Page 1068 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 685689681018105810661067106810691070107811181168 ... LastLast
Results 10,671 to 10,680 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I do't know but it is possible those two schools paid hefty entrance fees..

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    The $50M I estimated was strictly in B1G subscription fees. And only counts what they estimated was immediately added.
    That ignores literally everything else. Including that per school payouts has doubled since then. How are the other conferences doing in comparison?
    I'd love to see where the conference commissioner, on record, said that letting those two schools in was a mistake.
    Again, you're just throwing numbers out there. What percent of B10 subscription fees that you made up are actually getting passed back to the schools? Does the network not have their own overhead? Do they just magically appear on everyone's cable programming without any expenses or fees?

Someone would have to do a financial audit to find out the actual number. I'm pretty confident that adding Rutgers and Maryland didn't increase net profit $100M/year for the conference. If it did, Rutgers and Maryland should go Indy immediately...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Colorado State Blogger ready for NDSU!

THE Ram U
    @CSURamT
    ·
    Apr 10
    Spoken about this before at length. MWC has put itself in a position where it has no great expansion options. Missed out on Rice, UTSA, North Texas, etc. So UTEP, Louisiana-Lafayette, Texas State, NIU are some of the options. I'd take a flyer on NDSU if I'm the MWC.

Additionally if you pair NDSU in there, it is less of an island. I think due to lack of good FB options, MWC needs to take a chance that NDSU will be as successful in the move up to FBS as Boise, Liberty, App St, etc., have all been because now u are competing for CFP autobid.

^^^^ that's NDSU's selling point for FBS... it HELPS a conference for the CFP Autobid!

make it happen already
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Colorado State Blogger ready for NDSU!

THE Ram U
    @CSURamT
    ·
    Apr 10
    Spoken about this before at length. MWC has put itself in a position where it has no great expansion options. Missed out on Rice, UTSA, North Texas, etc. So UTEP, Louisiana-Lafayette, Texas State, NIU are some of the options. I'd take a flyer on NDSU if I'm the MWC.

Additionally if you pair NDSU in there, it is less of an island. I think due to lack of good FB options, MWC needs to take a chance that NDSU will be as successful in the move up to FBS as Boise, Liberty, App St, etc., have all been because now u are competing for CFP autobid.

^^^^ that's NDSU's selling point for FBS... it HELPS a conference for the CFP Autobid!

make it happen already
    Who does this guy suggest as someone to pair NDSU with so they won't be on an island ?

sounds like Northern Illinois... maybe they are sick of the MAC who knows... its Twitter!! you can be anything on there!! haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sounds like Northern Illinois... maybe they are sick of the MAC who knows... its Twitter!! you can be anything on there!! haha
    You don't even have to be a blogger for people to call you one! Being a fan is good enough if it makes a narrative sound better.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Who does this guy suggest as someone to pair NDSU with so they won't be on an island ?
    Little brother could come.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Little brother could come.
    The bunnies have a way to go financially - if I'm not mistaken - but I believe they ultimately will come along
    I would certainly want them to, eventually
    I don't think they'd be able to stand not being up there with us ...

Unrelated, but why are 100 people an hour or whatever looking at this thread? Isn't it full of repetitive garbage?

Every thread on every message board gets repetitive and full of garbage eventually. The Pac 10/Big 12 dick measuring should be wrapping up soon. The fallout will trickle down to the G5's and I guess, at some point, down to FCS. Maybe, that provides a spark. Maybe it ends this thread completely.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    The bunnies have a way to go financially - if I'm not mistaken - but I believe they ultimately will come along
    I would certainly want them to, eventually
    I don't think they'd be able to stand not being up there with us ...

Unrelated, but why are 100 people an hour or whatever looking at this thread? Isn't it full of repetitive garbage?
    If they’d stop bribing refs they’d have more money for a jump.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes