Page 1066 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 665669661016105610641065106610671068107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,660 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Isn’t the MW at 11 football members? So they’d need 9 members to have an 8 game schedule?
    Currently at 12 football members, 11 for the other sports.

The additions of Maryland and Rutgers have been an unmitigated disaster for the B10. Of course those schools wanted in, light years ahead of each of where they were before.

It will be interesting to see how the cord-cutting/streaming continues to shake out. Seems like everything is slowly moving forward to it still, but one cannot discount the fact that these companies love bundling junk and making people pay for stuff they don’t want. Give it a cycle or two and they’ll do what the soccer leagues do: majority of games on one network, subscription service for some more games, then another network for the major competitions. If you want to see all games you gotta have like three different services. Different flavors of the same crap.
    I don't see where the Big 10 has suffered any unmitigated disasters..That is a wildly successful conference.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I don't see where the Big 10 has suffered any unmitigated disasters..That is a wildly successful conference.
    The unmitigated disaster were the words of an SI writer. The B10’s success has exactly 0 to do with the membership of those schools and the success itself is in spite of them being in the conference.

Every school in the conference would be richer without them. I once read an SI article where the conference commissioner publicly admitted that it was a mistake when directly asked about the decision to add them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

The unmitigated disaster were the words of an SI writer. The B10’s success has exactly 0 to do with the membership of those schools and the success itself is in spite of them being in the conference.

Every school in the conference would be richer without them. I once read an SI article where the conference commissioner publicly admitted that it was a mistake when directly asked about the decision to add them.
    I don't see where it has hurt all that much..But it matters not..

The comings and goings of the big boy conferences is light years away from the MW..

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't see where it has hurt all that much..But it matters not..

The comings and goings of the big boy conferences is light years away from the MW..
    I agree. Maryland won a bowl game last year against a ranked team. Rutgers was very competitive in the men's B1G and handed #1 Purdue their first loss of the season. Maryland made the tournament as an 8 seed and won their first game. The Maryland women's team was a 2 seed and made the Elite 8 this year. I'm not sure and the other sports, but a good friend has a daughter who chose Rutgers over several B1G schools for track and field. Far from an embarrassment. And good academic schools as well.

I prefer the traditional conferences but that's the old fashioned me. This large conferences take away from what made college sports exciting. For that reason I don't like Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, UCLA or USC in the B1G. But that ship has sailed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I agree. Maryland won a bowl game last year against a ranked team. Rutgers was very competitive in the men's B1G and handed #1 Purdue their first loss of the season. Maryland made the tournament as an 8 seed and won their first game. The Maryland women's team was a 2 seed and made the Elite 8 this year. I'm not sure and the other sports, but a good friend has a daughter who chose Rutgers over several B1G schools for track and field. Far from an embarrassment. And good academic schools as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Is that what NDSU92 was saying though? I thought he was talking more about the extra teams diluting the TV revenue.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Is that what NDSU92 was saying though? I thought he was talking more about the extra teams diluting the TV revenue.
    My guess is the tv people encouraged the addition of those two schools. There are a lot of potential viewers on the Eastern seaboard.

My guess is the tv people encouraged the addition of those two schools. There are a lot of potential viewers on the Eastern seaboard.
    Yes and yes. The additions were made to “break into those markets”. Since Maryland and Rutgers don’t have much penetration into those markets, it never panned out as they’d hoped. It was a huge risk and it didn’t work out. If they could go back they’d do it differently but they are now stuck with those teams, probably forever.

The B10 has placed some other pretty big bets recently however, and those have or are projected to pan out very nicely. They are in the drivers seat as the premier conference for the north and west portions of the country. None of that has anything to do with Rutgers and Maryland though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Streaming for games is already a factor NDSU does really well in that aspect.
    getting on Broadcast TV will become more important too as most people will still watch local channels FREE then supplement hulu/prime streams.

NDSU with Broadcast TV/streaming now is very effective & MWC / AAC would be wise to have them on board
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Yes and yes. The additions were made to “break into those markets”. Since Maryland and Rutgers don’t have much penetration into those markets, it never panned out as they’d hoped. It was a huge risk and it didn’t work out. If they could go back they’d do it differently but they are now stuck with those teams, probably forever.

The B10 has placed some other pretty big bets recently however, and those have or are projected to pan out very nicely. They are in the drivers seat as the premier conference for the north and west portions of the country. None of that has anything to do with Rutgers and Maryland though.
    I don’t think that the problem with Maryland is that they lack market penetration. They’re a great basketball school with a strong fan base in a major metropolitan area. The problem is their football program is not good. If it were down to them or the Gophers if you threw out the historical conference associations you’d take Maryland. The Rutgers thing I didn’t understand.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie