Page 1011 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 11511911961100110091010101110121013102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,110 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    https://www2.kusports.com/news/2022/...-nevada-2023-/

Kansas and Nevada have a home and home deal.
    Wow I was obviously way off. Tons of examples. But will it continue?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    All valid points that I agree with, however I will say this. A 12-16 team G5 playoff would be an absolute blast and the championship game would likely get close to filling up an NFL stadium most years. But only if G5 schools woke up from fantasy land to realize that they were never playing with the P5 schools to begin with. Unfortunately to your point, very unlikely.
    I'm sure it would be amusing and fun to have a little NIT, but it would lose a lot of shine considering the best G5 team(s) will be in the playoff.

Imagine the legitimacy problem FCS would have if the #1 seed got invited to play in a NY6 bowl instead.
    College of Business Alumnus

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm sure it would be amusing and fun to have a little NIT, but it would lose a lot of shine considering the best G5 team(s) will be in the playoff.

Imagine the legitimacy problem FCS would have if the #1 seed got invited to play in a NY6 bowl instead.
    IMO that would mean a clean g5 p5 split and their little brother spot at the table wouldn’t be there. Will never happen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    IMO that would mean a clean g5 p5 split and their little brother spot at the table wouldn’t be there. Will never happen of course.
    Yeah not sure why the G5 would ever want to leave now. They got a real shot at snagging multiple playoff spots, not just the guaranteed one.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah not sure why the G5 would ever want to leave now. They got a real shot at snagging multiple playoff spots, not just the guaranteed one.
    Wouldn't exactly be the G5's decision in that scenario...

Split isn't necessarily imminent, but the more autonomous everything gets the closer it's going to move to the P2/3 getting to do their own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If playing more competitive teams results in some losses and less boat race blowouts, so be it.

Playing uncompetitive teams like Indy State, UNI or WIU has gotten boring.

Wishing for less wins (or smaller winning margins) seems risky. Right now, NDSU has some rivalries (and some duds), based on proximity and competitiveness over the years. However, other than Navy, I can't imagine any AAC teams being all that exciting for Bison fans, including Tulane when they fall back into mediocrity.

P.S. Maybe you could get something started with Charlotte. Years ago, I was at a conference in Charlotte and went to a nearby sports bar that had a big NDSU flag prominently displayed. I think it was called Jocks and Jills. Perhaps the Bison fanbase in Charlotte is strong enough to have a presence at games in Charlotte that could lead to a new rivalry.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Wishing for less wins (or smaller winning margins) seems risky. Right now, NDSU has some rivalries (and some duds), based on proximity and competitiveness over the years. However, other than Navy, I can't imagine any AAC teams being all that exciting for Bison fans, including Tulane when they fall back into mediocrity.

P.S. Maybe you could get something started with Charlotte. Years ago, I was at a conference in Charlotte and went to a nearby sports bar that had a big NDSU flag prominently displayed. I think it was called Jocks and Jills. Perhaps the Bison fanbase in Charlotte is strong enough to have a presence at games in Charlotte that could lead to a new rivalry.
    No one is “wishing for fewer wins” lol stop that crap. I mean do you want UNI to move down to D2? Just think you guys might win a playoff game if you did

The UNI fans I’ve talked to would love for us to go. They want their teacher school conference back
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Jocks and Jills is where the local Bison watch parties are held.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No one is “wishing for fewer wins” lol stop that crap. I mean do you want UNI to move down to D2? Just think you guys might win a playoff game if you did

The UNI fans I’ve talked to would love for us to go. They want their teacher school conference back

Exhibit A: the post to which I was replying said, "If playing more competitive teams results in some losses and less boat race blowouts, so be it."
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Exhibit A: the post to which I was replying said, "If playing more competitive teams results in some losses and less boat race blowouts, so be it."
    Am I missing where I said I was wishing for fewer wins? Lol what a waste of time this convo is
    *one day later*