move to the next level. That TIME appears to be NOW.

What stay FCS? Another Title or Two is the only reason. NDSU's national relavance will peak in 2014, and decline going forward without P5 and G5 games.

Hell yea.

#3. Average joe NDSU ticket buyer CANT BUY A TICKET. THAT TIME IS NOW

Hey 104 posts in 8 hours. Not too shabby. Lots of interest in this FBS MOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What drives NDSU to the 2nd Tier, the FBS G5 Level, instead of staying in the current FCS??

1) When NDSU is no longer able to schedule FBS P5 games. MN, IA, NE, KS State and other regional FBS P5 schools will no longer schedule FCS schools, especially good ones. This Time is NOW.
    2) When NDSU can't schedule games with the FBS G5. They don't want to play FCS schools unless its an easy win, and NDSU is a definite NO for the group. This Time is NOW.

Why are the two questions above so important for NDSU?

Playing FBS P5 & G5 schools are what have made NDSU relavant in the college Football landscape, and what the fans Want and Need. If the only games that NDSU is able to schedule and play are FCS games, it is TIME to move to the next level. That TIME appears to be NOW.

Why stay FCS? Another Title or Two is the only reason. NDSU's national relavance will peak in 2014, and decline going forward without P5 and G5 games. Iowa in 2016 might help it linger, but after that . . . decline.
    Please explain how you expect to make this move when we dont have a conference that wants us?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hell yea.

#3. Average joe NDSU ticket buyer CANT BUY A TICKET. THAT TIME IS NOW

Hey 104 posts in 8 hours. Not too shabby. Lots of interest in this FBS MOVE
    Playing in the famous Idaho Potato Bowl on December 20 will cure the demand problem. No purple.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Any bowl game is viewed by more people than fcs title game, every bowl game gets a whole day dedicated to it.......fcs title game on espn 2 waiting for St. John's vs villinova basketball game to get done does not.

Haven't all of you seen frisco enough now? Time to broaden your travels.

NDSU should be selling these conferences and asking them if they would add NDSU. NOT SIT AND WAIT!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any bowl game is viewed by more people than fcs title game, every bowl game gets a whole day dedicated to it.......fcs title game on espn 2 waiting for St. John's vs villinova basketball game to get done does not.

NDSU should be selling these conferences and asking them if they would add NDSU. NOT SIT AND WAIT!
    Like this:
    NDSU: We are very interested in joining the MWC and we think we could bring a great product to your conference.
    MWC: sorry, we have no plans for expansion at this time.

NDSU: We are very interested in joining the MAC and feel we would be a great addition to your conference.
    MAC: We are not interested at this time, thanks for calling.

NDSU: Um... anybody got the number for the Sunbelt?

And when they say NO what then?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

And when they say NO what then?
    We keep calling until they accept us because we're the mighty Bison, who the F*#@ are you!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.