Page 1082 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 825829821032107210801081108210831084109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 10,811 to 10,820 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The top 4 seeds get byes for the first round. However, all P5 schools automatically get at least one school in the field of 12. Only 1 G5 school is guaranteed a slot. Another G5 school could theoretically get an at at large but that will be close to impossible. The 1 G5 school would almost certainly be the 12 seed.
    This is not correct. The top 6 conference champions make the field along with the next 6 best teams. No conference is guaranteed anything.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The MW is G5 and only P5's get the automatic slot. The 6th spot goes to the champion of the highest rated G5 conference.. That could be any G5 school from any G% conferences "At large" bids are another thing entirely. They get 7 through 12 seeds..

For NDSU to get a 6th seed, you would need to win your conference championship and that conference would have to be rated higher than every other G5 conference. You are not competing against P5's for the automatic 6th seed.
    so ur saying theres a chance bro
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Semantics...Only 1 G5 conference member is guaranteed a spot in the playoff, period..They will most likely be a 12 seed. They are not competing with anybody other than G5 conference members for that automatic slot. The P5's will almost undoubtably fill 11 spots every year and there will almost certainly be a representative from every P5 conference.

I do not think the MW will be in the mix much at all..Maybe every once in awhile. It is certainly not the best choice if you only want that playoff slot. Maybe the AAC or the Sunbelt will offer you a better chance..

Semantics...Only 1 G5 conference member is guaranteed a spot in the playoff, period..They will most likely be a 12 seed. They are not competing with anybody other than G5 conference members for that automatic slot. The P5's will almost undoubtably fill 11 spots every year and there will almost certainly be a representative from every P5 conference.

I do not think the MW will be in the mix much at all..Maybe every once in awhile. It is certainly not the best choice if you only want that playoff slot. Maybe the AAC or the Sunbelt will offer you a better chance..
    Sure most years the G5 battle for the 12. But just two years ago Cincinnati would have been seeded 3rd. None of these G5 conferences are the BIG or the SEC. Their fortunes rise and fall.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I really think the only reason for you to join the MW is if these are the schools you wish to partner with as a peer. You won't get much money, you probably won't have much, if any, chance to get to the CFP 12 and you will be essentially a farm team for the big boy conferences to pluck your best players. That is the G5 gig. Football games that start at 9 PM aren't great in cold weather.

I really think the only reason for you to join the MW is if these are the schools you wish to partner with as a peer. You won't get much money, you probably won't have much, if any, chance to get to the CFP 12 and you will be essentially a farm team for the big boy conferences to pluck your best players. That is the G5 gig. Football games that start at 9 PM aren't great in cold weather.
    Other than TV dictating start times it seems like all of these things are also true of our current situation.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just for fun I ran a 12 team CFP using last season's week 12 AGS poll.
    #9 Holy Cross @ #8 Weber -> #1 Sac St
    #14 SEMO @ #3 Mont St -> #7 Samford

#10 Furman @ #5 Incarnate Word -> #2 SDSU
    #11 Elon @ #4 NDSU -> #6 William & Mary

Holy Cross and SEMO are the conf champs 5 and 6. You can replace #14 SEMO with #13 Jackson St if all conferences are included, no other change.

This is all kinds of screwed up. Mont St and NDSU go on the road to a conference champ ranked lower than them. UIW is an at large at #5 overall, would be #3 seed except they didn't win their conference. Southland's actual champ was #17 SELA who missed out entirely.
    All 8 of the actual quarterfinal teams are in this 12. 3 of the others lost close games to teams ranked above them, and the 4th was the lowest of the 6 conference champs that lost in the 1st round. Take scratch except for Mont St over Sac St(imo Sac was inflated due to easy schedule) the semis and finals are:
    Mont St over Sac St
    SDSU over NDSU
    SDSU over Mont St
    Which interestingly SDSU's games actually happened, just out of order.
    Maybe this isn't that terrible. Gets to basically the same end result.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Just for fun I ran a 12 team CFP using last season's week 12 AGS poll.
    #9 Holy Cross @ #8 Weber -> #1 Sac St
    #14 SEMO @ #3 Mont St -> #7 Samford

#10 Furman @ #5 Incarnate Word -> #2 SDSU
    #11 Elon @ #4 NDSU -> #6 William & Mary

Holy Cross and SEMO are the conf champs 5 and 6. You can replace #14 SEMO with #13 Jackson St if all conferences are included, no other change.

This is all kinds of screwed up. Mont St and NDSU go on the road to a conference champ ranked lower than them. UIW is an at large at #5 overall, would be #3 seed except they didn't win their conference. Southland's actual champ was #17 SELA who missed out entirely.
    All 8 of the actual quarterfinal teams are in this 12. 3 of the others lost close games to teams ranked above them, and the 4th was the lowest of the 6 conference champs that lost in the 1st round. Take scratch except for Mont St over Sac St(imo Sac was inflated due to easy schedule) the semis and finals are:
    Mont St over Sac St
    SDSU over NDSU
    SDSU over Mont St
    Which interestingly SDSU's games actually happened, just out of order.
    Maybe this isn't that terrible. Gets to basically the same end result.
    Also, for FBS after the 1st round everything is neutral site, so no team would be going on the road to face a lower ranked team just because they won their conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Also, for FBS after the 1st round everything is neutral site, so no team would be going on the road to face a lower ranked team just because they won their conference.
    I really wish they'd do two rounds of home games. Kinda annoying that fans will have to travel to at least three neutral sites to see their team win a championship.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I really wish they'd do two rounds of home games. Kinda annoying that fans will have to travel to at least three neutral sites to see their team win a championship.
    #buttbowls