Page 1070 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 705709701020106010681069107010711072108011201170 ... LastLast
Results 10,691 to 10,700 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    There's like 7 of them so what are the odds.

Seriously, I've lived in Portland for 26 years now and I have never known a single dedicated fan of any of their programs. They must be out there somewhere but I've never run into them. I rarely see PSU swag at all. It's pretty weird given the size of the school. I work about 2 or 3 blocks from the edge of the campus in downtown.
    yea such a odd deal. obviously OU OSU take the oxygen.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He lost me at Eastern Washington.

Did he also say in reference to NDSU and SDSU "they might not win much?"

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    He lost me at Eastern Washington.

Did he also say in reference to NDSU and SDSU "they might not win much?"
    Well, I'm not going to think about that guy's blog much. He has as much credibility as I do in such matters.
    Insert something clever here...

Is there really a geographic advantage for SDSU? Maybe for schools in Iowa or Omaha. I doubt Kanas would take a bus trip that far and then don't teams fly to Sioux Falls and get a bus ride to brookings?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    This narrative is becoming less and less accurate. SDSU has definitely caught up in terms of competitiveness but they have also made significant strides on the financial side. If you look at their possibilities to expand athletic revenue compared to NDSU, they definitely are sitting in a good position. They have a nice stadium that is more easily expandable. They are currently renovating their BB arena. Their geography is slightly better than ours. They have better women's and men's BB programs that may open up a few more doors. Their average attendance is continuing to climb. They are building a donor base to help fund their improvements. They still are behind NDSU in fanbase, attendance and donors but they are just scratching the surface with their first football title. If they can win a second one and start closing out FBS victories the fanbase energy is going to grow much like NDSU did early in the run. I'm not arguing that they are ahead of NDSU but to act like they are behind is somewhat naive. The only thing that NDSU has a significant advantage on is booster/donor dollars with Teammakers. Other than that they are every bit our equal and they are building their roster of boosters year over year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Is there really a geographic advantage for SDSU? Maybe for schools in Iowa or Omaha. I doubt Kanas would take a bus trip that far and then don't teams fly to Sioux Falls and get a bus ride to brookings?
    SDSU is way behind us in the things that will never change, though. No matter what brookings is a shit hole and takes an extra hour plus to get to from Sioux Falls.

It will take a decade to get remotely close to us in fan support and donors. The success of the last 10 years is the exception to their football history, not the rule. Things are starting to turn around for them but it takes a long time for success to penetrate generations.

SDSU is at or near “peak hype” and they’re still not selling out, just able to match our attendance in Frisco for their first championship.

Their brand recognition is 0 outside the upper Midwest.

They aren’t passing or catching us unless we fall off significantly. And if we do that we have bigger problems than SDSU…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    SDSU is way behind us in the things that will never change, though. No matter what brookings is a shit hole and takes an extra hour plus to get to from Sioux Falls.

It will take a decade to get remotely close to us in fan support and donors. The success of the last 10 years is the exception to their football history, not the rule. Things are starting to turn around for them but it takes a long time for success to penetrate generations.

SDSU is at or near “peak hype” and they’re still not selling out, just able to match our attendance in Frisco for their first championship.

Their brand recognition is 0 outside the upper Midwest.

They aren’t passing or catching us unless we fall off significantly. And if we do that we have bigger problems than SDSU…
    Wow just wow are we not the most nervous, small man, fan base
    I’d say just tip the hat say great season next year
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’m not nervous or small man I just fuckin hate those fucks and I hope they lose every game.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Lol do you just come here to stir the pot with people, or do you have an actual opinion you’d like to share?

Here I’ll help you out snowflake. They’ve been eating our lunch on the football field every time we’ve played since 2019 and I would trade mens and women’s basketball programs with them in a heartbeat. They have a good athletic department and they’ve had a great 5 years.

But since we were talking about FBS prospects, I’ll get back on topic with: SDSU has 0 FBS draw for the reasons I mentioned. I think they know it and it’s why you never hear them talk about FBS and/or dismiss when other people do. They will go FBS when 1 of 2 things happen: NDSU goes FBS or pigs fly. Sorry if that hurts your feelings lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Not sure how SDSU is at near or peak hype yet either. We'll probably learn a bit more about that in the next few years.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Fair enough but they are 180 miles further south than us. How much that matters is debatable.