Page 1078 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 785789781028106810761077107810791080108811281178 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,780 of 13494

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    LOL you are truly dumb, no shit sherlock. then they use it to buy plane tickets/hotel rooms etc for their parents in a normal sane family structure
    How the fuck do you know what a normal family structure is????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How the fuck do you know what a normal family structure is????
    Apparently money given to kids for living expenses is actually spent on mom/dad flights if the family is healthy
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That’s actually a pretty reasonable aspiration of our program if you ask me. Playoff expands to 12 teams, with one spot guaranteed for the highest rated G5 team… you don’t think NDSU could make that happen?
    this is the #1 reason with a BULLET why NDSU should be FBS by 2025.

to have the OPPORTUNITY to be in the college football playoff.

if NDSU wins the MWC and the MWC is the highest rated G5 team than NDSU would be in as the #12 seed vs the #5 seed..... sound familiar?? (top 4 seeds get byes)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That’s actually a pretty reasonable aspiration of our program if you ask me. Playoff expands to 12 teams, with one spot guaranteed for the highest rated G5 team… you don’t think NDSU could make that happen?
    I was responding to "if you're FBS you fly to watch your kids." Anyway no need to get into that insanity any further.

But since we're on the subject, when NDSU gets into the MWC after 2-3 of the top teams bolt, I think it'll be nearly impossible for them to make the playoffs anyway. The "you're telling me there's a chance" G5 mercy bid is not a great selling point in my view, it's unrealistic.

how is it unrealistic?

if MWC or AAC conference is the highest rated G5 conference and NDSU wins that conference they are the #12 vs #5 seed in 2025 College Football Playoff

it'd be the biggest thing to happen in north dakota history by about......100times.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    how is it unrealistic?

if MWC or AAC conference is the highest rated G5 conference and NDSU wins that conference they are the #12 vs #5 seed in 2025 College Football Playoff

it'd be the biggest thing to happen in north dakota history by about......100times.
    How is it unrealistic?

First of all AAC? Yeah they ain’t getting in there.

Second? MWC loses a couple staples it will have a legit tiny chance of being the best conference. Not to mention the FBS road games NDSU would have to win.

Sorry your look at me playoff dream ain’t happening.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I was responding to "if you're FBS you fly to watch your kids." Anyway no need to get into that insanity any further.

But since we're on the subject, when NDSU gets into the MWC after 2-3 of the top teams bolt, I think it'll be nearly impossible for them to make the playoffs anyway. The "you're telling me there's a chance" G5 mercy bid is not a great selling point in my view, it's unrealistic.
    (I noticed that after my initial reply, thanks for clarifying).

I still disagree, though. While the chances are probably less than 50%, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to aspire to make the 12-team field. Good point about the top MW teams leaving to make room for NDSU, but if 1 spot is guaranteed to a G5 team, why not NDSU?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    How is it unrealistic?

First of all AAC? Yeah they ain’t getting in there.

Second? MWC loses a couple staples it will have a legit tiny chance of being the best conference. Not to mention the FBS road games NDSU would have to win.

Sorry your look at me playoff dream ain’t happening.
    Why isn't the AAC getting in? Tulane just finished in the top ten.

All of the G5 conferences have flaws. Other than CUSA (horrible). Think any given year the G5's have a legit hope that their conference can get the autobid.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Why isn't the AAC getting in? Tulane just finished in the top ten.

All of the G5 conferences have flaws. Other than CUSA (horrible). Think any given year the G5's have a legit hope that their conference can get the autobid.

The CFP ranking criteria for the CFP G5 slot is EXACTLY the same as the NY6 slot was, so it's pretty clear who will make it.

It's almost a lock that the AAC will be THE conference that gets that "G5 autobid" ... history of NY6 bowl slot for the past decade shows this. It's been the AAC almost every year (UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, Tulane have made it). Being ranked top 10 isn't new for AAC, they've had that happen multiple times, including with Cincinnati at #4. That is the standard the other G5 teams/conferences will have to beat to make it. Boise (MWC) made it the first year in 2014. Boise was ranked #20, which wouldn't have been nearly good enough to make it in recent years.

The other two conferences that have a shot now are MWC or SBC (once or twice in 10 years). SBC had the next two G5 teams after Tulane in CFP rankings this year. MAC is a long shot, but could get in with a small miracle. CUSA will get there when hell freezes over, its that bad now.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 04-26-2023 at 05:01 PM.

[QUOTE=ByeSonBusiness;1616119]1) most of the guys aren't on full rides.
    2) $4500 (9 months x $500) is not enough to cover flights for a season.
    3) most of these guys aren't getting a penny of NIL.

A full ride at NDSU isn't $40k. Why are you lying?[/QUOTE]

Because thats what he does. Anything with math and him you just need to walk away.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."