Page 1042 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 42542942992103210401041104210431044105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,420 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

There is also this..I do believe you have been vetted..

what that means going forward, I have no idea.

“You can’t be reactive,” Nevarez said. “You have to keep relationships warm, keep your ear to the ground to assess what’s rumor and what might have legs. I don’t know if you can prevent being totally caught off-guard, but even a day or 48 hours heads up, you’re better off. Concurrently, plan for losing school A, B or C. Have contingencies ready, schools that could potentially join. That’s all you can do at this point. What I like about the Mountain West, despite being an original disrupter, they’ve had stability.”

Gloria got my emails... Lets go girl!!@
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    There is also this..I do believe you have been vetted..

what that means going forward, I have no idea.

“You can’t be reactive,” Nevarez said. “You have to keep relationships warm, keep your ear to the ground to assess what’s rumor and what might have legs. I don’t know if you can prevent being totally caught off-guard, but even a day or 48 hours heads up, you’re better off. Concurrently, plan for losing school A, B or C. Have contingencies ready, schools that could potentially join. That’s all you can do at this point. What I like about the Mountain West, despite being an original disrupter, they’ve had stability.”
    MWC really feels like a great fit.

- $4M media payout instead of $2M with AAC or $800k with cusa
    - great home games and respected opponents every year
    - actually play Saturday games in the months of Sep and Oct.

When this happens, all the whiners here who wanted to go to a crap conference better be kissing ML's ass with apologies.

For a lot of people it’s gotten to the point where if he takes NDSU FBS people will love him, if he doesn’t people will hate him. No in between.

Similar to how every year is championship or bust in the football program.

Not super healthy
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

We don't know what the tv deal will be after 2026 and the MW is unlikely to add anyone until the contract runs out.

We don't know who will or won't be in the MW going forward.

I think it is likely you have been vetted to some extent, so have other schools..That seems like a prudent thing to do but doesn't necessarily mean invitations will be going out.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    MWC really feels like a great fit.

- $4M media payout instead of $2M with AAC or $800k with cusa
    - great home games and respected opponents every year
    - actually play Saturday games in the months of Sep and Oct.

When this happens, all the whiners here who wanted to go to a crap conference better be kissing ML's ass with apologies.
    I'd be curious to see ratings of mid-week games versus Saturday 10p ET games. And you may only host 1 or 2 mid-week games. At least half of your conference games will be late starts. Not sure if they would have home games start at 9p CT for the broadcast window.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I don't think there will be many, if any, midweek football games. Not all on Saturday either. Friday games are common. However, there will be several games that start at 8 PM PST. That would be 10 for you folks.

Games played in Hawaii start at 9 PM PST so 11 for you.

If I were King, I would prefer doing away with the football part of the tv deal and just play Saturday games at 1 PM local time. Attendance would shoot way up. MW basketball could probably get a decent deal, particularly if they add a couple good basketball only programs.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I don't think there will be many, if any, midweek football games. Not all on Saturday either. Friday games are common. However, there will be several games that start at 8 PM PST. That would be 10 for you folks.

Games played in Hawaii start at 9 PM PST so 11 for you.

If I were King, I would prefer doing away with the football part of the tv deal and just play Saturday games at 1 PM local time. Attendance would shoot way up. MW basketball could probably get a decent deal, particularly if they add a couple good basketball only programs.
    I was comparing for those who want MWC to avoid the mid-week games of the other conferences. You are just trading one inconvenience for another. Neither are ideal and geography is an issue as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There are certain people for whom a move to FBS is about the prestige and visibility of the program. As much as I'd personally love the Bison joining the MWC because of the proximity to me and my ability to travel a bit more easily to some away games, it won't help as much with national exposure given the time that many games are played in the west.
    Insert something clever here...

Brett McMurphy
    @Brett_McMurphy
    Pac-12 commish George Kliavkoff visiting SMU Wednesday, sources told
    @ActionNetworkHQ
    . San Diego State & SMU are top Pac-12 expansion candidates. Pac-12 needs more members & more inventory for new media rights deal, which is expected to rely heavily on digital streaming services