Page 1014 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 14514914964100410121013101410151016102410641114 ... LastLast
Results 10,131 to 10,140 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yes watch out for reality, it’s out there it just might creep in if you’re not careful
    Unfortunately reality lies within the 2 completely obvious points taper brought up. Which are 100% valid but also doesn’t mean FCS is worth a shit anymore. The pickle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Yes, now start moving dirt on that 50k outdoor stadium and everything is perfect in fargo.
    Just make sure the seats are green so they look good on TV.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Just make sure the seats are green so they look good on TV.
    They’ll be full of snow

Unfortunately reality lies within the 2 completely obvious points taper brought up. Which are 100% valid but also doesn’t mean FCS is worth a shit anymore. The pickle continues.
    Which is why I didn’t criticize his points
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Which is why I didn’t criticize his points
    So instead you just complain? How does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Where's our invite and who's our regional partner? If you want to see harm look at programs that tried jumping without either. You keep demanding we skip both. Sorry if all your dreams aren't coming true tomorrow.
    Agree with you on invite. Disagree on regional partner. Though ideal, I don’t think it’s a necessity.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If the AAC doesn't invite NDSU for football only, that doesn't mean NDSU should stay FCS. From my perspective it feels like yourself and Taper (among others here) believe that an AAC or MWC invite with SDSU coming with is the only situation in which we should move. That is illogical. I think reality is that it is highly unlikely the AAC invites NDSU for football only which means that NDSU is going to have to settle for something less than that. The question then becomes what type of FBS invite is a step up from the current FCS. In my eyes, almost all of them. The only invite that I would probably say is not a step up from our current situation in FCS is an all sports move to the CUSA. If the CUSA invites NDSU as football only, the leadership needs to seriously consider it given all factors (provided we are not locking ourselves into a long term commitment). Are the current teams in CUSA going to move the needle for fans more than the MVFC? Probably not much but it would provide a path to better OOC games and potentially the CFP, even if it's a long shot. The current FCS situation has very little upside for NDSU football.

They’ll be full of snow
    NDSU's LAST home game in AAC or MWC would be 11/19 (sooo 11/5 and 11/19 for home games) no snow and with semi enclosed roof & the field heated and lower bowl heated..... anything would melt.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU's LAST home game in AAC or MWC would be 11/19 (sooo 11/5 and 11/19 for home games) no snow and with semi enclosed roof & the field heated and lower bowl heated..... anything would melt.
    It doesn't snow before those dates in North Dakota ever? Lol. God look at this cash cow we have....can't wait for perfect world.

It doesn't snow before those dates in North Dakota ever? Lol. God look at this cash cow we have....can't wait for perfect world.
    Snow is the not the worry. Bitter cold on the other hand would keep people away…

And that said, bitter cold in November is not very common, even in Fargo…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery