Page 106 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    some of us were meant to run for touchdowns(you chapo), the rest of us are mean to run the class projector(your haters).
    You know why no one takes your or Lakes/Chapo/dragons/whatever other banned name he has used takes seriously....if people don't agree with you all they are haters. Get a clue...lots of people think that FBS at some point in time is feasable and would be a good thing. Many of us think that jumping right now would be like jumping into the Amazon River not knowing weather or not there were something in there that could kill us in the river. There are lots of schools that have made the jump after waiting and seeing what was going on and it was a good move for them, I can think of 1 for certain right now that is regretting the move so much that they considered dropping FB (UMASS). With all the change going on right now, moving up would not guarentee anything. If the G5 is going to be cut out competely, why would the NCAA put on another tourney that they would lose money on for the G5, why would bowls keep putting on extra bowls if the P5 expands to 8 or even 16 and they say that if you don't play in the tourney you can't play in a bowl, don't see that happening anyway but its a possibility. Why would some mid level bowl want 2 G5 6-6 teams? Think that would get anything other than some crappy TV slot? There are no guarentees right now, other than staying in FCS and being constantly competitive and have an opportunity to win a national championship. There is no opportunity for a national championship with FBS for any G5 team PERIOD. The bone they were thrown is 1 spot in a new years day bowl game. That is a crock.

Outside of the SEC and Florida State NO ONE IN FBS WILL WIN A TITLE. so all 100 schools are wrong? yea ok buddy.
    its about stepping up and having a TRUE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM! FCS is cute and no one outside of our fanbase gives 2 shits about it.
    Everywhere we go, people give us shit for being fcs, make fun of us for "trophy chasing" and being the cute lil kid in 4th grade.

BULL, NDSU deserves to be with the TOP DOGS in this country, we have proven it on the field and now we need to prove it elsewhere.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Outside of the SEC and Florida State NO ONE IN FBS WILL WIN A TITLE. so all 100 schools are wrong? yea ok buddy.
    its about stepping up and having a TRUE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM! FCS is cute and no one outside of our fanbase gives 2 shits about it.
    Everywhere we go, people give us shit for being fcs, make fun of us for "trophy chasing" and being the cute lil kid in 4th grade.

BULL, NDSU deserves to be with the TOP DOGS in this country, we have proven it on the field and now we need to prove it elsewhere.
    Chapo, I respect your right to flout FBS all you want, but please don't denigrate FCS to make FBS look better. It's eerily similar to the SS board when they call their own FCS football team (and FCS in general) "the JV". Is that the kind of disrespect for others in our fan base that we want here?

Also as far as the "giving us shit for being FCS" theme, you obviously care, but many of us don't really give a rat's ass WHAT other people think of us.

Man, just be positive about your position and state your case in the positives that FBS has going for it. Don't run down something to make something else look better.

I'm not in anyway acting like "hockey" fans. nor am I saying its JV.

Im saying. NDSU HAS ALREADY DOMINATED FCS. FACT. People around the country ask why NDSU isn't FBS, they see that we should be FBS and winning 3,4 or 10 titles in a row is enough to prove that we are worthy.

Im very proud of how NDSU has done and what NDSU is doing... I JUST THINK WE COULD DO MORE!! and make an even bigger name for our university. that is all.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Im saying. NDSU HAS ALREADY DOMINATED FCS. FACT. People around the country ask why NDSU isn't FBS, they see that we should be FBS and winning 3,4 or 10 titles in a row is enough to prove that we are worthy.

Im very proud of how NDSU has done and what NDSU is doing... I JUST THINK WE COULD DO MORE!! and make an even bigger name for our university. that is all.
    And that is a much better way to put it. That is all I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post

Chapo, I respect your right to flout FBS all you want, but please don't denigrate FCS to make FBS look better. It's eerily similar to the SS board when they call their own FCS football team (and FCS in general) "the JV". Is that the kind of disrespect for others in our fan base that we want here?

Also as far as the "giving us shit for being FCS" theme, you obviously care, but many of us don't really give a rat's ass WHAT other people think of us.

Man, just be positive about your position and state your case in the positives that FBS has going for it. Don't run down something to make something else look better.
    I've treaded that thin ice carefully when making my points to move up

This. When you okay a game on hard and win all the time... You have to ask if it's time to move up and play on hardest.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

So now you are saying NDSU deserves to be in a P5 conference?

Lakes, the simple solution to this is for you to stop taking your U of M friends seriously. They're just giving you crap. No one in GF pays us any mind when we tease them about buttHockey.

Right now the program wouldn't benefit from moving up. The administrators would but not the program. I applaud them for making the correct long-term decision for the institution instead of the right short term one for their pocket book (assuming we could even afford the move and avoid an unmitigated disaster right out of the shoot). Our options remain open and the people in charge are monitoring what is a very shaky landscape.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Sam
    We all know including you that that worm will turn in time like it always does. The power shifts. Common on dude use some common sense.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."