Page 1074 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 745749741024106410721073107410751076108411241174 ... LastLast
Results 10,731 to 10,740 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Looks like NDSU football players have spoken: If NDSU won't go FBS, We Will. Thanks Stony Brook!!

Cox
    Cofield
    Cox
    Noland
    Sproles
    Eubanks
    Hayes
    Pierce
    Sigle
    Gonnella
    lol chapo is counting Zeb as an FBS transfer.
    College of Business Alumnus

Conferences should be announcing some changes here in May. So hold onto your butts!
    Summit League Hockey?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    lol chapo is counting Zeb as an FBS transfer.
    Yes that is laughable. Whatever it takes to push the narrative.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Hot take: The nation, well ADs around the nation, knows we can ramp up our football program, but, our other sports are severely lacking. Either we keep the football program rolling and increase fees to support other sports, or, we divert money from football to other sports to be more successful. I don't like the former and the latter isn't a great option either, but it might be the best. Maybe football at FBS level is too expensive for a small population state with two major universities and many other public school's mouths to feed. Maybe the Dakotas in general will just have to accept, that, unless it's privately funded we can't have everything we want. I say this as an NDSU dropout who moved to Phoenix in 2003 and finished college at ASU, but even ASU with 10 times the students at the time, was going to cut some sports during the housing bust until private funds came in to save them. I just don't think that NDSU has the extensive alumni base to really support or fund the AD at the level needed.

well NDSU admin missed the boat. ol Stony just wants to ride it out here another 5 years so he can retire out east. pathetic what is happening before our eyes.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There was no boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    Hot take: The nation, well ADs around the nation, knows we can ramp up our football program, but, our other sports are severely lacking. Either we keep the football program rolling and increase fees to support other sports, or, we divert money from football to other sports to be more successful. I don't like the former and the latter isn't a great option either, but it might be the best. Maybe football at FBS level is too expensive for a small population state with two major universities and many other public school's mouths to feed. Maybe the Dakotas in general will just have to accept, that, unless it's privately funded we can't have everything we want. I say this as an NDSU dropout who moved to Phoenix in 2003 and finished college at ASU, but even ASU with 10 times the students at the time, was going to cut some sports during the housing bust until private funds came in to save them. I just don't think that NDSU has the extensive alumni base to really support or fund the AD at the level needed.
    You can replace "other sports" with "men's basketball" - no other sport outside of football really moves the needle when it comes to making a school desirable for conferences. I think NDSU has plenty of alumni support to support an FBS program - donor contributions right now are more than many G5 schools. The main problem is and always has been geography.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You can replace "other sports" with "men's basketball" - no other sport outside of football really moves the needle when it comes to making a school desirable for conferences. I think NDSU has plenty of alumni support to support an FBS program - donor contributions right now are more than many G5 schools. The main problem is and always has been geography.
    Geography is NOT. It's a f&*%king Plane Ride. we Fly to Western Ill Indiana Youngstown Missouri. Whats the difference flying to Colorado State, Boise, Nevada about another 30-60 minutes in a plane at the same price. stop that nonsense strawman
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Geography is NOT. It's a f&*%king Plane Ride. we Fly to Western Ill Indiana Youngstown Missouri. Whats the difference flying to Colorado State, Boise, Nevada about another 30-60 minutes in a plane at the same price. stop that nonsense strawman
    The difference is no one wants to fly to Fargo. Its a desolate, cold, isolated town.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The difference is no one wants to fly to Fargo. Its a desolate, cold, isolated town.
    I kinda agree with Chapo here. Not that big a deal anymore.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery